This sweetie will make your heart swoon...
This teen is protesting her high school's yoga pants policy
Love these looks: MTV VMAs 2015
Understanding is an important part of friendship, Virgo...
Need some style inspo? Check out these teen fashion bloggers
4 common eyeliner mistakes and how to fix them
What time should you *really* take a shower?
Sneak a peek at our August/September issue starring Dove Cameron!
GL's Exclusive Look at Sunday's Best Friends Whenever
More Friends = More Fun
CREATE A PROFILE
GL Tweets !
4 HOURS AGO QUIZ! How confident are you? http://t.co/DECUaJcD21 pic.twitter.com/qw1aemhvcv
5 HOURS AGO Wondering why things are feeling weird within your crew, Virgo? It's written in the stars: http://t.co/ka1pd6zf9N
6 HOURS AGO Still hungry? 11 ways to revamp your snacks and stay feeling full longer: http://t.co/VwUAMQaIcx pic.twitter.com/3o9p3Gawvb
55 Comments | Add Yours
2. yes, because a lot of stars are nice, but they shouldn't be photoshoped.
3.i LOVE to wear make up.not because i feel like i need it but it's fun (mine is almost as crazy as Lady Gaga's.). my favorite look is rainbow eyeshadow.
4.i feel ugly, or fine, depending on who it is.
5. i feel my most beautiful after i talk to my friends about why i feel sad and just tell them everything. it gives you a sense of freedom because nothing is holding you down as much.
6. don't fall for it! go look in the mirror when your feeling down and tell yourself things like "i am beautiful" or "there's nothing wrong with me."
by happygoluckycharms on 7/3/2011 8:52:36 PM
1. Yes. I think their self esteem would go low if they saw bad pic of themselves.
2. Depends on the celebrity. Sometimes their agents make them.
3. I wear lipgloss, curl my eyelashes, and wear some concealer when i need it.
4. i dont really think of it... most celebs arent too skinny unless they have an eating disorder, which is sad.
5. i always feel fine...
6. remember - they are airbrushed, and even if they arent, they have tons of makeup people. even if they dont, i mean theyre just one person, and your always going to be uglier and prettier than someone else
by oceanlover69 on 4/13/2011 10:33:07 PM
2. Yes and no. Nothing a celebrity does is always right. No one always does the right thing. I think that its better to have real people role models, like people you know.
3. I dont have time
4. I dont really think about that.
5. Wear clothes that you like or make you look good. Exercise.
6. A lot of those stars are anorexic, do drugs, and alcoholics. They are very fake. Its like comparing yourself to a barbie.
by eemmais on 2/8/2011 12:18:28 AM
I'm glad GL brought up this topic. I'm one of those girls that sees a picture of a model or celeb in a magazine and feels bad about myself. I try not to, but it's really hard! I think that society should celebrate natural beauty, and embrace their flaws.
by Pearl-Forest on 7/6/2010 3:42:30 PM
1. i dont think so its not right for them to hide their flaws..everybody has them like they say if you got it flaunt it
2. depends like taylor swift, jasmine villegas, selena gomez are good ones but brittany spears, lindsay lohan etc. arent
3. not really unless im going on a date
4. i dont like to compare my body so i dont think anything of it
5. smile....go natural my bf said he likes it better when i dont wear makeup...be happy with who you are
6. DONT COMPARE YOURSELF TO SOMEONE ELSE ecspecially people that you dont even know what they look like in real life
by rayrey on 7/6/2010 3:02:32 PM
I am so glad that GL brought up this topic. It is seriously something that needs to be pointed out to society. So many girls feel fat or ugly because of these types of things...What some people don't realize is that most of it is photoshop and editing. I didn't realize it for a really long time until one day I stumbled across a video on Youtube by Dove (yes, the skin care company). The video is called Dove Evolution by the user name tpiper. But if you search "Dove Evolution" the video should pop up. It truly showed me that everything is edited and done by professional makeup artists and hair stylists. And everything is done this way because of the model's "imperfections." So it just goes to show that there is no such thing as perfection in someone. Just because they are skinny, perfectly tan, no acne, etc...that doesn't mean they are beautiful. Everyone is beautiful.
by tennisroxursox on 7/2/2010 5:17:46 PM
I dont think that it should be okay for magazins and such to air brush and photoshop celebrities...there is really nno point other than to make young girls feel self consious...no one is perfect like that so why even try to make it look like that....
How does it make you feel about your body when you see an edited picture of a star?
I feel as if I want to see what that person looks like in person. Sometime i do feel self consious about myself....but i get over it.
by tdyumyum on 6/27/2010 2:40:04 PM
Q;Is it ok to photoshop for magazines and posters?
A;Why not? As long as watch how you think about them,I think their pretty harmless as long as its known that alot of hassle and work was used and that its ok that others and yourself don't look like models.
A;Some people do look up beacause the pictures can be inspiring or nice to look at, as long as the message in the photo doesn't advertise "bad things"(example, Drugs) using stars models to make them look like " good things".
Q;wear make up? A: nope I don't.
by sunofelder on 6/23/2010 7:13:35 PM
Is it O.K for magazines and posters to photoshop and airbrush celebrities?
-No, natural beauty is what young teens should be looking up to these days, not some photoshop process of a body.
Are these good role models for us to have?
-No, not really. If they feel the urge to doll themselves up with a computer program than do the "normal thing", it's not very good for society.
Do you like to wear makeup?
-I do a lot, but only if it matches my skin tone and looks calm (and feels calm too) on me. When I was littler, I used to put a BRIGHT blue eyes shadow on and ruby red lipstick. I look back at those days with disgust.
How does it make you feel about your body when you see an edited picture of a star?
-I feel like my body isn't good enough. I look at them and want to get a tan, have a perfect face and eyes and lips and hair. I feel...bad...about my body. God only knows how many plastic surgeries these "role-models" have had.
What are ways you can look and feel better without tons of makeup?
-Put on your favorite lip-gloss, a little eyeshadow that compliments your skin tone. Don't forget to smile, eat healthy, drink plenty of H2O, exercise, and sleep well.
Do you have a suggestion for girls who feel bad about themselves when they see pictures of stars?
-I can only say that you are perfect in the eyes of the Lord. If you really want to change, do something all natural like: exercising, eating healthy, drinking plenty of fluids, get 7-8 hours of sleep, and relieve stress by writing your feelings in a journal or talking it out with bud you trust.
by Faith265 on 6/18/2010 12:41:15 AM
Is it okay for magazines and posters to photoshop and airbrush celebrities?- sure i mean if you could do that to your picture you would right??
Are these the good Roles models for us to have?-
yea it's their actions that matter. Like if someone looked like a godess and was a totally meanie then no they wouldn't be a good role model; it only matters what they do with their lives.
Do you wear makeup?-
yea sure just no so much that i would look like a doll or a racoon
How does it make you feel about your body when you see an edited picture of a star?-
Well it doesn't make me feel bad because their lives are already bad enough i mean they HAVE to be perfect all the time, otherwise the press with get every little dirty secrect they have even it it's not real...my life isn't like that at all.
What are ways you can look and feel better without tons of makeup?-
be yourself and don't care what other people think if you feel good than who cares right?
Do you have a suggestion for girls who feel bad about themselves when they see picture of stars?-
Just remember that no one, not even stars look like that.
by ADVICE_CHICK101 on 6/14/2010 3:08:07 PM
Fall in love with the *perfect* book for back-to-school
Want to start the year off right? Grab a copy of How to Say I Love You Out Loud, a gorgeous new novel about friends, family and fitting in.
CLICK HERE to find out more.