Bridget M.

is modding

11 HOURS AGO First time runnners: This is how ya get prepped for your first race! http://t.co/Fj5hMpOn7r

14 HOURS AGO Which @5SOS guy ditched the group? http://t.co/ha18y5CgrB

15 HOURS AGO Don't deck the hall, deck your nails with 5 fab Christmas manis: http://t.co/lRl4FxZNXW

COMMENTS

They say I look sad...but I'm NOT!

People say I look depressed all the time. Of course I'm not going to smile ALL the time but it's not like I NEVER smile...

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!! Help me. (this is a realllly long story, sorry but it's driving me crazy.)
So i know this guy, let's say his name is Justin. I've liked him since the beginning of the school year. I didn't really show it, i just talked to him as if we were friends. I told one of his best friends who is also really close to me that i liked Justin, and he told him. But i didn't really mind that cause recently i've been making it kind of obvious that i liked him.
School just ended. Justin is a year older than me and will be a freshman in high school next year. I'll still be in the middle school. Before the end of the school year, Justin said i was beautiful. He also told my bestfriend (who is a guy) that he gets waaaay nervous talking to me. What should i do about this? I haven't been able to stop thinking about him and it's driving me nuts. I dunno what goes on in a guy's mind and if you could help, that would be great.

Hey girl, don't be afraid to just tell him how you feel. That way you can learn how he feels as well as get this information off of your chest.

Paige T.

by xmarykittehx on 6/12/2010 11:42:22 PM

MOD
I always hide behind my hair because I am worried people will be able to see just by looking at my face what I'm thinking, and I don't want a lot of my thoughts to be public. Because I always hang my head down, my hair now lays in a wierd way and I have developed bad posture. People always think I'm depressed when I'm actually cheerful. I've tried improving my posture but I always instinctively hide behind my hair again. Help!

Hey babe, if you cover yourself with your hair in your face, no one will be able to see how pretty you are! Be confident! Pull your hair back, or clip the front pieces back with a bobbypin.
Megan R.

by bugsbunny2009 on 6/9/2010 6:12:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
So today at school my teacher was giving out awards and crying...which then makes me cry. In front of the whole elementary school! I am so emotional! Is there any way I can stop crying when I'm about to burst into tears? Thanks xoxo.

Hey girl, lots of people start to cry when they see others they know crying, it's not uncommon. There's not a lot you can do to stop it other than thinking happy thoughts, or not looking at the person who's crying. Don't worry about it though, it just shows how much you care.
Abby C.

by mbh1997 on 5/26/2010 2:32:37 PM

MOD!
Ok today I was 15min ealry for dance so I sat in a chair put my hands under my chin and elbows on my legs hunched over and stared at the ground then my friend said "Whats wrong? Why are you sad?" and I`m like what? She said I looked sad and nothing was wrong in fact that day was perfect I got my favorite breakfast lunch dinner and I was having a blast in school and we are going to a vaca next week and I bought a new pink leotard and pink skirt but every1 said "you look really sad is something wrong?"

by boycrushes on 5/2/2010 12:23:23 AM

MOD MOD
i had a meeting with my gidance teacher which we get every so often and she asked if i need any help with anything and i said spelling n she said we will take care of it in about 2 weeks but its been AGES i dont know if they forgot or something and do you have any good tips for bad spelling soz its quite long

Hey girl,

Your guidance department is working to make sure that YOU do well and you have as much success as possible, so go back and ask!  Be polite and mature, but just remind them that you asked for help and you are still waiting for it.  As for spelling, one good rule is to sound out each word and look at it carefully to see if it LOOKS right.  Or, you can look words up in a dictionary until you start to recognize patterns. But definitely don't let them forget about ya!

Lauren C.

by !!RAWR!! on 4/23/2010 1:01:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD. who is MOD, what is MOD, all i see are people MODDING. anyway i was wondering how do you get to your profile???
Thanks

Hey girl, a mod is a moderator. Moderators are girls affiliated with the magazine (most of the time they're contributing writers or former interns) who answer all your Qs. By putting MOD MOD MOD at the top of your question, you flag our attention. As for getting to your profile, just click the link with your username below this answer. Voila! You're there. You can always hit My Account in the GL orange bar across the top as well.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by CTgirl on 4/21/2010 10:20:04 PM

hey! need advice? i give great advice and i am an amazing listener. so just go to my profile and write to me.
i can give advice or my opinion on ANY subject
-mandy917

by mandy917 on 4/20/2010 9:00:11 PM

Hey, girl! I now exactly what you mean! Everyone always tells me that I look depressed and sad to and they're always asking me what's wrong! I'm reallly glad that I'm not the only one that experiences this! I know, it sucks and it's really annoying but I just tell people that I'm not and I try to smile more.But like you said, I'm not going to smile all the time! Thanks for sending that question in. That's a good one to ask about. I didn't even think about asking that. Thanks again. Have a good on! Later!

by fatlouie on 4/18/2010 6:08:00 PM

sorry! i just posted the same thing again.

by karategrrl on 4/16/2010 7:30:16 PM

i laugh and cry too much! i cant really control it, and everyone gets mad because of it.
i giggle at a lot of things, even if it's not that funny. sometimes ill just randomly tart laughing.
i cry at almost everything, too, even really stupid things like when i got an 80 on a math quiz. (i have some really smart friends. we all get mad over Bs.) i humiliate myself in front of friends, crushes, etc. it's making my parents hate me.
what do i do?

Hey girl, I really think you should go and talk to someone about this. I am not really sure how to help, sorry.

Kayla C.