AN HOUR AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

1 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

2 HOURS AGO You’ve got your costume—now spook out your house. 4 ways to make your place scary stylish: http://t.co/4LYak7b5vh #DIY

COMMENTS

I am really shy at school!

In my classes, I have no one to talk to! When we need to choose a seat or partner in class, I’ll end up sitting alone.

HEY! If you need advice or just for someone to listen! Check out my profile!!!! I’m a very good listener and love helping people. I’ve live through tons of stuff and a lot of embarrassing stuff as well so don’t be afraid! I’m here to talk!!!

by GoGreenGoPeace on 4/6/2010 6:30:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD my brother has been sick (throw-up sick) for 3 days. Is there any way I can stay away from catching what he has? Also, and this is kinda gross, but when he throws up at night and I hear him, is there any way I can NOT hear him? Without waking anyone up?

Hey babe,

First off, make sure you wash your hands ALL the time!  Before you eat, before you brush your teeth, before you blow your nose, etc. etc.  Get rid of those germs right away so they don't have any chance of making you sick too.  You can try sleeping with earplugs or with music on low... that might help block out the sound.

Lauren C.

by Green-Eyed Girl on 4/6/2010 6:28:49 PM

MOD,
Me and this guy Matt dated last year for 5 months. Then he broke up with me. This year we dated for 5 months. We broke up mutually. About a month after we broke up, he started dating one of my best friends. Matt and I don't talk very often anymore. Matt texted me last night and said he had to tell me something. I asked what and he said "I don't like you anymore.. People say I do and you might think that, but I don't.. I'm sorry." And I told him it was okay because I didn't like him anymore either! Then he said Okay Smile We still friends right? And I said yes and that I wanted to still talk and everything, Then he said "First off, as friends of course, I'm sorry for being a jerk." I asked for what and he said "Just everything. Especially for breaking your heart." I was like "Matt you didn't break my heart! Is that what you've been thinking this whole time? I'm glad we broke up for good this time Smile and he said o... alright... and I asked what was wrong and he said "idk i just... idk i thought we actually truly loved each other.. guess not :p" Then I said "What did you want me to say? I'm not still in love with you, you have been dating my friend for 2 months.. you love her.. and He said "yea :p i know you don't Smile" and i said "i still love you after all we've been thru together and everything, (we have been friends since Kindergarten) but obviously i didn't love him in the same way we used to love each other" he said yeah.. same.. then i told him i was going to sleep and we could talk later. So. What should I do? It's like he wants me to still be in love with him, which is confusing because he just said he didn't like me, and he is dating a different girl. We are good friends.. And I will always have a little something for him but I don't wanna date him.. I love him as a friend. What should I say?

Hey girlie,

You handled that situation really well.  You don't love him "like that" anymore but it's true that you will always have some sort of feelings for him - you dated for a while and have known each other for so long!  Just keep trying to have normal conversations with him, where you talk about your day, your opinions, what you like/dislike, etc.  It will take some time to get away from constantly talking about what happened between you, but it's totally possible if you commit to being his friend!

Lauren C.

by sportygirly23 on 4/6/2010 6:23:49 PM

I'm like that too

by skatefun on 4/6/2010 5:31:10 PM

ATTENTION ALL GIRLS READING THIS!

if ur reading this girl talk column, u obviously care about advice. visit my profile, post me a question(if its super important, put ***** at the top) and ill answer in 3 days, guaranteed. if ur profile isn't publicly visible, i'll answer ur questions on MY profile(NOW WITH 1600 PLUS COMMENTS!!!). thanks! pass it on to ur friends!

~aspiring advice columnist, lauren

by soccergirl524 on 4/6/2010 4:57:31 PM

I am exactly the same way! And still am. I did the talent show at school one time... I really didn't just achive my goal.... I never exspected it but I won 1st place!!! That kept my confidence up for about the rest of that year... I am back to the normal quiet awkward me again. Every once in a while someone will come up to me and ask me wasnt I the girl who won the talent show 2 years ago. I would really apreciate any advice from middle school girls on how to overcome shyness and to make friends.
Plz comment my profile!!
Hannah

by luvin2dance on 4/6/2010 4:25:54 PM

hey girls!
if you like country music, come check out the club on my profile!
♫♪♥♫

by save_the_sharks on 4/6/2010 4:20:56 PM

mod~ my friend wont let me talk or hang out with any of my younger friends. shes constantly makeing fun of them and im tired of it. and 2. mabey there can be a thing on girls life where its like a photo album for there profile but its just icons and stuff.thx

hey girl! we don't want personal pics on here that's why there's no photo album, but i'll suggest the album for more icons and stuff..! as for your friend, let her know that theres no reason to make fun of the kids. tell her shes your bff for sure, but you still want to be able to talk to the younger kids and be a role model to them!

Hallie R.

by dancengirl on 4/6/2010 4:14:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD Hi, Well today when i came from school my mom told me that my dad had a big suprize for her early when i was at school that he won the lotrie. He even came home from work because he was exited only to find out he made a mistake. He didnt win a million dollers and had to go back. I feel bad. I know he is going to be sad when he comes home from work and a little embarred. Any advice?

hey girl! don't bring it up unless he does, and if he does, make a joke out of it! he'll be fine haha!

Hallie R.

by sweetliksugr23 on 4/6/2010 4:11:02 PM

MOD I'm 10, 5'6 and I weigh 125 lbs... is that ok?

hey girl- yupp, sounds perfect!

Hallie R.