16 MINUTES AGO Who knew babies and sloths (yes, sloths!) could be such good friends? http://t.co/t3cHUse1PC

AN HOUR AGO ICYMI @Zendaya's starring in a brand new movie: http://t.co/1VDEbqpbHp #zswaggers

2 HOURS AGO Are you a loyal friend? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/jGdkLjNp6t

COMMENTS

What to do when...you are a serial hand-raiser

Sometimes I don't even know the answer and have to think about it when I get called on. I just can’t control it.

MOD MOD MOD!
I feel like I don't act myself anymore. So many people have influenced me whenever I say something, it doesn't feel comfortble saying it. I also don't feel like going to middle school. I'm scared about teh Drama. I went to a pyramid concert yesterday and it had other elementary schools were there that would go to the same school as me. I knew some girls but their friend kept copying everything i said kinda snotty. I don't know if that was just her but when i passed her on my way out she didn't even look at me. What should I do? About Her, the drama and being myself?

Hey girlie,

Well you don't have a choice about going to middle school...but you can get more excited by using this as a fresh start for you! Be confident and take things slow. Really give thought to how you want to dress, behave, and portray yourself to your classmates. How would YOU answer that question? What reaction to this situation feels the most comfortable for you? You need to explore your own self and be true to yourself. We all go through phases where we try things out and feel like we have to be a certain way just to please other people. But you'll feel so FREE when you accept yourself, tackle situations as yourself, and feel the confidence that comes from that. You're awesome, girl!
Lauren C.

by chick987 on 10/28/2011 5:58:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I know this will sound like I'm bragging but I'm trying not to... I don't know when to raise my hand!!! The thing is, I usually know all the answers, but I don't want to seem like a know-it-all, but I don't want to act stupid either help????
(I get all A's)

Hey, Girl!
Sorry for the “stock” message. We’re psyched you’re here but since this is a
super busy time, mods aren’t able to answer personal advice or contest
questions. We’re approving your comments now so the girls can start offering
feedback right away! If you still have questions, please come back, we’re happy
to help…or just let the other chicas answer now! (They give awesome advice,
trust us!) Love and thanks!
, Your Blog
Patrol Babes

Trish M.

by *sTaRsTrUcK* on 8/9/2010 11:47:32 AM

I know what ya mean. I do the same thing. Before you raise your hand follow these steps.
1). Wait till the teacher's done talking that way you'll know what you'll raise your hand for.
2). When he/she is done talking count to three and think about if you know the answer or not.
3). If you still want to answer the question. Raise your hand and smile.

by wowzers89 on 5/18/2010 8:29:38 PM

I am very involved in my school. It's a small school so sometimes you can't help but to be in everything. I am currently in FFA adn I'm and officer in FFA, STUCO-I'm an officer in STUCO, 4-H,-I'm an officer in that Basketball, and my class vice pres. I want to do cheerleading, but my mom says I'm spreading my self to thin. do u think I should just not do cheerleading, please help me!

Hey babe,

That's awesome you're so involved!  But mom's right in a way - you need to make sure you're focusing on all the things you REALLY love, not just to hang out with friends or put together an awesome resume.  I say go for it if you're curious about cheerleading, but be aware that you really can't do everything - you might have to cut back in order to have time for your priorities.

Lauren C.

by ffagirl on 5/18/2010 5:38:46 PM

1. take a deep breath
2.think of someone you like
3.press f10 five times
4.send this to five pages
5.look at your background

by SuperStar909 on 5/16/2010 8:08:44 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Girls!
*******
Thanks for reading this. I am reopening this club. We are now about EVERYTHING and ANYTHING! From food to body we can help you with anything!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We also have jobs available(v.p. and anything else is available)
````````````````
Hope to talk! XOXO

by <3beauty123 on 5/13/2010 7:27:22 PM

Hey, girlies! Are you in 4th-6th grade and need advice? If you do, then head on over to my profile! Ask me anything! See ya then!

by iDance4Him on 5/8/2010 9:12:45 PM

Girl)Do you think I'm pretty?
(Boy)NO
(Girl)Do you want to be with me forever... See more
(Boy)NO?... See More... See More... See More... See More... See More... See more... See More... See More... See More
(Girl)Wouls you cry if I walked away?... See More... See More... See More... See More... See More... See More... See More... See More... See More... See More... See More... See More... See More... See More

(Again the boy said)NO
She heard enough and waz hurt, ****he ...walked away tears ran down her face.
The boy grabbed her arm and said:
(Boy)- You're not pretty, you're BEAUTIFUL
(Boy)- I don't want to be with you forever, I NEED to be with you forever
(Boy)- and I wouldn't cry if you walked away... I would DIE!!!!
(Boy whisperz)- Plzzzz stay with me...
(Girl whisperz)- I will...
Tonight at midnight your true love will realize they love you. Something good will happen to you between 1-4 pm tomorrow it could be anywhere..Get ready for the biggest shock of your life! If you dont post this on to 5 other pages you will have relationship problems for the next 10 years

by Artsygurl4evr on 5/1/2010 10:29:04 PM

HEY GL READERS! LOOK*RIGHT*HERE! come to my profile--bluedogn14--I check my comments every day and I can give you advice on anything! Thanks a lot! XOXO

by bluedogn14 on 4/30/2010 8:15:24 PM

Meaning of color and your Birthday!!
Don't cheat, If you are honest, this tells the truth. It's pretty good. Write your answers on a piece of paper,

and NO cheating!! The answers are at the bottom.

1. Which is your favorite color out of: red , black , blue , green , or yellow ?

2. Your first initial?

3. Your month of birth?

4. Which color do you like more, b ! lack or white?

5. Name of a person of the same sex as yours.

6. Your favorite number?

7. Do you like Flying or Driving more?

8. Do you like a lake or the ocean more? &n bsp;

9. Write down a wish (a realistic one).

When you're done, scroll down. (Don't cheat!)

Answers

1. If you choose:
Red - You are alert and your life is full of love.
Black - You are conservative and a ggress ive..
Green - Your soul is relaxed and you are laid back.
Blue- You are spontaneous and love kisses and affection from the ones you love..
Yellow -You are a very happy person and give good advice to those who are down.

2. If your initial is:
A-K You have a lot of love and friendships in your life.
L-R You try to enjoy your life to the maximum & your love life is soon to blossom.
S-Z You like to help others and your future love life looks very good.

3. If you were born in:
Jan-Mar: The year will go very well for you and you will discover that you fall in love with someone totally unexpected.
Apri l-June: You will have a strong love relationship that will not last long but the memories will last forever.
July-Sep: You will have a great year and will experience a major life-changing experi en ! ce for the good.
Oct-Dec: Your love life will not be great , but ev entually you will find your soul mate.

4. If you chose:
Black: Your life will take on a different direction, it will seem hard at the time but will be the best thing for you, and you will be glad for the change.
White: You will have a friend who completely confides in you and would do anything for you, but you may not realize it.

5. This person is your best friend.

6. This is how many close friends you have in your lifetime.

7. If you chose:
Flying: You like adventure.
Driving: You are a laid back person.

8.. If you chose:
Lake : You are loyal to your friends and your lover and are very reserved.
Ocean: You are spontaneous and like to please people.

9. This wish will come true only if you send this to five people in one hour. Send it to ten people, and it will come true before your next birthday

by purple9111 on 4/29/2010 2:43:17 AM

Meaning of color and your Birthday!!

and NO cheating!! The answers are at the bottom.

2. Your first initial?

3. Your month of birth?

4. Which color do you like more, b ! lack or white?

5. Name of a person of the same sex as yours.

6. Your favorite number?

7. Do you like Flying or Driving more?

8. Do you like a lake or the ocean more? &n bsp;

9. Write down a wish (a realistic one).

When you're done, scroll down. (Don't cheat!)

Answers

1. If you choose:
Red - You are alert and your life is full of love.
Black - You are conservative and a ggress ive..
Green - Your soul is relaxed and you are laid back.
Yellow -You are a very happy person and give good advice to those who are down.

2. If your initial is:
A-K You have a lot of love and friendships in your life.
S-Z You like to help others and your future love life looks very good.

3. If you were born in:

4. If you chose:

5. This person is your best friend.

6. This is how many close friends you have in your lifetime.

7. If you chose:
Flying: You like adventure.
Driving: You are a laid back person.

8.. If you chose:
Lake : You are loyal to your friends and your lover and are very reserved.
Ocean: You are spontaneous and like to please people.

by purple9111 on 4/29/2010 2:42:29 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD MOD mod
I blush all the time even when im not embarassed when i laugh i blush when i talk to boys i blush and just yesterday my crush came up to me and said hey cutie and i blushed so now he knows i like him is there any way to stop blushing so much?? its kinda embarassing. . .my face is always red ugh i hate it.

Hey girlie,

I know it's kinda frustrating, but some girls have paler skin on their faces that makes blushing more noticable...and then sometimes girls just get red when they don't mean to.  I wish I could say there's a way to prevent it, but it's just a natural part of your body, in the way that your hair is a certain color and you are a certain number of inches tall.  Just try to relax in situations like that and if you feel uncomfortable, it might help to actually tell the people you're chattin' with that you blush easily and not to pay too much attention to it.  Then you can focus on the actual conversation, not your rosy face!

Lauren C.

by Luckychica101 on 4/27/2010 5:40:10 PM

I have like the same problem but its never really bothered me. . . . .

by Luckychica101 on 4/27/2010 5:32:38 PM

HELP! in my class im known as the cluts of the class, and im not even that clumsy! Once in choir i was on the risers and the girl next to me pushed me off, than she yelled " gez Jennifer stop being such a cluts!" Of corse that made everyone turn around and laugh at me. Another time in gym i was getting the soccer ball that i had just got passed to from me crush (hot)and i tip over the ball. One person from choir that saw me fall off the risers said " wow you really are a cluts." I know i started blushing big time, right in front of my crush too! how do i get everyone to change their minds about me. In my serior year i DONT want to be voted most clumsy. HELP!

by cutecritter00 on 4/25/2010 8:28:11 PM

. take a deep breath
2.think of someone you like
3.press f10 five times
4.send this to five pages
5.look at your background

by mariacandy1 on 4/25/2010 6:57:20 PM

Well,raising your hand for answering questions and anything else isn't really horrible.At least your paying attention and learning,right?

VISIT MY PAGE!!!♥

by perfect pink rice 2 on 4/25/2010 4:23:38 PM

MOD!!!!!!! okay.... so there is this joke between my table at lunch and this table of guys. It all started one day when this one guy( lets call him Brad) so brad came over and sat next to me. it was awkward because i didnt even know him but my friends knew him. so my friend(lets call her liz) liz told brad to make me uncofrotable and it worked because he sat like right next to me. very close. brads friends told me he liked me but i didnt know if they were joking or not. so the next day i found out it was a joke. so i went along with it. at lunch he sat with me. then when he went back to his table and i went to sit with him. so yesterday brads friend from his table and said something to me (it was inapropreate) and i got all embarrased and my friends went over to their table to say something back to them. so i guess you could say it was funny. but today it started to get out of hand. the jokes became inapropreat and me and brad were getting embarrased. i told my friends to stop but they didnt. so i got mad and wouldnt talk to liz. when i went to band after lunch and brad's friend (adam) kept trying to talk to me about it and i kept telling him to shut up but he wouldnt. so i texted adam after school and asked him to stop but he said he wont because he thinks its funny to see me get mad. if they start it again on monday i am going to yell at them.....what should i do????

Hey girl, don't scream at them because that's exactly what they want you to do. Adam even said he likes to see you get mad, so if you don't get angry they'll get frustrated and stop teasing you. You should tell Brad to not get mad either, and your friends will try to figure out why you guys aren't getting mad and leave you alone. Smile

Lynae P.

by softgall on 4/25/2010 2:11:30 PM

ATTENTION ALL GIRLS READING THIS!

if ur reading this girl talk column, u obviously care about advice. visit my profile, post me a question(if its super important, put ***** at the top) and ill answer in 3 days(max), guaranteed. if ur profile isn't publicly visible, i'll answer ur questions on MY profile(NOW WITH 2000 PLUS COMMENTS!!!). thanks! pass it on to ur friends!

~aspiring advice columnist, Lauren

by soccergirl524 on 4/24/2010 5:22:43 PM

1. take a deep breath
2.think of someone you like
3.press f10 five times
4.send this to five pages
5.look at your background

by caitcait5 on 4/24/2010 4:05:45 PM

I don't raise my hand unless i absolutely know the answer. And so in the class that i do really well in my teachers always tell me to put my hand down and give other kids a chance, lol Smile

by lover_of_life on 4/24/2010 11:58:43 AM

How come all the students are sitting in these sick awesome chairs that look really comfy? I'm jelous Tong

by actress456 on 4/23/2010 7:15:50 PM

ATTENTION ALL GIRLS READING THIS!

if ur reading this girl talk column, u obviously care about advice. visit my profile, post me a question(if its super important, put ***** at the top) and ill answer in 3 days(max), guaranteed. if ur profile isn't publicly visible, i'll answer ur questions on MY profile(NOW WITH 1900 PLUS COMMENTS!!!). thanks! pass it on to ur friends!

~aspiring advice columnist, Lauren

by soccergirl524 on 4/23/2010 7:09:17 PM

that's a first.

by aqua girl on 4/22/2010 10:25:15 PM

MOD-
My BFF is homeschooled, but next year she wont be and I think it would be awesome if me and her and this other boy were like best friends. we both really like him (as a friend) and I've always wanted a BGF. but he has a best friend who is a guy, and he's either with him, or these 4 girls who used to be my friends, but basicaaly we just don't get along anymore. I REALLY wish that I could be better frineds with him, I can't eat lunch with him cuz he sits with those 4 girls and they like hate me. I don't want to steal him from his other friends, but he is a really nice boy, and I wanna be his friend. how cna I do this. (i don't have a phone so I can't call him.) please help me.

I suggest you find other ways to talk to him and get close to him. Im sure things will be good Smile xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by colorCute4 on 4/22/2010 9:55:21 PM

***ALL PARAMORE FANS READ***
Hey Paramore fans!
My friend has a profile called, Paramore Fan Club for Girls Life or PFC for GL! so I'm telling ALL of u Paramore Lovers out there JOIN NOW! Laughing
My friend really REALLY needs ppl to join!

by vampirelvr1998 on 4/22/2010 9:36:42 PM

ha ha Laughing this problem isnt that bad so stop ur whining. how old r u? like in third grade? fourth? only someone that young can be that dumb and naive

by donttouchme on 4/22/2010 9:26:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
when does the gl issue get mailed to the buyers.....i havent gotten mine yet!!

Hey girl, I am not totally sure on that one. I bet it will be soon.

Kayla C.

by basketball luver on 4/22/2010 8:39:07 PM

MOD!!!
my mom's birthday is on tuesday and i want to do something special. i know what i'm going to get her, but i want to throw her a surprise party, but the second i said the word "surprise" he said no. i want to make her a cake, too, but shes not working the day of her birthday so she's going to be home (just happened to happen like that). she acts like her birthday is nothing special and really doesn't care, but i want it to be a special day. how can i maybe get her out of the house until dinner or something and maybe convince my dad about a surprise party?? what else can i do for her??

You could write her a poem or a song. My mom always gets really touched about things like that.

Kayla C.

by smileysevvie on 4/22/2010 7:47:07 PM

MOD
I have a bob hair cut, it's short (as u know) but i wanna do someting with it, have any ideas'? Thanks.
xoxo
-Amber

You could experiment it with different hair clips and headbands.

Kayla C.

by vampirelvr1998 on 4/22/2010 7:30:31 PM

1. take a deep breath
2.think of someone you like
3.press f10 five times
4.send this to five pages
5.look at your background

by muney574 on 4/22/2010 7:05:38 PM

MOD
is it snobbish to want a curtian mod reply to ur qustion? thanks. Laughing

I don't know about snobbish but we only mod on certain nights so you'd have to know the schedule to do that.
Kayla C.

by Paramore Fan Club on 4/22/2010 6:45:03 PM

Fans of Paramore! READ!
come over to PFC for GL!
where I'll give u guys Paramore updates!
u can chat and meet other Paramore fans!
and u can share ur feelings about Paramore's songs
and u can talk to others about the cuite male band members!
so what are u waiting for? join PFC for GL now!

by Paramore Fan Club on 4/22/2010 6:41:35 PM

i would be too scared to talk in my class.

by j4zm09 on 4/22/2010 6:38:17 PM

i ALWAYS raise my hand......i such a loser.oh well i get good grades in school cause of it!!!!!!!

by graceygirl77 on 4/22/2010 6:31:47 PM

Hey girls! Need advice? Just write on my profile and i'll help you out(:

by igiveadvice3 on 4/22/2010 6:21:54 PM

lol

by keri49 on 4/22/2010 6:20:07 PM

so am i lolSmile
MOD MOD!!! i have a goal and it is to lose at least 15 pounds..(or more) for summer... but how can i prevent eating unhealthy foods......Smile thanks for any advise

Just give yourself an attainable goal. Get healthy substitutes for snacks you'd normally eat.
Kayla C.

by sunshine96 on 4/22/2010 5:46:42 PM

ATTENTION ALL GIRLS READING THIS!

~aspiring advice columnist, Lauren

by soccergirl524 on 4/22/2010 5:18:38 PM

Hey! Check out my profile! If you need advice,feel free to ask me!

by mileycrazy99 on 4/22/2010 5:05:19 PM

ha same here....but not as bad.

by peacelovecandy on 4/22/2010 4:31:27 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod
Okay this is kind of odd and long, so i am sorry. So i used to date this guy named "steve" -not his real name- then i broke up with him after a few weeks. He was my first kiss. and that was months ago. but what i didn't know was that while i was dating him my friend "riley" liked him. he asked me back out a few weeks ago, but i said no because i REALLLLLLLLYYY like this guy named "todd"
So anyways my bff told me riley and steve are dating. Now i am really jealous and idk why. I don't like steve anymore, and i reeaalllyyy like todd! but i just get a lil' jealous when i think about it! I think its because he started dating again before i did after i ended it. Does that make sense?
Also-
my bff has been texting todd trying to set us up. So she said do you like her. and he said well does she like me? well he ended up telling her he likes me a little so should i ask him out? i really want to but i am so nervous he will say no! what do i do?
THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOU MODS ARE THE BEST<3

Hey girl, you are just jealous because he is with someone else. Definitely follow your heart and go with Todd.
Kayla C.

by peacelovecandy on 4/22/2010 4:31:08 PM

MOD
Next month in gym we're going swimming. I really want to make sure I look okay afterwards. I only have one other class after gym, so I don't really care if I look amazing, just presentable. So how can I make sure my hair and makeup look decent after I swim? And does waterproof mascara really stay on in the pool?

Waterproof makeup is definitely a good idea. You could bring hair gel or something to quickly scrunch your hair afterwards because it looks good but does not take a lot of effort.
Kayla C.

by LolaGranola on 4/22/2010 4:08:36 PM

That is a cute guy in that picture.. I am to shy to raise my hand anywhere

by Photochickie on 4/22/2010 3:47:53 PM

Well i really cant say anything about this. if i have a question i just go talk to my teacher (even if she is in another class). if im asked a question i have to answer it cuz im the only one in my grade (class). im home-schooled. sorry i wish i had some advise sorry Frown

by Beckles on 4/22/2010 2:50:29 PM

hey girlys tired of mods saying they r 2 busy to answer ur Q or it takes forever? just ask me ur Q!! i am tatertot71798 and i will answer any Q's u have. just leave a Q on my page and i will answer asap. i am on girlslife 1 to 15 times a day so i will b able to answer ur Q as fast as possible. i can answer my Q on my page or urs plz specify that with the Q. if its urgent put ASAP at top but if its not so much just put NEED HELP thx so much u guys r awesome!!!!

by tatertot71798 on 4/22/2010 1:09:51 PM

by tatertot71798 on 4/22/2010 1:09:34 PM

wow if i know the answer i raise my hand if not i don't

HEY GIRLS ANY GOOD BOOK SUGGESTIONS?

i like teen/young adult im 15 and like fantasy/sci fi/adventure/action

like...

Maximum ride

hunger games

gone and hunger

harry potter

no vampire books

by wednesday1408 on 4/22/2010 12:10:18 PM

Mod Mod I posted ?s a ling time ago still no answer why??? Isn't it ur job? I know y'all try your best

Hey girl,

I just answered a bunch of your questions, but sometimes it may take a while because when we MOD, were modding and also working on other stuff in the office too. So give us a little time and we'll try our best! Thanks girl!
Allee S.

by Memesputerpunkingirl on 4/22/2010 11:59:27 AM

MOD-this guy had my face as his wallpaper on his fone so that was pretty much a clear sign that he likes me and i think i like him and i have his face for my wallpaper on my fone and i showed it to him and he laffed but his brother who is a jerk and is always hitting on me like me 2 and his lil bro keeps kissing me on the cheek and i asked him y he does that and he said cuz i like you then im like thats a bad idea so HELP lol this is UBER URGENT!!!

Hey girl,

The boy obviously likes you if he has your picture on his phone, that's pretty flattering! But if his bros are bothering you, let the boy know. Maybe he'll tell them to stop because he will hopefully be looking out for you!
Allee S.

by tatertot71798 on 4/22/2010 11:28:04 AM

Mod mod mod Can u describe the cutest outfit u have?

Hey girl,

My favorite outfit I have right now is a pink skirt that has a black elastic belt on the top, it's high waisted to I wear it with a black tank. If I'm casual I'll wear black flip flops but if I wanna dress it up I'll wear these black wedges I have.
Allee S.

by Memesputerpunkingirl on 4/22/2010 11:23:15 AM

Mod mod mod what is the hadest u been thru

by Memesputerpunkingirl on 4/22/2010 11:21:14 AM

Mod mOD mod how many ?s are we allowed to ask? How many are too many I don't wanna annoy u

Hey girl,

There isn't a limit but if you ask a lot we may not be able to answer all of them, but we'll def answer some..just be patient. Thanks chica!
Allee S.

by Memesputerpunkingirl on 4/22/2010 11:20:15 AM

Mod mOD Mod what are you wearing today clothes/makeup wis?

Hey girl,

I'm wearing a pink/black plaid shirt and black leggings, with black flip flops! My makeup is pretty natural...gray eyeliner, light gray/pink shadow, mascara, foundation, and blush!
Allee S.

by Memesputerpunkingirl on 4/22/2010 11:19:04 AM

If ya girlies need advice on stuff just let me know and I'll try to help!

by Memesputerpunkingirl on 4/22/2010 11:12:07 AM

Mod mod mod are u having a busy day?

Hey girl,

We're having a pretty good day, a little busy because we're finishing up the next issue! And of course constantly updating GL.com. But we always have fun doing it!
Allee S.

by Memesputerpunkingirl on 4/22/2010 11:10:10 AM

And that will give you better gradxes for class participation. )':

by CutieWithGlasses on 4/22/2010 8:53:27 AM

I literally never raise my hand in class. in ila and math i have teachers that ly call on raise yuh nn i nevah do!

by CutieWithGlasses on 4/22/2010 8:52:15 AM