10 HOURS AGO Can girls make the first move—or is that weird? http://t.co/tgtlB9KNYl

13 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 Western chick wrangles these @BuccoCapensis navy boots: http://t.co/o8FUIQYMbr

13 HOURS AGO Snag a sneak peek of @jacquieleemusic's new EP: http://t.co/CsAj7j0goN #thevoice

COMMENTS

Get GL's new book and get answers to YOUR body questions!

Ah, the dreaded P word—puberty. One morning you wake up and BAM! your bod isn’t quite the same as before. You feel more like a distorted, fun-house-mirror...

What's happening to me?
I have body hair but haven't starting developing breasts yet.
And what happens if you're chubby? Do you develop later?
Thanks, =]

Hey girl! Both are signs of puberty, but that doesn't mean they have to happen at the same time.  Usually they happen at different times for different people...it just depends on YOUR individual body.  You'll develop breasts with time, don't worry. A good way to tell how large your chest will be is looking at other females in your immediate family.  If most women in your family are small chested, then it's likely you will be too.  (not 100% guaranteed, but definitely a good way to estimate)  Being chubby doesn't determine how fast you develop, in fact girls with less body fat, or girls who are undernourished, have a harder time getting their periods and being fertile....making them less likely to develop and experience signs of puberty.
Megan R.

by SecretID on 6/9/2010 4:53:07 PM

Question my period started yesterday and today it's so heavy I have to change my tampon every 20-40 min this normaly doesn't happen am I inserting my tampon wrong or something. It barely leaked when I was sleeping but when I got up whoosh it cane really fast

Hey girl! Everyone's period is different.  Check out the section, "Periods, Period" on the GL website to see if your question can be answered there.  Here is the link, check it out: http://www.girlslife.com/hub/periods-period.aspx
Katie R.

by pianofreak on 6/9/2010 11:19:16 AM

i would buy it but i would act like my mom made me so ppl wouldnt think i really wanted to know anything

by pceoutgirl on 6/2/2010 8:03:23 PM

**********MOD**********

Ive like this one guy, lets call him Jay, for a super long time. and one day while we were at this fair, he told me and my friend, Rachelle, that he liked both of us. and he told me that he wasnt ready for a girlfriend. which i was fine with. i didnt know if i was really ready for a boyfriedn. so then i talked to Rachelle and she said that she didnt like Jay and that she wouldnt like Jay since theyve been best friends for a long time and it would be weird if they went out. but then on friday me, rachelle, jay, and a few other people went to a friends house. we started to play truth or dare. and one of my friends who knows that i really like jay dared me to make out with him. i got so mad at her because it didnt feel right because it was my first kiss and because i didnt think that he would want to kiss me since i kind of gave up on the fact that he liked me. but i still kissed him. and then on saturday he asked me out. and of course i said yes. but then i started to feel weird. because the fair was only like three weeks ago and i wasnt sure if he really wanted a girlfriend. i asked all of my friends if they were sure that he really wanted me to be his girlfriend and they said he wouldnt have asked you out if he didnt. but im still wondering if i should break up with him since i dont know if he really wanted to go out with me, or if i should talk to him about it. im just so confused right now.

thank you!

by tinyturtle40 on 5/31/2010 10:26:19 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD i wanna get this book but im not old enough to get there by myself and im not going to my mom and say get i get this book its a bout my body shell look at me like why do you want that whut do i do?

Hey girl, I know it can feel awkward to talk to your mom about that stuff, but I'm sure she wouldn't react negatively!  She was once young, too.  Maybe you could show her this page, and ask her if you could get the book.  Tell her you think it's important to be educated so you can be healthy.

Marie H.

by init2winit99 on 5/26/2010 6:41:20 PM

puberty is a very interesting word.

by sixteengirl93 on 5/26/2010 3:05:06 PM

Yesterday i saw the book.. I read a little.. I like it! I make a mood journal and the Chapters are my ages.... my mom said we will come back for it.

by PlayGirl on 5/24/2010 3:57:39 PM

My friends and i stuffed our bras for fun and I was talkin to my friends about it and this guy heard us. So after school he told me ex-bf and they were just laughin.
How do I deal with this?(they dont talk about it anymore but they will always use it againest me)

Hey girlie,

Just let it go.  I know it sounds easier said than done, but trust me on this one - they already know the dirt, so just laugh it off and go have fun with your friends.  The best way to combat the spread of rumors is to make it appear that they don't affect you.  As long as you stay confident and unfazed, they'll get tired of it and move on to something else!

Lauren C.

by 23victoria on 5/23/2010 3:07:11 PM

heyoz girlies! lol..ummm i just want a person i can talk to and share some stories i need help with..plaese..anywayz i am A GOOD ADVICE person..thankz ♥

by elmorockz1252 on 5/21/2010 8:23:55 PM

Join Chatter Boxes where girls chat all over give each other advice, share interests and things like that.

The club is divided into smaller sections such as "The Book Girls chat" or "The movie l♥vers" and things like that. The members of this club can make their own articles all over my or their profiles about what their club is about.

Another feature is just random chat, not a mini club in the big Chatter Boxes club. Just type in *Chatty Girls* and begin a completely random conversation!

There are also soon-to-be articles and advice columns done by different members of the club, as soon as the club is up and running. We will take advice about anything and turn them into articles. Just when you need advice put the category on top, for example, *Guys*.

We will also have random, cool, fun quizzes and talk about priorities like fashion and school and guys!

So if ANY of these things interest you, click on my username right now and join! Smile

by naturallywonderful on 5/21/2010 5:09:37 PM