1 HOURS AGO Because who doesn't want the recipe for the world's greatest carrot cake? http://t.co/7zWmJLIVHv

2 HOURS AGO 3 gotta-grab styles for spring: http://t.co/PTSdXbYKEd

3 HOURS AGO Boost ya game, girl! Here's how to ask a guy out on the sly: http://t.co/AS1N1ATW1Y

COMMENTS

Get GL's new book and get answers to YOUR body questions!

Ah, the dreaded P word—puberty. One morning you wake up and BAM! your bod isn’t quite the same as before. You feel more like a distorted, fun-house-mirror...

I'd like to buy this book! It sounds sort of similar to American Girl's Guide to you book, which I read like.... 3 years ago. I was nine lol
(I don't subscribe to AG anymore). That book stated the facts, but I feel like GL's version would have more suggestions.... (:

by actress456 on 5/20/2010 12:57:18 PM

MOD*MOD*MOD* my day was W-O-W Laughing except for one thing...my one friend hasnt been that great of a friend lately, she has a HUGE temper for the smallest reasons and only hangs out with us when she wants something! We try to talk it out with her but she completely avoids the situation! Help! thanks and have an awesome day!!!

Hey girl!

Thanks for writing! Ask her if there is anything wrong.  Explain to her that you are worried about her and you want to help her.  Hopefully she'll open up soon.  Be patient with her.

Good luck!

maddie b.

by Rato09 on 5/20/2010 11:32:26 AM

Some teachers take the easy way out, and tell you to go find websites about certain topics like puberty rather than go over the stuff. Our classes usually went over the subject and then the teacher gave you more online resources to go and learn on our own time.
I hope the book is as good as they say it is and gives real information. And it would be good if they had a section about online links to puberty and body stuff like to GL obviously. There is no reason why we shouldnt know a lot about what we are going through if we just take the time. Alyssa B.

by luckykel on 5/19/2010 10:45:31 PM

Welcome to a "get fit" community made for teen girls everywhere! Join others as we all become the healthiest and hottest we can be- the healthy way! No starvation or crazy excersize, its all healthy. This site has tons of tips, inspiration, and more to help you on your get fit journey!

by fit girls on 5/19/2010 10:04:53 PM

MOD, Okay so me and this guy, Joe, dated before like 10 months, but broke up and he's been dating this other girl, Annie, for like 3 months. Me and Joe have seriously been best friends since kindergarten and have liked each other since then also... Joe told me a few weeks ago that he will always have feelings for me and he loved me, but he is with annie now... and he isn't gonna break up with her. Then he said we should just go back to being best friends we have only talked once or twice since then. Anyways, today during one of my classes, Annie and this other girl were passing a note and I could tell it was about me. I sit behind her so I was reading it over her shoulder. It was talking about how she thinks I am flirting with Joe and how I supposedly "flirt with all the guys" and how she thinks I still like Joe. Out of all people, i can HONESTLY say I don't flirt very much. Then one of my guy friends was sitting on the floor and he asked me to help him up, so i did. Then on the note they wrote "see? point proven " (about the flirting thing) Then the girl she was passing the note with said "I don't see what he sees in her anyways!" and "don't worry, you are WAY more pretty than her". It made me feel horrible. IDK what to do, because the group I'm usually hanging out with is me, my 2 best friends, and annie. We're all close to each other except me and annie... It's just hard for us to be close because we have both liked joe a long time.. Oh, the reason Annie thought I was flirting with Joe was because I was in the hallway during a class filming him answer some questions for this end-of-the-year video I am helping with... We weren't even flirting! What should I say to Annie? Or what should i do? What should I say to Joe? Anything? I'm tired of them saying I like him. I honestly don't wanna date Joe, at least not for a long long time. In the note it said "she says she doesn't like him but idk.." Please help me! :/

Hey girl, just talk to Annie and make things clear. Don't mention the note, but just say hey, things have been kind of weird with us, so I wanted to make sure everything was OK. Make it clear that you're happy she and Joe are together and you're looking just to be friends with him. As for the flirting rumor? Don't sweat it. She's just a little insecure and doesn't mean to hurt you.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by sportygirly23 on 5/19/2010 9:33:43 PM

MOD
K thanks. I thought GL would work but I wasn't sure.

Hey girl, no prob. Sorry I couldn't help more.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by lagirl16 on 5/19/2010 9:21:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD (Marie h) About the thing earlier. I will ask my friends but do you know of any sites that have that

GL has lots of awesome info about puberty!  You could use the Periods, Period section, or any of the other great puberty articles on here.

Marie H.

by lagirl16 on 5/19/2010 8:35:39 PM

hey girls! come check out my profile if you need some advice, or just someone to talk to(: thanks<3

by chlojo98 on 5/19/2010 7:49:01 PM

mod i am not over weight but i just dont like the look of my stomach....i think its cuz when i get home after school, sometimes i hav a little snack but then i cant stop eating! how ca i stop myself on over eating after school?

Hey girl,
Snacks can be a great way to get some nutrition, but it's important to keep a balance.  Keeping an eye on portion size, and balancing healthy snacks with less healthy ones, will help.  You can always check with your doc to discuss healthy eating habits for you, and check out the Healthy You Program:  http://www.girlslife.com/category/g-life-healthy-you.aspx for other ways to take care of your bod.  xoxo

Marie H.

by jbieberlover999 on 5/19/2010 7:34:04 PM

***PARAMORE FANS READ!***
come over to PFC for GL!
where I'll give u guys Paramore updates!
u can chat and meet other Paramore fans!
and u can share ur feelings about Paramore's songs
and u can talk to others about the cuite male band members!
so what are u waiting for? join PFC for GL now!
Prez of the club,