11 HOURS AGO You know you wanna wear a sweater on Thanksgiving...here's how to rock it: http://t.co/hhSGNIzUT6

14 HOURS AGO Need a style upgrade? Enter to win a pair of @mirabellagirl slouchies for your UGG boots: http://t.co/ggzprnMsbF

15 HOURS AGO Now even shy girls van get their flirt on: http://t.co/UCVNh5a7Wx

COMMENTS

3 ways to reinvent yourself next school year

I'm going to a new school next year. I don't just want to fit in. I want to stand out and have guys falling for me. How do I change my style and my personality?

I need to get rid of the my quietness quick. I need as namy tips as possible. Help!

by luvin2dance on 7/29/2010 10:37:18 AM

I agree with the school shopping but sitting with a bunch of diffrent people each day may make the kids at school think your ethier trying to cram yourself in or you can't stay put so your untrustworthiy. you probly aren't but kids minds don't work that way. no one is "oh a new girl. let's be friends!" they're more"oh, a new girl." and get real deffeinsive for popularity places.

by Gothicbeauty on 7/28/2010 7:39:22 PM

Why would you want to be popular with guys falling all over you? That doesn't sound like any fun at all, it sounds like you're trying to be like everyone else. Be YOU, not a part of some "popular" crowd (most people don't like popular people anyway). (:

by pag53 on 7/28/2010 4:07:21 PM

mod
i'm not sure if i should follow your tips. if i act all nice towards the boys at school, they'll think i'm flirting, which causes rumors. how can i make it seem like i'm just being friendly?

Hey girly,

I don't think being nice to people makes them think you're flirting! If you just make friends with guys the same way you make friends with girls (starting conversations, hanging out), I'll think you'll be okay!
Alissa S.

by happygurl5922 on 6/16/2010 1:10:49 PM

Hey sup!!

by kittycadet101 on 6/3/2010 10:41:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Our school dance is tomorrow and I'm not sure what to wear. My friend who's in the grade ahead of me said that nobody dresses up. I am definately not the type of person to dress up at all!!! I would never EVER wear a skirt or dress, so that's out of the question. I'm going with my two BFFs, so what should I wear?!?!?!

Hey girlie,

Dress in something comfy and special!  Go with a pair of jeans {dark jeans are nice - they're sorta dressy but still casual since they're denim}, then pair it with a fabulous top: pick one that is sparkly, has a gorgeous floral print, or that is in a bold color.  Finish off the look with a high ponytail and a cute pair of flats for a look that will let you dance the night away and feel amazing while doing it Smile

Lauren C.

by kittycadet101 on 6/3/2010 10:24:31 PM

I had the same thing happen to me last year! I was starting middle school/junior high and I was like, "You know, I'm tired of being the normal girl." I got cuter clothes, really showed people what I love to do (which is sing and dance) and talked to everyone! I didn't "fit in" in the bad way, but I stood out and became a lot of people's friends. I became popular and I also got a really cute, funny, awesome boyfriend! So don't change your personality, just let it show a little more.

by charlieghsingergal on 6/2/2010 5:51:50 PM

hi i know just how u feel! im in sixth grade and ill be gong to a new school next year too (my first year in public school!) this article really helped me.

by funsun on 6/2/2010 5:15:39 PM

Get some jewelry and some adorable shirts from stores like The Gap and Old Navy. Wear a stylish shirt(not a big T-shirt), jeans, converse sneakers, a necklace, a bracelet, earrings (if your ears are pierced), and lip gloss. There is a such thing as too much make-up.

by CuteChick on 5/27/2010 12:24:14 PM

MOD, I have a problem. I am in sixth grade and so is my friend "D." Theres this 8th grader on my bus, H, and she acused my friend D of poisoning her puppy just because it was in her yard for a bit. I know she would never do that because she loves animals and so does the rest of her family. She was being rude and called her a bad name and made D cry. And to get her attention she calls her fillipino girl since shes half philippine. And Theres these other girls that are on the bus, G and J. and they are like H's group of wanna be's and they were mean to D and me the day after. I didnt even do anything, I didnt say one word to her. G called me barbie and asked me where Ken was. Me and D were talking to our other friend A and G said dont hang out with the barbies. What does that mean? I kind of think she was trying to be mean but wouldnt that be a compliment since barbie is perfect? What do I do? Do i kill her with kindness? Ignore her? I need some help please, thanks Smile

I'm so sorry to hear about the drama, but it sounds like you've already got some good ideas!  Sometimes ignoring works best in these situations.  Try to ignore them when they make silly comments.  If they are very direct to you, being kind and staying above the drama is a good way to deal.  Also remember that you have an awesome bud that you stick together with - that matters more than what some other mean girls are saying.  xoxo

Marie H.