AN HOUR AGO That friend who never wants to hang < http://t.co/n4hMjie8rv

4 HOURS AGO DIY lip scrubs we heart: http://t.co/lSqLTWrTyL

5 HOURS AGO 5 reasons to start meditating this second: http://t.co/yIKpxRHqTF

COMMENTS

3 ways to reinvent yourself next school year

I'm going to a new school next year. I don't just want to fit in. I want to stand out and have guys falling for me. How do I change my style and my personality?

**MOD**
I kinda have a prob like this. Almost everyone in my grade thinks I follow my BFF around. Next year I want to change myself and seem like I'm not foloowing her. What should I do?? Thanks! Smile
XOXO~Courtney <3

You could join some clubs or activities on your own. That would help give you some of your own hobbies to do.
Kayla C.

by cmn5297 on 5/20/2010 8:19:11 PM

*******ATTENTION*******
DO YOU NEED ADVICE QUICK?
well im your girl. i get many wonderful reviews from lotsa girls, all ages. ive been ignored, loved, hurt. all these experiences lead to good, real advice. i can help from anything to family, friends, fashion, and boys. head on over to my profile and i will answer asap! i get on girlslife 2 or 3 times a day

by beautiful*smart*brunettte on 5/20/2010 8:17:44 PM

hey girls! I give advice on just about anything! I'm really experienced in being an advice giver and help you get out of even the toughest sitch! so post a comment on my profile and I'll be happy to help ya Smile

ATTENTION DANCERS: if you need any advice on dance or anything related to it, (all kinds even pointe) then im happy to answer your questions! post a comment on my profile Smile

by summerlover0116 on 5/20/2010 8:14:55 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod ok I have 2 questions
1. I'm going into 7th grade and im soooo scared and excited cuz I want to go but i'd wrether just stay at my school cuz i mean i saw a 6th grader totaly meltdown on the wast day of school in 6th grade and im like that is soooo not going to be me but I get out in 6 days and now im like that is sooooo going to be me plz help im sooo scared
2.ok so im going to be in athletics next year so i have 2 get a sports phisical i was wondering if i would have 2 take off all my layers

No you shouldn't have to. As for the meltdown, maybe that person just cannot handle stress. It is always going to be that way. Don't feel bad about going into the next grade. I'm sure it will be great!
Kayla C.

by girlzrock123 on 5/20/2010 8:12:23 PM

Don't change who you are just because you want to fit in. What's gonna matter in a couple of years is what job you have, and who you have rooting you on to do your best in life. Trust me,I'm at the end of 10th grade,I know.

by khaotickaitlin on 5/20/2010 7:59:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
i have a problem. for my school, i made honor roll.some of my friends made it too, but they forgot to turn in the permission slip. now, i turned mine in and not many of them are going. should i go with my younger sister or with a friend im kinda emberrased to be with?
please respond!
love, ari

I'm guessing this is some kind of trip. I bet you wouldn't want to miss it, so just go with whoever you think you would have the most fun with.
Kayla C.

by miss jonas on 5/20/2010 7:44:12 PM

MODMODMODMOD!
How do i not look like a complete loser in front of my crush. It seems the only times he looks at me is when im all crazy like, and loud mouthed. Any advise?

You could try checking out our flirting guide to see how you could get his attention in a good way.
Kayla C.

by Paramore Fan Club on 5/20/2010 7:29:55 PM

ATTENTION ALL GIRLS READING THIS!

if ur reading this girl talk column, u obviously care about advice. visit my profile, post me a question(if its super important, put ***** at the top) and ill answer in 3 days(max), guaranteed. if ur profile isn't publicly visible, i'll answer ur questions on MY profile(NOW WITH 2000 PLUS COMMENTS!!!). thanks! pass it on to ur friends!

~aspiring advice columnist, Lauren

by soccergirl524 on 5/20/2010 7:14:55 PM

hi
Heres a V.P. application.
~How old are you?(If you are uncomfortable give say an age between_&_)
~How often are you on GL?
~How often are you willing to be on?

There will be more questions in the near future.
PLEASE HAVE ALL APPLICATIONS IN NO LATER THEN TOMORROW!!!!

by <3beauty123 on 5/20/2010 7:14:20 PM

MOD MOD
You didn't answer Q 2&3! I know you're busy but please? Lemme repost:
1) My grandma thinks dangly earrings (even small ones) are slutty. (She said something like fooshie, cause she doesn't like saying stuff like slut around me, even though im almost 14...) I live with my grandparents cause both my parents died when I was 5 months old, so I can't just ask my mom to let me wear them. I've already talked it throung with them (including her "fooshie" explanation...hehe.) Help?
2) As you can see, my grandma is VERY protective of me. Any ways to let her loosen up? I get that I can't go to the mall without at least 4 freinds and stuff, cause I'm still not THAT old yet, but she's suffocating me!
3) I like music like this: http://www.mixpod.com/playlist/51893389 Expecially Midnight Romeo by Push Play. Any band suggestions? Music is LITERALLY my life. ;)
THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! (For Question 1, 2, and 3!)
And thanks again!

Hmm....I always check the free songs on itunes for help. Have you ever heard of The Academy Is..., Hot Chelle Rae, or The Hush Sound? You may like them.
Kayla C.