11 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

14 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

15 HOURS AGO Join the GL gram fam and follow us on Insta for pretty pix and behind-the-scenes snaps: http://t.co/Umf3MGtn7Y

COMMENTS

My best friend is self-centered

Recently, I’ve noticed my best friend is kind of self-centered. Most of the time, we talk about her or whatever she wants to talk about...

I have a friend who makes it all about her. One day I told her something and she said"oh but my problem is way worse." It really made me feel different about her. She does this all the time. Now she does that and ditches me for boys. It's so SAD.

by summer23 on 5/18/2011 10:27:09 PM

MOD!
I have a friend who says that she likes me but she is really mean! She punches me all the time. And then when I ask her why she did it she just says, "Cause I could...." She also likes this guy that is one of my friends, and the other day he was messing around on the bleachers and she pulled on his leg and made him fall! I dont even know what to do about her anymore! She can be so mean and annoying. And when I try and talk about it she just says, "When did I do that?" and she tries to avoid it. What should I do?

Hey girlie, that's a tough situation to be in! If she's not listening to you when you talk to her about it, tell her that if she doesn't stop this behavior, you're not going to be able to be her friend anymore. She has no right to treat people like that!

Clare W.

by Aregorn337 on 2/22/2011 3:10:23 PM

help!!my friend is really annoying and lies to me but says the lies were jokes. i told her to stop being mean to other people but she wont. and when i tell her to plz be nicer to me cause i dont want to befriends if shes mean she starts rambling on about "what did i do? then i wont have any friends !!" i dont want to be friends any more but she always gets mad at me and STILL stickes to me like glue. i REALLY dont want to be herfriend anymore but she always makes me laugh right before i try to tell her. then i would look so mean if i told her i dont want tobe friendright after she makes me laugh!!!! im so confused what should i do?? and i really like her fam!!!!

by caez on 8/26/2010 7:55:52 PM

When you are talking and she relates the story to her change the topic back to you =]

by dancer8637 on 8/12/2010 4:05:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! My best friend (and my only friend) isn't really acting like my friend. She called me once, to tell me what time I could go to her house and that was it. while I was at her house, she was telling me how her mom wants her to call me a lot more often, and she said that she doesn't want to. I think she thinks that I'm never going to leave her because I haven't changed on her or left her like all of her past friends, but it is really starting to bug me that she is taking that for granted because now she thinks she can treat me however she wants and I'll stil be her friend because I have no other friends. I really like her and I don't want to lose her, but I feel lie she's not really my friend. what can I do? and is there any way I can like test her to see if she really wants to be my friend? thanks a lot!! Smile

I'm so sorry to hear about the friend troubles.  I would talk to her about the way she has been treating you.  Tell her that you care about her, but that when she says stuff like that it really hurts you.  If she is a true friend, she'll be willing to change her ways.  But you deserve to be with people who do want to call you and hang out with you.  Try to reach out to new people, and think about joining an after-school activity to meet new people.  This is a new year, and a great opportunity to make new friends.  Best of luck, xoxo

Marie H.

by colorCute4 on 8/12/2010 3:46:52 PM

HELP PLEASE!! my best friend since the first year of preschool just got appcepted to an advanced school called tag. now she thinks she is so much better then me even though I am smarter then her!! I tell her that I would have gotten in too if I tried out but I didn`t want to which is the truth but she justs rolls her eyes and says "mmmmhhhhmmm" like she doesn`t believe me!! Can someone help me soon!!???? PLZZZ anser on my profile!!! thanks IN ADVANCED!!!

by kpianoplayer on 8/9/2010 6:31:18 PM

MOD!
Okay so my BFF was a down to earth sweet girl...well she used to be. Now she only cares about what other people think about her. She has a new friend that wants me out of the picture. We is like in LOVE with her and she doesn't realize how I feel when she always leaves me for her. We have inside jokes so when she's around her new "friend" and I mention one of our inside jokes, she rolls her eyes at me and looks at me like I'm some pathetic stranger! She knows she's acting all that around people just for attention. Example: she said she don't like JB around her new "friend" and when we were on the phone with our long time super close bff she acted all lovey dovey for JB.

Maybe you could explain to your friend about how you don't like that she acts differently when she's with different people. I would continue to be friends with her if you like her, but you don't always have to stay friends with someone once she's changed. Maybe you could start spending time with some of your other friends that will act the same no matter who's around and appreciate spending time with you.

Vanessa J.

by Cheergrl3100 on 8/7/2010 1:41:56 AM

MOD!My best friends of 9years is dating my ex bf who i totally loved.Now i have a waay better bf who loves me alot but i just cant beilieve she said yes to my ex.i mean im nt jealous or anything but still,it feels like she doesnt care about how i feel.i asked her why she said yes cuz she NEVER liked him infact she hated him.so she said that she likes him a little.and she also said that this time she doesnt care about wat anone thinks and she only cares bout herself in this.she has also got this obsession of 'looking hot'.we're just 13 and she has been acting very slutty.she's changed and broken my trust.wat do i do?..

Girls experience a lot of changes during their teen years, so your friend could just be going through a phase.  Wanting attention from guys seems to be much more important to her than her friends and family.  It can be annoying that she's dating your ex, but don't let it get to you- you have a new BF who sounds great! If your friend is acting out, and you are really concerned about her, talk to her.  Ask her why she said yes to your ex, and why she all of the sudden is acting differently... Talking to her in person is the best way to solve your problems!
Katie R.

by SOInLove on 8/3/2010 9:45:59 AM

MOD!
I have always been the popular girl of my class. Me, and a few other girls. One of them went on vacation for a month, and I heard that she spread a bunch of rumors about me. Over the month, I grew to really dislike her. When she came back, the whole group hated her. She was all alone, and had one friend. When she finally questioned us, we explained how she said things about us. She said she heard that we said stuff about her. We didn't. Then we made up, but didn't hang out. Everyone in class hated her, including my crush. I started to feel bad, and tried to hang with her more, but she was happy with her friends, so I was happy for her. Then one day she started to socialize. With my friends, my crush...and everyone else that said they didnt like her. I went on facebook later that night, and she had updated her account with new pictures with my crush and best friends. Plus, she has been gossiping about me with them. How do I regain myself ?
~Claire $$

Hey Claire, It sounds like this girl really turned on you and is not a true friend. You should reach out to your real friends find out what is going on and leave the fake friend alone.

Paige T.

by chewcharm on 7/23/2010 9:18:39 PM

MOD!!!! wen ever i get in trouble my friend leaves me an puts al the blame on me because shes a goddie goddie and its gettin on my nerves

Hey babe, you need to tell her to cut it out and that you both should take the blame equally.
Brittany B.