Bridget M.

is modding

AN HOUR AGO Easy, pretty holiday hairstyles: All you need are bobby pins: http://t.co/r9VsDstcLU

13 HOURS AGO 3 ways to look adorably preppy this holiday: http://t.co/urNiJo8PPo

16 HOURS AGO 6 new Christmas music videos we can't stop watching: http://t.co/N2g6v5Tq9l

COMMENTS

Meatless Mondays

People go vegetarian for lotsa reasons. Some do it because of animal cruelty, some people do it because of the environmental impacts. What are your thoughts?

I'm veg all day every day. And trust me it's not easy... but it's not as hard as you think. Eating veg itself isn't very hard. The people make it hard though. You will have a lot of arguements with your family and your friends. And I hate hypocrites. Every carnivore would say they love animals yet eat them daily without a thought. That makes me mad. If you are a vegetarian/vegan, you are great! You deserve a high five from everyone you walk by and a free veg meal everywhere you go. But the truth is... the world just ain't like that.

by Monstergirl on 1/26/2012 6:28:50 PM

imma vegetarian all da time

by spunkygirl03 on 4/22/2011 5:10:03 PM

*MOD MOD MOD MOD* I want to be become vegitarian in fact i am commited to becoming vegitarian. But every time i tlak about it my parents say we cant afford "vegitarian" food. What do they mean by that?
XOXOXOX
Panic.

I think you should ask what they mean by not being able to afford it. You can get vegetables and fruits as a part of your diet but other food may be expensive. Just sit them down and talk about it. If you really want to do this lifestyle make them see why you want to. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by emogrl234 on 9/11/2010 11:15:17 PM

Hey, it's violet22, VP of The Book Club.
I'm considering being a vegetarian (for health, ethical, and environmental reasons) but there's a few stumbling blocks. My fam wouldn't be going the veg route and I'll have to cook my own food, I'll be super busy in the fall and won't have much time to cook, I'm worried about what to do when I eat at other people's houses, and I'm iron deficient.
Any vegetarians with advice on why be vegetarian, getting enough protein, iron etc., and anything else please post on my profile. Thanks!
(Ps. while you're there, check out The Book Club. We just started a reading circle but it's not to late to join!)

by violet22 on 8/2/2010 10:00:35 AM

Definitely doing it starting today.

by yellow_mariah on 7/19/2010 12:35:06 PM

wow! great idea!

by AlyssaAbyss on 7/16/2010 10:56:37 AM

I think meatless monday's r a good idea.Im gonna start it's a simple diet.

by abake1 on 7/15/2010 5:09:39 PM

Hey all you vegetarians!!!
im not a vegetarian but i think it would be cool to try it. I like the idea and i think its really cool that all you guys are doing something great for the environment and for the benefit of other living creatures. you guys r awesome giving up something that you may know and love for others, and im too used to meat to become a vegetarian (we are a really polish family if that explains anything) but keep up the good work!

xoxo check out my profile and comment if you like this!!!

by mkroberts96 on 7/9/2010 2:18:29 PM

I'm not a vegeterian, but I have just started doing Meatless Mondays, and I think they're great. They help your diet, and help a lot of other things that have to do with your body Tong

Also, I do it for the animal cruelty reason Tong

by ILoveBuck on 6/25/2010 4:06:36 PM

I am already a vegetarian. I can't stand animal cruelty. Whenever I see meat, I think of a poor, defenseless animal with a human pointing a gun at it. That makes it look not so good.

by spunkygirl03 on 6/14/2010 7:46:53 PM

That's a good idea!! I'm gonna start! On Monday!
*Pamethyst*
Need somethin'?? Comment me on my profile. Thanks!

by pamethyst on 6/11/2010 6:23:10 PM

GO VEGETARIAN!
This is a great idea for people that don't want to go all the way but still want to help the cause (whether for animals, your health, or the environment). I recommend this! I have been vegetarian for over 2 years! Please visit my profile if you have any questions concerning healthy diets or exercise!

by glamgirlteen on 6/3/2010 9:52:39 PM

ummm just to let you know...if you click on the link provided, it will take you to a chinese restaurant menu that talks about all their vegetarian options. the real website is no S. Just sayin.
Marie H.

by hb27412 on 6/3/2010 7:39:02 PM

i think that would b kinda cool 2 join meatless monday. i think i will i like the idea n i t would give me healthy recipes. ill only really need 2 worry about dinner and sometimes lunch

by i_rock_big_socks!!!!! on 6/3/2010 7:28:10 PM

mod! i'm not trying to make my family sound bad, because they're not, but they seem to ignore the fact i'm supposed to be going vegetarian. now, i quit the diet. how can i start again without them ignoring the diet? btw, i'm not good at taking charge. thnx!Smile

Hey girl, I'm sorry it didn't work out how you wanted.  But if you're not good at taking charge, now is a good time to practice!  Approach one of the adults in your house and let them know how you're feeling.  Tell them you want to make this change for yourself, but you would really like some help.  As long as you respect their choices as well, hopefully they will be more willing to work with ya this time.

Marie H.

by happygurl5922 on 6/3/2010 5:44:07 PM

I'm a full vegetarian every day of the week!! and i'm glad that they made this article because being a vegetarian is beneficial for so many reasons
1. You're saving 50 animals a year!
2. You're helping the eco-system
3. it's healthy because these days almost all meat is either fried, has soo much oil and greese, or are drenched in fatty sauce
4.IT HELPS OUT ANIMALS!!(that's why I'm a vegetarian!!)

by koolkangaroo37 on 6/3/2010 2:45:58 PM

yeah, i could do this every monday! seems pretty easy. just eat salads and soups and such Smile thanks for the idea!

comment on my profile! i give advice on everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smile have a super duper summer!!!!

by narnianpirate on 6/3/2010 2:16:50 PM

that's a really good idea. i thought about going vegitarian once but i decided i liked the taste of meat too much. but i could live for one day

by jlenna on 6/3/2010 12:35:38 PM

I couldn't live without meat, and it wouldn't go over to well in my house Smile Even our vegetables taste like bacon Smile

by yellowducky2713 on 6/3/2010 12:07:01 PM

Ever heard of the Amazon rainforest? Yeah, well, not for long. Every year an area the size of SWITZERLAND is destroyed to make room for pastures for cattle. And then where do those cattle go? Straight to your burger. Think about it next time you get a McDonalds craving.

by Chic chick on 6/3/2010 10:55:47 AM

well i am a flexitarian....
no meat unless its polite.
i like it.

by iheartpeas on 6/3/2010 10:54:06 AM

Being a cattle rancher and LOVING fresh steak, and brisket, and hamburgers, and well all that stuff. It's hard for me to understand how ANYONE could go even ONE DAY without the delicious taste of protein packed meat! I can see that some people are born lacking the tastebuds that allow you to enjoy it(lol). But, just cold out quitting because of the envirment? There are animals on this planet for a reason! And although I don't agree with overstocked " ranches" that leave cattle no room, ineffiecent food, some even stowing away bovine in a crudely built stall, SOME PLACES ARENT LIKE THAT. smaller ranches have thousands of acres with less cattle on the land than needed, and are fed a nutrious "cattle cake" which supplys all the nutrients needed. That's the kind of ranch we run, and why I feel so blessed to be able to know that the hamburer is hormone and chemical free, and a well fed cow/steer. I wish that everyone didn't have to bear the "chemicals" in most market meat. I TRULY appreciate the lives that the cattle gave to fill my body and allow me to live a healthy life.

by Britni on 6/3/2010 9:50:08 AM

Hey girlies Smile

Do you LOVE Twilight, either the books, movies, or both?!

Then join the Official Twilight Club!

All you have to do is post on this profile to join!

This club has quizzes, blogs, info, quotes and much much more!

You can make friends who love Twilight as much as you do!!

Just post to join.... It's just that easy! Smile xoxoxoxoxo

~magaliciousd, club prez
~Peace, Love, Twilight! Smile

by Official Twilight Club on 6/3/2010 9:46:32 AM

ATTENTION ALL GL GIRLS LOOKING TO GET HEALTHIER!! ENTER THE CONTEST ON MY PROFILE!! IT WILL DEFINITELY GET U BIKINI READY AND MOTIVATED FOR THE SUMMER!!
DEETS ON MY PRO!

by swim_chick101 on 6/2/2010 11:31:07 PM

i could never be a vegetarian :/ hahaha

hey girls! I give advice on just about anything! I'm really experienced in being an advice giver and help you get out of even the toughest sitch! so post a comment on my profile and I'll be happy to help ya Smile

ATTENTION DANCERS: if you need any advice on dance or anything related to it, (all kinds even pointe) then im happy to answer your questions! post a comment on my profile Smile

by summerlover0116 on 6/2/2010 9:42:58 PM

GO VEG! CHECK OUT PETAKIDS.COM!

by 4fact on 6/2/2010 8:23:17 PM

HEY GIRLS
COME TO MY PROFILE FOR HEARTFELT ADVICE GIVEN IN 1-2 DAYS.

by purplegirlae on 6/2/2010 8:21:46 PM

check out my profile!
peace out

by runapple on 6/2/2010 8:10:15 PM

im kindaa liking this ideaa but my dayy probblyy wont be mondayy. it'll be inconsistent most likely. i hate the whole animal crueltyy thing and all, butt i knoww tht meat cant just be kicked outta my diet...

by beastiez on 6/2/2010 7:49:20 PM

I have been vegetarian (without fish, as well) for six years. Go veg! (:

by actress456 on 6/2/2010 6:45:03 PM

I was going through the coments and there are a lot of vegetarians out there I got meatless on Thursday because of religion it has its drawbacks but its definatly worth it!!!!My Grandma and dad are diabetic so our house is health food central we hav organic chips and stuff!!!!<3

by crzysmiles on 6/2/2010 6:44:40 PM

My mom has home schooled me my whole life up until now, (I’m currently in seventh grade) and she’s never really taught me the “complete” math fundamentals. At the moment, I’m taking online classes for the seventh and eighth grade, and I’m going to attend high school next year. At this point, I don’t understand anything in math. I’m guessing this is primarily because I’ve never entirely understood the multiplication, division, etc. But frankly, it’s depressing me to no end and my teachers can only help me so much. I don’t have anyone to tutor me right now given that my mom recently gave birth to twins and both her and my dad are always busy taking care of them. I’m worried because if I keep passing on D’s I’m going to fail high school. Help?!

Hey babe! Try going to your local middle or elementary school and seeking a teacher there, or try googling basic math help tools to help you for next year!
Megan R.

by melodi♥ on 6/2/2010 6:36:16 PM

i've been a vegetarian since the second i was born. its not that hard, but i guess it would be if you were already used to eating meats and stuff daily. i'm not vegan tho, i still eat eggs and drink milk so i still get protien and everything! Smile Comment on my profile!! SmileSmileSmile
~OrchDork123

by OrchDork123 on 6/2/2010 6:30:59 PM

im veggitarian!

by lipsmackergal5 on 6/2/2010 6:21:15 PM

I've been a vegetarian for about 5 years now. I just think meat is gross.

by SBCreations on 6/2/2010 6:03:42 PM

I went vegitarian last year, about a month ago. My family -my mom and dad- are vegitarians also. Some people dont realize there is a lot you can et, not just veggies. Since I've been a vegitarian I have barley been sick, when I used to get sick like every month, and I feel a lot healthier.
--LOREN--

by twinz-4ever on 6/2/2010 5:19:30 PM

im completly veg cos i think that the way they kill animals is cruel, and i dont want an animal to have to die just so that i can eat ... if yu want to kno some yummy veg recipes, post a comment on my profile asking for one and ill try to respond asap .... or if yu want some advice on going vegetarian (or vegan) yu can ask me for that too Smile

by cherry_ice_pop! on 6/2/2010 5:11:43 PM

I'm actually a full time vegetarian. I never really thought about the good effects it has on the environment though; I always just ate too much meat and got sick a lot.

I'm not gonna lie, vegetables are great though! My mom grills veggie burgers, aspearugus and zuchinni whenever my family makes meat burgers. You guys should try it!!

by omg iits magz on 6/2/2010 5:04:49 PM

I'm 13, and have been vegetarian for going on 3 years. It was the best decision I've at the moment. I hate it how people freak out and over react about it, or just flat out say they could never be vegetarian. I use to say that, but look at me now. Just try it. It will be difficult, but its truly worth it.

by purplegirl5218 on 6/2/2010 5:01:24 PM

OMG!! Sounds like a great idea! I willtry to try it!!

by mbh1997 on 6/2/2010 5:01:17 PM

I'm a vegitarion, and not for any of the reasons listed, i just don't like meat. Any meat. I've beed that was since i was a baby it dosn' affect me at all i get enough proten with different legumes, peanut butter, even cheese, i love tofu too you can get it in soo many things now i jst bit a box i ice cream sandwiches with tofu in them the were delish!!!! I ♥ b-in a vegitarian!!

by dramaqueenie1487 on 6/2/2010 4:46:51 PM

if u wnt sum great workout inspirations check out my profile....
nd im looking for a motivator too, so check out my profile Smile

by dina22464 on 6/2/2010 4:19:57 PM

Thats such a cute idea! Smile
I might try this!

by malgal22 on 6/2/2010 2:10:10 PM

Hey everyone!!!! Have a problem or a tough sitch? Lucky for you I give advice!!! Just comment your problem on my profile, and I will comment my advice on yours as soon as possible!! And if you don't need advice, you can come to my profile anyways!!

by soccer28q on 6/2/2010 1:51:33 PM

brilliant !!

by haneen.pop.princess on 6/2/2010 1:50:05 PM

My mom's mom and dad were vegetarian on Tuesday's and Thursday's & when they died my Mom, her brother and her two sisters copied the tradition. They're families did too. Now that I'm older I have started to do it to. my brother is 9 and he is meat-crazy so I doubt he will start it anytime soon. Maybe when he's my age (13) he might try it too. We also don't eat eggs on Tuesday or Thursday.

My old tradition is I don't eat sugar on Mon. Tues. Wed. Fri, because I have dance on Tuesday's and Fridays, horse riding on Wednesday and Kickboxing on Thursdays. I'm also a diabetic so sugar is out on my diet anyways.

I love my parents traditions!!

by naturallycool on 6/2/2010 11:50:22 AM