AN HOUR AGO Tone up #tabata style: http://t.co/lOFXLmg7ew

2 HOURS AGO Pretty up with the 20 best nail polish picks of all time: http://t.co/1GctxLQSKw

2 HOURS AGO Calling all career cuties! Snag internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! RSVP right here: http://t.co/jo2w2Undss

COMMENTS

I need a modest bathing suit!

Check out the season's best suits that offer a li'l extra coverup

MOD
Lauren c. and Alyssa b. Thanks so much! I have asked the question before but you guys gave me the best answer!

Aw, no prob, girl!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by <3beauty123 on 6/13/2010 7:18:23 PM

MOD
Thanks so much! (the one about shaving my legs) I'm 12, it's long and dark, I shave under my arms, and I've been thinking about doing it like b4 I jump in the shower. I think the odds are with me. Thanks again!

Hey girl, no prob. Be sure to use shaving cream though to avoid razor bumps!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by <3beauty123 on 6/13/2010 5:07:28 PM

MOD
Thanks a bunch! Did my other question go through or should I post it again?

Nope, we got it Smile We'll answer it soon!

Lauren C.

by <3beauty123 on 6/13/2010 4:58:05 PM

MOD
Do you think I could just trim it really short and make it unnoticable? How often do you have to shave it?

Hey again,

If you aren't comfortable with the idea of shaving it, then trimming it short is a great option.  Try it and see how it makes you feel!  It'll always grow back if you don't like it.  And everyone's different {because our hair grows back at different rates}, but I'd say you could expect to shave probably every 3 days or so.

Lauren C.

by <3beauty123 on 6/13/2010 4:53:51 PM

MOD
1 I REALLY want to shave my legs and just can't find the right words or time to bring it up. The thing is I think she would let me.
2 How old were you when you shaved and why?
3 What exactly do you need the first time?

1. There's no "right" time to bring it up, so try asking one day when you're going off to take a shower.  Just mention it off-hand, like "Oh, by the way, my hair on my legs has been getting kind of annoying lately.  Would you mind if I shaved it off?"  If you treat it casually and maturely, there's no reason for anyone to say no Smile

2. I actually can't remember when I first shaved - probably when I was 11 or 12.  I shaved because I have dark hair and it was becoming really noticeable!

3. You need a razor {make sure it's new and no one else has used it!} and shave gel or soap.  You could also grab a body lotion too, to moisturize and soothe the skin afterwards!

Lauren C.

by <3beauty123 on 6/13/2010 4:50:56 PM

THIS IS THE 3RD TIME I AM POSTING THIS! I NEED HELP! I AM IN SWIM CLASSES AND 'HAIR' STICKS OUT. WHAT CAN I DO TO PREVENT THIS?

Hey girlie,

If it makes you self-conscious, try trimming the hair to make it less noticeable.  If you really want to get rid of it, try trimming it down so it's short, then lather up the edge with shave gel and shave away the parts that are sticking out.  You'll have to keep up with the shaving, but you won't have to worry about it anymore!

Lauren C.

by <3beauty123 on 6/13/2010 4:40:37 PM

mod
at summer camp, i'll be away from my fam so i'll be allowed to get whatever snacks i want. how do you resist the snacks?

Hey babe,

This will be a great lesson for you - how to resist temptation when your parents aren't there to help you and, worse, when everyone around you is pigging out!  The best thing to do is to limit yourself.  Say that you'll only let yourself have TWO snacks in addition to your meals {or something like that, depending on what's practical for your diet}.  Then, stick to it.  That will make you "budget" your junk food and help you think twice before you munch.

Lauren C.

by happygurl5922 on 6/13/2010 4:08:49 PM

mod, I have rather large thighs. I play basketball a ton and still my thighs are big how do I slim them down??

Hey girl, if you play a sport especially one that require leg strength then this is a risk you run. I ran track and field and I have the same issue my thighs were on the larger side because I was really muscular. But in general good thigh exercises are lunges and squats.

Paige T.

I have:
ADVICE ADVICE ADVICE!
and
FUN FUN FUN!

For you math girlies:
you+me= good

come to my profile and I can answer any questions you have from summer fun to BFFs to tough stuff to periods I can answer anything!

by Olivia T. on 6/12/2010 10:27:27 PM

MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ: Heyyyy chicas!!! meet ME. i've been on GL for as long as i can remember, i give great adive.... boy clothes friends ...You name it! im funny sesitive and care about you! if you need help dont be shy... come out and ask your question. i check my profile everyday so no waiting.The answer to your question will be found on my profile... im also up 4 chats! TTYL XOXOXOXOXOX LUV YA!

by lolandpeace987 on 6/12/2010 2:10:14 PM