12 HOURS AGO #QUIZ: Where will you meet your next crush?

14 HOURS AGO Going #BlackFriday shopping tonight/tomorrow? This will help:

16 HOURS AGO Check out GL's #TurkeyDay playlist:

Boost Your Workout!

Is your workout getting stale? Make it more of a challenge by following our tips. Switching it up can give you faster results and a sunnier outlook!

MOD MOD MOD My parents think I'm tiny and skinny but I'm not. to be honest I think it's my posture that makes me look thinner, but I tried that "look-in-the-mirror-and-pick-out-your-best-bit" thing but it's made me really annoyed at my thighs and my belly. there's fat there and no where else on my body, how can I get rid of that? I'm prepared to diet and exercise-I'll do anything. But I can't make it massively obvious or my parents will think I'm trying to go annorexic (I'm not-I'm really not) thanks MOD!

Hey girl do you exercise? Start exercising and it should help alot! Also try to stay away from drinking and eating junk food snacks like doritos! But also remember sometimes we get annoyed and obsessed with parts we think are 'fat' but are totally not!!

Lindsay S.

by blondebananas on 10/11/2010 3:29:48 PM

i love to workout but i am in sixth grade and i have a ton of homework and my neightborhood isn't the safest. what do u suggest???

by la3198888 on 9/9/2010 6:59:08 PM

I really want to go running more, but my neighborhood is absolutly terrible for it. In the two mile radius from my house is just a bunch of busy streets, driveways, hobos, gas stations, and cars. I have tried running around my neighborhood, but I spend half the time waiting for cars and I just feel super uncomfertable with all the hobos and other people watching. It seems like the only way for me to run is to get on my bike and ride three miles to some bikepath or something. What can I do?

One of the most important things you have to think about when you go running is where you'll be running and whether or not it will be safe. Where you live doesn't sound like the best place to run. Maybe you could go to a bikepath or park (if you think riding your bike there would be safe) - you could bring a friend. Or, if one of your friends lives in an area that's a better running environment, you could run with her at her house. You could also try doing exercises and things at home when you can or running up and down your stairs, if you have stairs that aren't too steep that would work for that kind of thing. Maybe you could talk to your parents about getting a family gym membership. Good luck!

Vanessa J.

by moon on 8/28/2010 11:38:03 AM

Plz give me some workout ideas! I need as many as possible! I wanna burn as much fat as I can before school! I NEVER liked the way I looked! And i dont think i ever will. People tell me Im hard on my self. And maybe I am. But i wanna be skinny! I really dont like my gut! PLZZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girlie, there are a ton of options: yoga, rollerblading, running, biking, dancing, kickboxing, swimming. Think about you are interested in and what you can have fun doing. Girls life has a lot of other suggestions check it out It don't matter how much you change you still have to work on loving yourself. Know that you are beautiful the way you are and just work on leading a healthy lifestyle.

Paige T.

by volpe22 on 8/27/2010 9:15:48 PM

Hey, gals! MOD's not answering your questions? Do you need urgent advice? Do you not know about a particular subject? Then come to my profile! I can answer all of your questions! I specialize in:

Middle School
Stranger Danger
And Much More!

Just ask me on my profile, and if you need the answer in the next 10-15 minutes (please specify), then put *****JESSICA***** at the top, and I'll answer it as soon as I can on your profile. I can answer every question in less than 5 hours, guaranteed. No question is dumb! Come visit my profile today! You won't be disappointed! Smile

by Jgard224 on 8/10/2010 4:02:48 PM

I am not over weight at all, but for some reason a little bit of skin always poofs at my stomach. Its not flabby or anything, but I cant get rid of it, no matter exercises I do. Any suggestions?

Hey, Girl!
Sorry for the “stock” message. We’re psyched you’re here but since this is a
super busy time, mods aren’t able to answer personal advice or contest
questions. We’re approving your comments now so the girls can start offering
feedback right away! If you still have questions, please come back, we’re happy
to help…or just let the other chicas answer now! (They give awesome advice,
trust us!) Love and thanks!
, Your Blog Patrol Babes

Trish M.

by pce_lurve_kraken on 8/9/2010 10:26:08 AM

I need good workout tips to strengthen my core any tips?Smile

I would do a routine that works out different parts of your body: running, weight lifting, and maybe sports if you have friends to play sports with. Keep a workout schedule and write down when you work out to be sure you stick to your plan!

Vanessa J.

by Lo1319 on 8/5/2010 2:56:02 PM

SmileI need a workout to help flatten my stomach Smile

by Lo1319 on 8/5/2010 2:53:15 PM

I want an exercise that will make my arms stronger! I would really appreciate it if you answered back! thanks MODS!Smile

Hey girl, I recommend bicep curls and push-ups...they don't work all of the muscles in your arms but they do work the 2 most noticeable ones.  For more, get to a gym or find some dumbbells (or even heavy books!) to lift.  Experiment with ways to work certain muscles by noticing what part of your arm hurts when you lift them.  Try to work as many muscles as possible.

Brittany B.

by sydjon on 7/29/2010 9:35:36 AM

I really want to get thinner but I live in the UAE and it;s extremely hot I can't go to the Grocery Store. I need something to do at home, and preferably in my room. i don't care how much time it takes. By the way, about the food, your articles rock! Thanks for your help!!

Hey girl, maybe you could try out some exercises at home! Here's some you could try: Also check out others on the Health/Fitness section. Also eat healthy foods from what you have at home!

Vanessa J.

by Cresent on 7/27/2010 12:34:24 PM

Always running out the door in the morning? Take the extra millisecond to put both backpack straps on your shoulders to prevent back injuries down the line.
What do you wear on your lips?

A dog’s mouth is cleaner than a human’s.

Dazzle this season with decorations from Duck Tape!