1 HOURS AGO Need a style upgrade? Enter to win a pair of @mirabellagirl slouchies for your UGG boots: http://t.co/ggzprnMsbF

2 HOURS AGO Now even shy girls van get their flirt on: http://t.co/UCVNh5a7Wx

3 HOURS AGO PAUSE— am I the only one freaking out about the new #Cinderella trailer?! Squeee: http://t.co/F0x94XxZbE

COMMENTS

Gotta survive summer school? Here's how!

I failed two classes and I have to go to summer school! This is going to ruin my whole summer. My mom said...

MODERATOR!!!!!!!!!!! Hi! How are you? I'm going to a volunteer camp for the next two weeks. I don't know any one who's going. I'm probably the only one who went to an out of district school last school year. Plus, I'm going to an in district school next school year. What should I do? How do get some friends?? I'm very VERY shy! What can I do to not let people think I'm a freak? Thank you and God Bless!

You're lucky that I'm the Mod answering this question because I'm very shy too!  But I've learned that since I've had so many jobs and in a lot of clubs, it's a lot easier to meet friends that way.  You'll have certain things that you have to talk about and do together, so you won't need to come up with as much small talk and you spend way more time together than someone you normally meet.  Have fun this summer and I'm sure you'll already have made a bunch of friends by the time you go to your new school!

Brittany B.

by iloverocknroll on 6/17/2010 3:36:18 PM

My school doesn't have summer school as far as I know. Hope everything works out for ya!!!

by actress456 on 6/17/2010 3:23:08 PM

ATTENTION ALL GIRLS READING THIS!

if ur reading this girl talk column, u obviously care about advice. visit my profile, post me a question(if its super important, put ***** at the top) and ill answer in 2 days(max), guaranteed. if ur profile isn't publicly visible, i'll answer ur questions on MY profile(NOW WITH 2000 PLUS COMMENTS!!!). thanks! pass it on to ur friends!

~aspiring advice columnist, Lauren

by soccergirl524 on 6/17/2010 3:06:33 PM

Mod k so i sent a reallllllly long Mod comment under "periods,period-feeling queezy?" about hypoglypcemia like a month ago and it still is not answered and i really want it to be answered and i really don't want to type it all out again and i don't remember much of what i wrote. Thanks

Hey girl!  I'm sorry, I looked through that article and couldn't find the comment.  This article:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/04/20/health-hypoglycemia.aspx has info about hypoglycemia.  It's also something you can talk over with your doc or a health teacher!

Marie H.

by cdcd39 on 6/17/2010 2:49:40 PM

MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD* This saturday is the tombstone unveiling of my uncle(I never met him before he passed away). I'm really nervous because this is on my father's side of the family and he's never been involved in my life much. I stopped talking to my dad last year because it hurts talking to him and I try to avoid communicating with my dad's side of the family.I feel like an outsider even though my dad's family tries to involve me. I chose to not talk to him or see him because he kept breaking promises to me and never made an effort to see me. How do I break the tension and how do I explain to my dad why I don't talk to him anymore? I'm really sorry this is long, I just had to get that off my chest! Thank you!! Smile

Hey girl, It's great that you are making an effort to reach out and communicate.  Thankfully, the focus of this event will be your uncle, and I'm sure the family will just appreciate you being there.  I would let the person that is taking you know about your concerns if they don't already, so they can help you break the tension and feel more comfortable.  As far as talking to your dad, it might be best to talk with someone who knows him (like your mom) about the best way to approach him.  But whatever you do, be proud of yourself for making the effort - I am sure your dad will appreciate it, too.  xoxo

Marie H.

by Rato09 on 6/17/2010 2:43:26 PM

That suckss.. where I live they don't have summer school.

by [Music.Obsessed.13] on 6/17/2010 2:24:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hey girlie!i couldnt find my ?,so i decided to try it againSmile.Are there any uppbeat happy non rappishhhh summery songs that u like?Thanks in advance!

Hmm that's weird.  But I'm a huge fan of the Black Eyed Peas.  And I think the perf summer song is Fly by Sugar Ray.  Soo good! XOXO
Fallon M.

by friendsrforever on 6/17/2010 2:17:15 PM

omg dat sucks!but u could try to go to a summer program dat u dont have to go away to.

by sassy08 on 6/17/2010 2:10:19 PM

ugh a bunch of my friends has to go to summer school, and i dont have any one to talk to. eh

by j4zm09 on 6/17/2010 12:57:48 PM

ATTENTION ALL GIRLS. DO YOU NEED ADVICE ASAP?
well search no longer because u can ask me almost any question and ill reply the next day at the LATEST so go ahead! post a question!

by sassykitty60 on 6/17/2010 12:36:33 PM