7 HOURS AGO You want dermatologist-approved skin—here's how to get it at home: http://t.co/QnHOyrxeqe

10 HOURS AGO Are good things comin' your way? Check your #horoscope to see: http://t.co/X0oqJA2AV2

11 HOURS AGO Betcha didn't know flaxseed could do this: http://t.co/BVSiatO8sk

COMMENTS

Gotta survive summer school? Here's how!

I failed two classes and I have to go to summer school! This is going to ruin my whole summer. My mom said...

I had 2 go 2!!! I failed Math!!! Frown My friends were laughiung at me when i told them but i always kept my head high. Actually 2 of my friends didnt laught they were actually really supportive. I was the smartest at summer skool!! 1 guy was normal and i develpoed a crush on him and he developed a crush on me,. It was like summer luv!! My friend Emily was also there but 4 robotics but i did get 2 hang out with her at recess.
Vanessa J.

by vballislife on 7/24/2010 10:55:10 AM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.
4. Paste this to 4 other quizzes. If you do this, your crush will kiss you on the nearest Friday, but if you read this and do not paste this, then you will have very bad luck! SEND THIS TO 5 QUIZZES IN 143 MINUTES. WHEN YOU'RE DONE PRESS F6 AND YOUR CRUSH'S NAME WILL APPEAR IN BIG LETTERS ON THE SCREEN

by Arielsabina on 7/19/2010 1:45:36 PM

MOD ! MOD ! MOD ! MOD ! I just want to thank all of the mod's so much for being great advice givers. You reply so fast and your answers are put to good use. Keep up the good work! I always know where to come when I need advice on ANYTIHNG! Luv ya!! <3 THANK YOU SO MUCH THANK YOU SO MUCH THANK YOU SO MUCH

Wow, you are so sweet!  You are so welcome.  We love to help all of you fabulous chicas!

Marie H.

by emmiecandy on 7/15/2010 4:44:29 PM

mod mod mod when i go to college i want to majour in graphic design although i know nothing at it do u thik its ok if i want to majour in something i am not gd at because i am kinda hoping i would learn in college
but i dont know how to draw do u think its acceptable

Go for it!  College is for picking something you like and learning about it.  You will probably need SOME experience and talents before you dive though.  But your school art classes and programs will give you enough background knowledge.
Brittany B.

by zubaida on 7/15/2010 2:42:39 AM

MOD ! MOD ! MOD ! MOD ! MOD ! MOD ! MOD ! MOD ! MOD !
What are some good ways to relieve stress (caused by school?) Thanks so much! <3
---3m---

Hey girl! Try deep breathing and yoga poses! Listen to some relaxing music and treat yourself to a long hot shower!
Megan R.

by emmiecandy on 7/14/2010 6:18:02 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD
ok, so theres this guy at school, and he was new last year, but hes reeaally popular, and i really like him. i sat by him in one of our classes, and i flirted with him all the time and he would flirt back and i was sure he was gonna ask me out, but then he asked another girl out on a date and that really confused me because i though he liked me but i want to show him i like him without feeling like a fool if he just wants to be friends.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Smile
thanks!

Make sure the next time you see him, you talk to him. Don't be nervous, you got it! Making him feel comfortable around you is the first step towards success.  If he feels like he can talk to you, and trust you... you're golden! One date with another girl doesn't mean anything... go for it!
Katie R.

by malibu96 on 7/9/2010 4:28:43 PM

NEED ADVICE?
GOT A QUESTION THAT IS HARD TO ASK A MOD?
MODS NEVER ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS?
ALWAYS GETTING A MESSAGE SAYING MODS ARE BUSY?

Well, not to worry!!!! THERE'S A NEW CLUB AND IT'S CALLED...

MODS CLUB!!!

CHECK IT OUT AND APPLY TO BE A MOD!!! WE'RE NOT MODDING UNTIL WE GET AT LEAST 10 MODS!!! SO WE NEED A COUPLE MORE PEOPLE... AND ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE CAN BE YOU!!! JUST ASK TO BE A MOD ON THE PROFILE MODS CLUB!!!

If you ever need advice... WHO YOU GONNA CALL???

mOdS cLuB!!!

Prez- iluvwaffles
VP- Cupcake1999

Thanks!
Pamethyst

by Pamethyst on 6/24/2010 12:08:17 AM

Hey girl, sorry, but we aren't allowed to have girls giving out e-mail/Facebook/phone numbers on the site. If you're looking for friends from GL, chat through GL profiles or get a pen pal through the site.
Vanessa J.

by graciezzz on 6/22/2010 2:05:12 PM

hey girls! do YOU advice ASAP?
well search no longer because ill reply to ur problem the next day at the LATEST. so go ahead! post a question!

by sassykitty60 on 6/22/2010 12:36:11 PM

ATTENTION ALL GIRLS READING THIS!

if ur reading this girl talk column, u obviously care about advice. visit my profile, post me a question(if its super important, put ***** at the top) and ill answer in 2 days(max), guaranteed. if ur profile isn't publicly visible, i'll answer ur questions on MY profile(NOW WITH 2000 PLUS COMMENTS!!!). thanks! pass it on to ur friends!

~aspiring advice columnist, Lauren

by soccergirl524 on 6/22/2010 11:21:36 AM

i go to private school now. i am sick and tired of not being able to wear makeup, nail polish, and regular clothes. may sister is going to go to a public middle school next year because the kids in her grade aren't including her. i think i might wanna go 2. but i cant decide. hellppppp!!!!!!! girls can help 2!!!!!

Hey chicky,

It's important to talk to your parents with help regarding this situation.  I think you need to be really unhappy at your current school to consider switching, because this is a big decision.  If you like your school, but hate the rules there, send around a petition for your classmates to sign to see if you can change anything about the current sitch.
Fallon M.

by rileykb on 6/22/2010 11:05:42 AM

MOD
i live in one of the nicest and safest areas in my city. the 1st school i went to was in this neighbourhood so it was all kids in the area who were used to it. but in grade 6 (i'm almost done gr. 7 now) i moved schools to go to a gifted program at another school. a lot of kids all around the city come to this school. thing is most of them live in areas that are still safe enough but not as nice as mine. so when i go over to my new friend's houses' i tend to say things like- "where the heck are we?" "am i going to get shot?" as we're on the bus going there which i think probably offends them. also i get a little scared that i'm going to get robbed or something. how can i avoid this?

Hey girl, I wouldn't worry about it so much. Unless it's noticeably a horrible neighborhood I wouldn't think you're going to get shot. But if you feel really uncomfortable I maybe you should reconsider visiting them. If you think of something like that while you're with your friends just keep it to yourself so you don't think you hurt your friends feelings. =] it's okay.
Lauren R.

by kgirlpanda on 6/21/2010 5:55:36 PM

say ur name 10 times
say ur moms name 5 times
say ur crushes name 3 times
now post this on 4 other spots
if you do this your crush will kiss you on the nearest Friday

by soccerchic#63 on 6/21/2010 1:29:07 PM

hey girls! do YOU advice ASAP?

by sassykitty60 on 6/20/2010 3:53:01 PM

ATTENTION ALL GIRLS READING THIS!

~aspiring advice columnist, Lauren

by soccergirl524 on 6/20/2010 2:32:18 PM

I'm so sorry.It was probably the teachers fault.Smilebest wishes 4 eva!!!

by dancinteen on 6/19/2010 7:41:19 PM

Girl's don't worry about summer school there are so many good things that come out of going to summer school. Like now you won't have to go to summer school next year because you will be caught up.So don't bug out about it.

by tpuppies on 6/19/2010 7:37:19 PM

if they r really ur friends they wont judge u 4 having to go to summer school. i had to go once and it wasnt that bad it helped a lot now im in a lot of advanced classes

by iloveedward523 on 6/19/2010 3:56:20 PM

awww I am sorry girl! I am stuck in summer school too. The sad thing is is that I am in it cus I signed MYSELF up. I wanted to get ahead for next year and I have regretted it ever since!

by Pinkdramaqueen<3 on 6/18/2010 10:17:22 PM

hey girls! I give advice on just about anything! I'm really experienced in being an advice giver and help you get out of even the toughest sitch! so post a comment on my profile and I'll be happy to help ya Smile

ATTENTION DANCERS: if you need any advice on dance or anything related to it, (all kinds even pointe) then im happy to answer your questions! post a comment on my profile Smile

by summerlover0116 on 6/18/2010 7:01:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaassseeee help! My guy friend(that I used to like) likes me. Mainly because my friend told him I liked him, but she told him a little bit too late. So now he thinks hes in love and he broadcasts it over facebook with my name and everything! I dont like him that way!!! How can I drop the hint that i DONT like him?!

Hey! If he's making his feelings Facebook Official, hint dropping time is over, and you need to talk to him. Explain nicely that while you're flattered, since you don't feel the same way you'd rather he not talk about you that way. At least get him to stop using your name. Hope that helps!

Helen S.

by bearcats2010 on 6/18/2010 1:57:59 PM

HEY GURLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! its elena, an aspiring model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 if you need advice on anything fashion or you need beauty secrets, come to my page and you wont be disapointedd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so if you need advice, don't think twcie!!1 come to my profile!!!!!!!!!!1

by elena!! on 6/18/2010 12:44:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!! Okay, so I'm dating this guy named Ryan and he's super sweet! He respects me, talks to me, and is polite. He's SO quiet at school, and is known as a nobody. I see him soo much more than that. People have walked up to me and said "Wow, didn't know Ryan would ever get a girlfriend! No one even talks to him! The teachers don't even remember him! It's soo nice you said yes!" And I like him, and to other people it sounds like I did charity work. I didn't! I like him! Also, he's coming over to meet my parents, and theres one little problem. His lip is pierced. He has blonde hair with brown hilights, and he told me he'll dress up nice and wear a polo and jeans but my parents are going to notice his lip ring and think he's a bad guy! He's not! What do I do??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hey girl, That's great you've seen past other people's judgments to meet a super-awesome guy.  I would forewarn your parents ahead of time.  Remind them of all the reasons he's great, beyond his appearance.  Hopefully, the will be as open-minded as you are!  It sounds like he's making an effort to start off with a good first impresson.

Marie H.

by Sky11 on 6/17/2010 8:06:09 PM

MOD to of my bffs are stuck in summer school its not like i don't have other bffs caue i do but the classes r for 1 hour for a month and im goin to miss them how should we still stay in touch even though they have school and i don't i was planning on seeing them more this summer than other summers plx help thx a million Smile

Hey girl, that's a bummer your friends will be stuck inside school!  If you do have time that you can hang together, make the most of it.  Make a list of the adventures you guys want to have, and use your limited hang-out time to tackle them (or just chill!).  And since you don't have to be in school, fill your time with fun hobbies just for you.

Marie H.

by coly33 on 6/17/2010 7:24:54 PM

thats mean "bad" kids my friends got stuck in summer school there not 'bad" kids and that dosen't make u dumb

by coly33 on 6/17/2010 7:21:06 PM

If you like to answer advice keep reading...

So I'm 13, and I cant date til I'm 16...all my friends have boyfriends and stuff and I have crushes but I dont want to flirt because what if they ask me out! What would I say?
I dont want to be snotty but lots of guys like me and I really want a boyfriend. My mom told me that I can have a boyfriend and kiss\hug and all that stuff but no dating alone. What does she mean? And what could I do??? How do I tell a guy I can date but its limited..
I'm sick of being nervous to talk to guys and flirt and stuff...I feel like I cant completely open myself up to guys and make guy friends because I'm scared of what could happen! HelP!
PLEASE POST ANSWER TO MY PROFILE!!!

by Dramasistah23 on 6/17/2010 6:58:28 PM

IS ANYONE DOING THE BLUSH CONTEST!>>>>> IF SOO TELLL ME!!
I AM !!!
R U SINGING AND DANCING? where r u performing it at??

by mandy1734 on 6/17/2010 6:15:38 PM

MOD Do you have any recommendations for good,upbeat songs? I like songs like Uncle Kracker's "Smile". Thanks for your time! Smile

Hey girl, I'm mostly into pop music myself, so my fave upbeat songs are "Unwritten" by Natasha Beddingfied, "My Hallelujah Song" by Julianna Hough, and "With You" by Jessica Simpson.

Does anyone have suggestions for positve songs, similar to Uncle Kracker??

Marie H.

by cg1304 on 6/17/2010 5:41:37 PM

i have never failed a class but at my school I just go to summer school for fun

by creativekid123 on 6/17/2010 4:38:21 PM

MODERATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to go to a new school next year. I won't know anybody, but I want to know how to make frineds, I just don't know how, because I'm shy. More shy than any other of my friends... PLease Help!

Hey girl, It's totally understandable to be a little shy!  Going to a new school will be great practice to being more outgoing and confident.  Challenge yourself to speak up a little more - say hi to someone friendly in class, and ask a group if you can join their lunch table.  Joining after-school activities will be a great way to meet people, too.  Take baby steps, and be proud of yourself for every effort. xoxo

Marie H.

by athens4ever on 6/17/2010 4:16:13 PM

MODERATOR!!!!!!!!!!! Hi! How are you? I'm going to a volunteer camp for the next two weeks. I don't know any one who's going. I'm probably the only one who went to an out of district school last school year. Plus, I'm going to an in district school next school year. What should I do? How do get some friends?? I'm very VERY shy! What can I do to not let people think I'm a freak? Thank you and God Bless!

You're lucky that I'm the Mod answering this question because I'm very shy too!  But I've learned that since I've had so many jobs and in a lot of clubs, it's a lot easier to meet friends that way.  You'll have certain things that you have to talk about and do together, so you won't need to come up with as much small talk and you spend way more time together than someone you normally meet.  Have fun this summer and I'm sure you'll already have made a bunch of friends by the time you go to your new school!

Brittany B.

by iloverocknroll on 6/17/2010 3:36:18 PM

My school doesn't have summer school as far as I know. Hope everything works out for ya!!!

by actress456 on 6/17/2010 3:23:08 PM

ATTENTION ALL GIRLS READING THIS!

~aspiring advice columnist, Lauren

by soccergirl524 on 6/17/2010 3:06:33 PM

Mod k so i sent a reallllllly long Mod comment under "periods,period-feeling queezy?" about hypoglypcemia like a month ago and it still is not answered and i really want it to be answered and i really don't want to type it all out again and i don't remember much of what i wrote. Thanks

Hey girl!  I'm sorry, I looked through that article and couldn't find the comment.  This article:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/04/20/health-hypoglycemia.aspx has info about hypoglycemia.  It's also something you can talk over with your doc or a health teacher!

Marie H.

by cdcd39 on 6/17/2010 2:49:40 PM

MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD* This saturday is the tombstone unveiling of my uncle(I never met him before he passed away). I'm really nervous because this is on my father's side of the family and he's never been involved in my life much. I stopped talking to my dad last year because it hurts talking to him and I try to avoid communicating with my dad's side of the family.I feel like an outsider even though my dad's family tries to involve me. I chose to not talk to him or see him because he kept breaking promises to me and never made an effort to see me. How do I break the tension and how do I explain to my dad why I don't talk to him anymore? I'm really sorry this is long, I just had to get that off my chest! Thank you!! Smile

Hey girl, It's great that you are making an effort to reach out and communicate.  Thankfully, the focus of this event will be your uncle, and I'm sure the family will just appreciate you being there.  I would let the person that is taking you know about your concerns if they don't already, so they can help you break the tension and feel more comfortable.  As far as talking to your dad, it might be best to talk with someone who knows him (like your mom) about the best way to approach him.  But whatever you do, be proud of yourself for making the effort - I am sure your dad will appreciate it, too.  xoxo

Marie H.

by Rato09 on 6/17/2010 2:43:26 PM

That suckss.. where I live they don't have summer school.

by [Music.Obsessed.13] on 6/17/2010 2:24:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hey girlie!i couldnt find my ?,so i decided to try it againSmile.Are there any uppbeat happy non rappishhhh summery songs that u like?Thanks in advance!

Hmm that's weird.  But I'm a huge fan of the Black Eyed Peas.  And I think the perf summer song is Fly by Sugar Ray.  Soo good! XOXO
Fallon M.

by friendsrforever on 6/17/2010 2:17:15 PM

omg dat sucks!but u could try to go to a summer program dat u dont have to go away to.

by sassy08 on 6/17/2010 2:10:19 PM

ugh a bunch of my friends has to go to summer school, and i dont have any one to talk to. eh

by j4zm09 on 6/17/2010 12:57:48 PM

ATTENTION ALL GIRLS. DO YOU NEED ADVICE ASAP?
well search no longer because u can ask me almost any question and ill reply the next day at the LATEST so go ahead! post a question!

by sassykitty60 on 6/17/2010 12:36:33 PM

Ive never failed a subject but im going to summer school to;just for fun!!!!!!!!Smile

by 23victoria on 6/17/2010 12:16:36 PM

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

by elena!! on 6/17/2010 12:00:39 PM

at my high school we don't have summer school you just have to retake the class again

hey girls i give advice and am here to talk so if you need anything come by my profile Smile <3

by wednesday1408 on 6/17/2010 11:53:50 AM

ATTENTION ALL GIRLS READING THIS!

~aspiring advice columnist, Lauren

by soccergirl524 on 6/17/2010 11:20:04 AM

Think about when your done with the class. The more you push yourself to succeding the quicker the time your in the class.

by poet4life on 6/17/2010 10:58:15 AM

Wow, that really stinks! Fallon M.

by Cherries51 on 6/17/2010 9:49:17 AM

Oh, my friend has to go to summer school. I don't blame her because we're only in 8th grade and we take geometry classes. She didn't even fail, she got a D.

by NJessicaN on 6/17/2010 9:31:27 AM