AN HOUR AGO 5 ways to remix your salad routine: http://t.co/ritxTtorOn

2 HOURS AGO 5 furry friends you need to follow on Instagram ASAP: http://t.co/PVxAb5RkaE

3 HOURS AGO Snapbacks are makin' a killer comeback: http://t.co/39LINFW5OT

COMMENTS

I'm afraid of sleep-overs!

Whenever I'm supposed to sleep somewhere other than my house, I freak. I can't help it. Being away from home overnight makes me sick and...

Mod! Okay, a while ago I slept over at a friends house.... well I was going to... everything was fine until everybody went asleep. I wanted home sooo bad. I was close to crying and I just told everyone I was sick... so i called my dad up at like 2 in the morning and he took me home! And I almost did the same thing at my bff's house! I never go to sleepovers now. But next year I'm going to band camp for a whole week... my brothers will be there But I don't think I can do it. And I don't wanna seem like such a baby.. what do i do?

I'm sorry to hear about the homesickness - I am sure it can be frustrating.  But if you really want to go to that camp, consider this year an opportunity to work on conquering your homesick troubles.  I really like what this article says, about starting with baby steps and making a plan.  I would consider talking with someone you trust, like a parent or guardian, who can be your support.  Being open about your challenges can make them easier to handle.  Good luck, girlie!

Marie H.

by lovemycrazybff on 9/13/2010 5:06:36 PM

dont worrry, i used to be the same way !
as you get older, you will grow out of that . Smile
just telll your friends the truth.. you would rather sleep at home in your own cozy bedd Smile

by nikker on 8/24/2010 2:43:22 PM

I never had a problem with sleepovers. I guess it's because I took vacations, and went to tons of sleepovers when I was younger. I hope you get over it, I used to has anxiety, too. It was about different things, but I know how it feels!

************ATTENTION*********************
NEED ADVICE FAST? COME TO MY PROFILE!!! I ANSWER ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS, AND I SPECIALIZE IN:
BOYS
FEELINGS
FAMILY
FRIENDS
HEALTH
CRUSHES
COME TO MY PROFILE LEAVE A COMMENT/ QUESTION AND I WILL ANDSWER IT ASAP. I AM ON ALMOST AL THE TIME!! NO QUESTION IS DUMB!!!!! COME TO MY PROFILE AND I WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS!!!!

by skf97 on 8/16/2010 2:16:55 PM

i know girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!! same here!!! i only got 2 hours of sleep that's it!!! then i said now way!!!

by AWESOMEGIRLIE on 8/11/2010 9:24:46 PM

omg not 2 b negatory
I LOVE SLEEPOVERS
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
k
yea my friend wuz/is like tht
she always finds a way 2 have the sleepover at her house
im ok wit tht but im totoally outgoing with tht kind of stuff so it kinda seems silly 2 me but to some ppl it is truly scary. so i respect tht ... i might make a joking side comment but other than tht we all have our own fears and we need 2 respect tht
xoxo Maddy

by lps on 8/10/2010 1:36:18 AM

I was exactly the same, but I've slowley grown out of it. The problem now is the idea of summer camp! It's like a million sleppovers. I don't want to miss out though

by butterfliesrmylife on 8/5/2010 7:41:07 PM

Ask your friend(s) if they're okay with you listening to your music(with headphones) when you go to bed. Just crank on some comforting tunes and count back from 100. This might sound a little babyish, but when I go to sleepovers I bring my security blanket. Hope this helped! Smile

by cancerthecrab on 8/5/2010 5:42:13 PM

i have the same prob... the one thing that i CAN NOT do at sleep overs is listen to music... it makes me home sick!!!!!

by bree123 on 8/3/2010 1:52:57 AM

Invite them to your house. Would that make a difference?

by cutiepillar_1 on 7/27/2010 9:28:02 AM

same here well i'm not affrade but my stomack gets really wierd??

by taylormaggie on 7/25/2010 8:40:59 PM