AN HOUR AGO 5 ways to nix nasty thigh sweat probz: http://t.co/982h3PqHBE

2 HOURS AGO What to do when your bra-stuffing secret gets revealed: http://t.co/wZC6Zb2Um4

3 HOURS AGO This guy is the definition of the perfect summer crush: http://t.co/JoExgHz0cs

COMMENTS

My parents are overprotective!

My parents are way overprotective. I can’t do anything without supervision. I’m 14 and can handle things. I feel locked up, and I’m getting depressed. Your...

MOD! MOD! MOD!
My dad is worse.
I'm NEVER going to be allowed to date (my dad doesn't believe in dating), I can't go to the mall with my friends without a parent, I can't wear makeup, he reads my emails, he reads my chats... Me and my BFF have to go off the record so my dad doesn't see we're chatting about our crushes. I'm thirteen years old, the dating thing doesn't bother me too much because a lot of my friends are never gonna be allowed to date, but I can't go to the mall!

Hey girlie, some parents are just really extra protective. If there's something that you want to do, talk to your dad about it and remind him how careful and responsible you are. Always make an effort to pitch in with chores and housework to impress your parents and prove to them that you are responsible and deserve more chances to do things.

Lauren T.

by topaz1116 on 9/30/2012 6:52:37 PM

my mom is super over protective but my dad dosent care so sometimes i just ask my dad but then i always get in trouble

by birdtodd89 on 8/26/2010 2:53:11 PM

MOD!
my bff has lied to me 3 times. they were about being able to wear makeup but then her mom caught her wearing some and she was grounded for 2 days, then she told me she could shave her thighs but her mom told me and my mom that she couldn't 4 days ago! and she told me she was getting a phone in a week, 2 times she has said that! so i told myself im giving her 1 more lie and i dont want to be bffs with her anymore. but i still wanna be friends, i've tried to talk to her about it but she ends up lying about again! what should i do? MOD!

Hey girlie, if the lying is negatively impacting your friendship you should definitely not consider her friend as you have already confronted her about it. If it doesn't and you still want to be her friend it sounds like your going to have to put up with her lying.

Paige T.

by luvshorty5 on 8/14/2010 10:43:56 PM

Ok so I obey my parents all the time go to church am in the youth group prez of njhs poms captain i'm a good kid!And the other day i was inocently going to see toystorywith my two bffs i get home and i get an interagtion from my mom saying she heard i was sitting next to my "bf" at the movies. And i'm 14 and cant date till 16. Now this "bf" just happened to b some random guy I never have seen him or spoke a word. Why would my mom be watching me like that! where is the trust kids and parents r suposed to have

by claremaryanne on 7/9/2010 3:15:51 PM

*Girls!:
Obviously ur on this page 4 ADVICE!!! And comment on MY page 4 advice on boys, family, school, style, dance, ect,.!!!!! So COME TO MY Page and Comment, and ill respond to you in 1 DAY MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!! The least: 1 hr Smile
So come 2 my profile 4 ADVICE and a QUIK reponse!!!

*xoxoxo* Mimi**

by PinkMusic1418 on 7/3/2010 12:52:26 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD!
My mom is a control freak and my dad still treats me like a little kid! My mom won't ven let me wear spaghetti straps because she thinks that they are inappropriate and that if I wear them,I will attract all kinds of creepy men! My friends wear them,and no one has ever bothered them!

I know it sucks, but at this age you gotta listen to your parents.  They'll have the upper hand for awhile.  But if you respect them and peacefully and not overaggressively try to appeal to them they may come around.

Brittany B.

by jillian111398 on 6/29/2010 11:23:42 AM

Don't worry may rents' are over protective too,they say i need to earn trust,i totally understand that but at least give me some slack.

by CMauck on 6/26/2010 2:41:42 PM

***MOD MOD MOD***
I want to get my hair, which is medium length, cut into punky layers. I don't want it to look too loud, do you know any examples of a style that's skater but not overly loud?

I suggest you try lots of choppy layers. Tell the hairstylist that and theyll be able to help. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by swimprincesschic on 6/23/2010 9:51:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I don't know how to tell my parents anything about my personal life! I want to tell them but how do I approach it? For instance I had my period and I don't know how to tell my mom! Please help!!!

hey girly, just tell her! she's def been in that situation before and it might feel awkward at first, but she'll understand, i promise!
Alissa S.

by kenzgirl1213 on 6/23/2010 3:01:11 PM

Mod mod mod!!!!
I recently went to a party at a rich girls house. Her friend is pretty much perfect!!! Her bf is perfect, her hair is always perfect, her parents let her do whatever, everything! After I went to the party I've felt bummed because of how her life seems soooo much better than mine! Any advice on how to bring up my confidence?

hey girly, just focus on the things you like about your life instead of negative things!
Alissa S.