Bridget M.

is modding

27 MINUTES AGO 5 ways to take bobby pins just went from basic to classy: http://t.co/ZUm5Wvfg8W

AN HOUR AGO 5 adorable party dresses for plus-sized babes: http://t.co/JRPUNoYxjl

2 HOURS AGO Yikes! @ChloeGMoretz gets hurt on set of her new movie: http://t.co/KkjBfgzpHR

COMMENTS

My friend copies me all the time!

Most of the time, my mom will tell me to take it as a compliment. I don’t see how this is a compliment because it is so aggravating!

I have one friend who get everything I have. I got a nook, she got a nook. I got a hamster she got a hamster.I got a set of small speakers for my zune or nook, she got some too! And I have another friend who copies what I do. I got really interested in art so she started doing art. I love singing and music, she started to too. When ever I get a new hobbie she starts it too. Also we will be playing a game like badmitton which I have been playing for years she says that she is way better and has played it longer which she hasnt. What should I do?

Lynae P.

by sqeakers24 on 4/14/2012 8:59:05 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
My (former) friend always copies me with everything I do! She even read the Harry Potter series, which I have loved since I was FOUR YEARS OLD, just to annoy me. She told me that too! I've blocked her on Facebook, and I try to ignore her at school, but today she pushed me to the edge. She came to school in the same t-shirt as me and went around telling everyone that I was her best friend. She doesn't seem to have her own personality and just copies everyone! She thinks it's funny to curse and do morally bad things, which I don't approve of, although I pretend to laugh along. What do I do?

Hey chica,

This girl is a bully, plain and simple. But this copying and lying behavior stems from really deep insecurities in her own personality. There's something about herself that makes her feel inadequate or awkward, so she compensates by making jokes, pretending to be other people, cursing, and pushing the limits. I know this sounds like cliche advice, but the best way to stop a girl like this is to ignore her. She wants an audience and she wants a reaction - that's the point of her whole act. So by appearing like you couldn't care less about her and that you're way too busy for her nonsense, you'll make her think twice about whether it's really working the way she wants.
Lauren C.

by quirrelmort on 9/9/2011 11:47:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please Help me!!!
I have this friend who also copies everything I do! I am so fed up with her trying to be with me. She has done this ever since second grade! We are in seventh now. Not only that, but she follows me everywhere I go. It is sooo annoying! It's like I'm her battery. She won't move unless I'm going. Which is super annoying. I've already tried talking to her. It didn't work. I once ended up yelling at her once in elementary school. If I talk to her again she'll take one of our friends and bring her far away as possible and talk about me. Or she'll ignore me for the rest of my life!!!! I just need a really really long break from her. She's just to clingy. I just want to not be friends, I don't want her to hate me forever!!!

Hey girl, I'd suggest gradually setting some distance. Plug yourself in other activities. Surround yourself with other people. Say no to her if she wants to hang during the weekend for once. Set some space and your friendship will gradually fade.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Kmn21 on 12/14/2010 10:40:15 PM

Copying is more of a compliment, your mom is right. Why would you be annoyed of somebody who thinks what you do is great? That is kindaa, how do I say this... retarded. Stop worrying about people copying you, it isn't a bad thing! If nobody copied Elvis, there would be no rock N' roll. If nobody copied people... everything would kinda suck. Don't you think?

by ItsShannon on 11/2/2010 10:10:56 PM

I have a friend who does that too. And its not flattering like the MODS say, not at all. Not when your friend practically changes her mind to whatever you say! Its like REALLY?, your that desperate to be like me? Wow.

Katie

by Cupcake1999 on 9/11/2010 3:44:45 PM

my bff does that too. but she's so attached she can't help it. Even if i try things like that. So if you can't change your friend change yourself. Smile do something she does not like at ALL!! Hey i'm gonnna try that! check out my profile i got awesome tips.: boys,zits,skin,weight,bffs,Parents,fashion,school, pretty much anything. Post on my profile! some things i have no clue but i'm not going to mention. i will reply though whether my advice helps or you already tried. There's tons of other girls that will love to help you with your sitch. <3 Love you!

-Jessica <3

by rockchic99 on 9/11/2010 12:09:38 AM

yeah theres this girl who is very shy and nice but sometimes its annoying cuz shes always following me and trying to be like me!!! and whenever we do projects in art and stuff if theres a girl next to her that she wants to be like she will completly copy whatever she does!!! i am nice to her and i dont wanna say anything to her because i dont wanna make her cry! my mom says that shes nice and that it shouldnt bother me but it DOES and my mom doesnt even know her and i try to tell her but she just says to be nice to her! ughhh its SOOOOOOOOOO annoying!

if anybody has the same thing or has any advice plz comment on my profile thnx sooo much for reading this! <3

by jbluva217 on 9/6/2010 1:56:12 PM

My friend has weird friends that have gages. Now since her parents said she couldn't get them, she's gonna give herself them. I've tried to talk her out, and i even had my friends who tried to disobey their parents and help.

hey! It might be time to tell your parents about this. What if she really hurt herself? She might be mad at first but you'd be a good friend for caring so much. Good luck!
Helen S.

by sn3rd on 8/28/2010 4:44:26 PM

MOD
URGENT HELP NEEDED. My crush and i are going to be having lunch together on Monday. I need advice on what to say. And during lunch time i don't mean to but i'm kinda greedy and i don't mean to be, and i especially don't want him to know i am. So give me some tips on what to say and how to act, please and thank you! Smile

Hey girlie, just be yourself and be as comfortable with him as you can be. You want him to like you for you and even like your greediness. Don't try to be someone else just to get his attention and affection. Talk to him about school and his summer and try to find out more about him.

Lauren T.

by sn3rd on 8/27/2010 5:56:32 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD! i have this friend and her grandparents are getting a divorce i have already talked to her about it . We always hang out with 3 other friends and when we have sleepovers shes all SAD, And i wanna be upbeat when its time i like to dance sing and be silly i try to include her in all the time but she just wants to sit their and one day she text me saying i am leaving her out and me and r other 3 friends are perfect it wld be better if i didnt exsist i cldnt even reply to tht what should i say i just said no and i am confused plz help thnx

Hey girlie, she's probably just upset about the divorce. Keep trying to include her and make special time for just you and her to hang out and have a good time.

Lauren T.