1 HOURS AGO Rock earrings—without the piercing part: http://t.co/rbL8f0elte

2 HOURS AGO 5 workout-worthy headphones we heart: http://t.co/cZ2UKihCJw

3 HOURS AGO #FangirlAlert! We saw @TheVampsband & @AustinMahone and it was AMAZING: http://t.co/VudYOXE2oU

COMMENTS

Get Rid of Oily Skin--Now!

We’ve got the best tricks to bust those blemishes and keep your skin lookin’ crystal clear, even if you’re sweating up a storm.

I have conbination skin. I will see if this works!
I have an oily nose and forehead, and regular cheeks and chin.
Right now I use Johnson&Johnson Clean & Clear Morning Burst.

by jillkrikorian on 8/18/2010 2:19:10 PM

MOD
I have a stupid zit next to my nose.
help please???
my clearasil is failing, mainly because I dont use it regularly.... D:
what do I do??? I DONT WANT TO BE PIMPLY AT THE MALL!!! haha
thanks Smile

Hey girl,

First of all I would use your Clearasil regularly and see if that helps.You need to wash your face twice a day, every day (once in the morning and once at night.) You could also go to the store and see if you can get a spot treatment or Stridex pads. If you're still having probs, see a dermatologist and see if they can help you out.

Vanessa J.

by audoo98 on 8/14/2010 1:23:25 AM

tomorrow is picture day.......... and i have a zit on my cheek!!!!! Frown

by crayola kid on 8/11/2010 8:39:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD!! mod MOD MOD!SmileHELP!
Im only ten and i am already getting zits and pimples my skin care routine is :
day 1 out of 3:
scrub then put moisturizer before bed
day 2 out 3:
apply a facial cleanser then apply a toner and moisturize
day3 out of 3:
dont apply any chemicals or products except water until the next day .
i do this over and over again.
Am i doing anything wrong??
HELP!

Hey girl, the way to get acne is to treat it based on your individual skin type. Everyone has different skin, and different skin-types need to be treated on an individual case basis.  If you have combination or oily skin, the moisturizer could potentially lead to more break ups.  Go for an "Oil-free" moisturizer instead.  Usually dry skin needs a little more moisture. Try a moisturizer that is strong but designed for sensitive skin/prone to break outs.  For most skin types washing your face with an acne fighting cleanser before bed, then dotting the individual zits with Benzyl Peroxide usually does the trick to minimize pimples.  If you're drying up and peeling, use moisturizer in the morning.  If you can't seem to clear them on your own, a dermatologist can prescribe something to stronger to kick your zits to the curb for good.

Megan R.

by pamela65421 on 8/11/2010 6:40:08 PM

I need help...well advice on my horrible skin! I have zits EVERYWHERE! I have them on my forehead (which I know is common) I also have them on my nose, chin, below my nose (my upper lip) and also sometimes on my cheeks. I do everything I can to get rid of it...I use oil free face wash twice a day and acne pads twice a day. The acne pads are really strong btw. It seems to be getting a little bit better but I just can't stand it anymore! What are some things like home remidies I can do at home? How long should this last? May I add that I'm 12. Ive had this for like 2 years now plz help ! Frown

by DropDeadRainbow on 8/11/2010 4:14:18 PM

MOD MOD
I have this skin condition and
its called Keratosis pilaris do you know
if I could use anything to treat this?
Thanks

hey! I'm not sure, sounds like you should talk to you doctor. They'd be able to give you better advice than I would. good luck!
Helen S.

by eskipoo on 8/7/2010 2:25:29 PM

Hey. Now i have really oily skin on my nose and i get little pimples in between my eyebrows...What is a cheap but great face wash that you would recomend?

by Ashyrocks1218 on 8/6/2010 3:38:44 PM

MOD I always hear about people using eyeshadow as an eyeliner, but I don't understand how you do that. If you used the eyeshadow wand, it would be a really wide line. Explain? Thanks!

Hey girl!  You're right - the eyeshadow wand is often too wide.  First, you need a thinner brush (an eyeliner brush is usually very small and slanted, with hairs more like a blush brush).  Another trick that can be helpful is wetting the brush before you swipe it in the shadow, so it's easier to get a more definite line.

Marie H.

by LolaGranola on 8/5/2010 4:06:29 PM

HEY GIRLIESSSSSSSSS Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
i have oily skin...it stinks..ik...BUT...
i have a way to help it. my skin regimen is amazing for oily skin!
1. first i clean my skin with nuetrogenas oil eliminating astringment.
2. than i get blackheads alot...especially on my nose..so i use equates blackhead scrub and i put that on my face than i use a clean toothbrush ((diff one than from the one u use on ur teeth lol)) and i use that to exfoliate my skin while useing the scrub.
TWO EASY STEPS! and it gets my skin clean!!
some good tipsare not to pick at ur face, don't pop pimples, and dont touch ur face during the day..the oil and dirt from ur hands goes onto ur face and just...ewwwww!!!!...ALSO drink LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!! hydrate hydrate hydrate. Smile
i hope this helps everyone!
~sam Vanessa J.

by makeupguru101 on 8/5/2010 2:52:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD How can you get rid of or cover up dark circles under your eyes???? Thanks C=

Hey chica! Check out these tips Smile

1) Use thinly sliced cucumber strips. This is a very popular as well as an easy way to cure bags under your eyes.

2) Identify allergens. Allergies may be the most common cause of skin discoloration under the eyes. If allergies are the root of your problem, you simply need to treat them, or remove the allergen (i.e., the thing to which you are allergic). Seasonal allergy problems such as the hay fever can frequently be effectively treated with over-the-counter and prescription medications. For other allergies the best course of action is usually avoidance. If your dark circles or puffiness are constant, you may have an undetected food allergy or an allergy to a chemical in your home or workplace. Talk to a dermatologist for help determining what you may be allergic to. People with allergies also tend again to be deficient in B6, folic acid and B12 on occasion. Taking a multivitamin, if you don't already, may help with your allergies as well as black circles.A common allergy that causes dark circles is gluten. This is mainly an allergy to wheat flour. More severely, you could have Celiac disease. To test for Celiac, you can get blood tests by your doctor. It's important to remember, however, that you can be allergic to gluten, and not have Celiac.

Get plenty of sleep nightly. Sleep is the number one thing to do! It’s not entirely clear why inadequate sleep results in dark circles under the eyes, but we’ve all seen it happen either to ourselves or someone we know. For one thing, lack of sleep tends to cause the skin to become paler (thus increasing the appearance of darkness under the eyes), and it reduces circulation. It’s also believed that too little time lying down is a cause in itself. Determine how much sleep you need (it’s usually 7-9 hours per night, but varies for different people at different times throughout their lives) and try to get that amount regularly for a couple of weeks to see if that helps. Remember that alcohol and drugs can adversely affect the quality of your sleep; abstain from these products or use only in moderation for best results. A lack of sleep, coupled with poor vitamin absorption also tends to reduce adrenal function. The less adrenal function you have the less B6 you tend to absorb, the less B6 you absorb, the less well your adrenal glands work and alas you end up in a vicious circle. Sleep, regular vitamins for those that need them, and good calcium/magnesium support in the form of eating a lot of greens (which are higher in calcium and magnesium than dairy products) or good mineral supplement restores adrenal function. So if you want to break the cycle and the black circles under your eyes, you've got to reduce your stress, sleep more and take the proper vitamins and minerals to support the adrenal function in general.

4) Treat your skin while you sleep. There are overnight facial masques available that may help reduce the appearance of puffiness or discoloration, but you can also make your own. Just before you go to bed, take a washcloth and wet it just a bit with cold water. Then squeeze out any excess water and place it over your eyes as you sleep. Treating your skin may help, but the real problem may also be that you have a poor vitamin and mineral absorption problem that must also be corrected. Seeing a naturopathic physician may help for those people who suffer other ailments such as miscellaneous aches and pains that come and go and a general run down feeling.

5) Apply cool tea bags, an ice cube wrapped in soft cloth, or cucumber slices to your eyes daily. The tannin in tea bags has been shown to reduce swelling and discoloration, and cucumber slices have long been used to reduce puffiness and refresh the appearance of skin around the eyes. Lie down, preferably in the morning, and leave fresh cucumber slices or cool, damp caffeinated tea bags (you can refrigerate them overnight so they’ll be ready) over your eyes for about 10-15 minutes. Keep your eyes closed.

6) Apply an eye cream containing vitamin K and retinol. Dark circles may be caused by a deficiency of vitamin K. Regardless of the cause, however, recent research has shown that skin creams containing these two ingredients reduce puffiness and discoloration significantly in many patients. Long-term daily use seems to have the greatest effect.

7) Avoid rubbing your eyes. Usually rubbing of the eyes is brought on by allergies, but not always. Regardless of the reason, stop doing it. The rubbing irritates the skin and can break tiny capillaries beneath the skin, causing both puffiness and discoloration.

Eat a healthy, balanced diet, take vitamins, and drink plenty of water. A whole host of cosmetic problems can be attributed to vitamin deficiencies. Dark circles and puffiness are often attributed to lack of vitamin K or inadequate antioxidants. Also, a deficiency in B12 (usually anemia-related) can result in dark circles. Be sure to get plenty of fruits and vegetables—especially cabbage, spinach, and other leafy green vegetables—and take a daily vitamin supplement if necessary. Get adequate fluids to improve circulation.

Reduce salt intake. Excess salt causes the body to retain water in unusual places, and this can result in puffiness under the eyes. Too much salt can also impair your circulation, and cause the blood vessels under the skin to appear bluer.

10)Cover the area up with cosmetics. Try to use an undereye cream. If all else fails, use a concealer which will camouflage the darkness under your eyes. The makeup will help cancel out the undereye circles. Be sure to use a concealer that matches your under tone (i.e. yellow, peach, tan, light brown, etc.) After applying, set the concealer with a light dusting of translucent powder.

11) Establish whether or not this condition runs in your family. Dark circles are believed to frequently be hereditary. This doesn’t mean that you can’t do anything about the conditions, but you should be prepared for minimal success actually trying to get rid of them.

(Tips from WikiHow.com)