2 HOURS AGO RT @justjaredjr: R5′s @rydelR5 Says She Crushes on Bandmate @ratliffR5 #Rydellington http://t.co/zQT8cckuAn

2 HOURS AGO Reason #29572 why it rocks to be a #GLintern RT @leanxcuisine: Counting down the hours till I see my byline in @girlslifemag 💁😁✏️

2 HOURS AGO Want to chat with @PeytonList? Join us this Thursday at 6pm EST on Facebook! More details coming tomorrow :) #peytonlist #peytonators

COMMENTS

Feel Amazing by the First Day: Work It Out

Woo hoo! Welcome to GL’s brand new Get Fit Fast Program, where you’ll find easy ways to eat better, workouts that’ll kick your butt (in...

Might I suggest to anyone Cathe Friedrich's workouts? And, also, not sticking to only cardio but weight training? Weight training improves strength and endurance to do cardio workouts (like cardio workouts build up endurance for weight workouts!), and it improves your bone density, which lessens your chances of breaking something in an accident.

Be warned, though...muscle, though it takes up the same amount of space as fat, weighs much more. So your weight may go up. Therefore...you should not listen to the number on the scale. It is not representative of how fit you are. One other thing: Unless you can lose a lot of fat, muscular arms, when you aren't flexing those biceps, look like they have some fat on them, but they don't. Your muscles only pop out if you have practically no fat on your arms and you are flexing your muscles.

Again...Cathe Friedrich. I do her workouts and love them. I hope I inspire some of you athletes out there. : )

by Lady Pakenham on 9/8/2010 3:16:39 PM

Every time I get my issue of GL I always start the workout. I only stick for any workout for like a week, I see results but, I'm still not motivated. I'm curvy and my friends say I'm not fat even though I think I am. I'm also really self-conscious around guys and even girls my age, because they are waaay thinner. I play sports and I think I eat healthy. Any ideas on how to get motivated or into shape?

Hey girlie, get yourself into a routine and make yourself work out during that time every day. If you force yourself to do it even when you don't want to, you'll get so used to it that after a while you won't even think twice about working out!

Lauren T.

by lalaland97 on 9/1/2010 10:22:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I was 7 I was really skinny, like nearly anorexic. Then when I hit 8 I started snacking and eating alot of junk food I loved it so much and didn't care what my mom said would happen to me. When I turned 10 I had a round belly and my thighs were mad flabby so I managed to eat a little healthier and be more active. Now I'm 12 and I go to the gym every single day cuz i still have all that fat, but the problem is that every excercise I tried only works on my belly come on i have an anorexic belly now but with full and flabby thighs. Then I started working out really hardcore and my thighs got way skinnier and I'm seeing great results but my butt didn't get any different. It's flabby and my legs are skinny so now it droops out I hate it. What can I do to trim it down??????

Hey girlie, keep up your exercise as long as you're not exercising too much. Don't exceed 90 minutes of exercise a day to make sure that you're only exercising a healthy amount. You can also find exercises that target the muscles in your butt to help tone it up.

Lauren T.

by xxlongliveburtonxx on 9/1/2010 2:38:00 PM

how often would i have to do this to be in shape and how long does it usually take to get into shape?

by katiekakes8 on 8/30/2010 8:40:09 PM

i like these ideas! im gonna start like tomorrow!

by aquaSurf09 on 8/30/2010 6:06:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD i rrrrrrreeeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy want to start eating healthy but all my mom buys it unhealthy foods!!thats y im overweight!!!then she yells at me eating unhealthy foods but thats the only food in the house!!!i wanna eat healthy!plz help!!!!!!!

Hey girl, why don't you go grocery shopping with your mom next time? Buy fruit and vegetables for a snack instead of chips. Remember staying healthy is half diet, half exercise too. Why not try walking each evening or adding some cardio to your daily routine?

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by brookiecookie12 on 8/29/2010 5:40:59 PM

*MOD*
By stretching out my legs everyday, will that tone up my thighs? Any other suggestions for toning thighs? thanks a bunch!

That will definitely help! Other ways to tone them are to do lunges, jog, yoga, kickboxing, pilates... lots of options!
Lauren C.

by JustinePaigee13 on 8/29/2010 4:47:17 PM

Hey Girlies! Need advice on:
> Boys
> Fashion
> School
> Friends
> Family
> Makeup
> Puberty
> Fights
> Hair
> Music (Piano, violin, viola, cello, and singing)
> Figure Skating
> Parties
> Mean girls
> And Anything else you can think of!

Come to my profile I will answer your question ASAP! I love to give advice and am happy to help!

Love,
~Megan~

by chicka678 on 8/26/2010 6:19:44 PM

To, prettygirlsonly

Your club name is offensive!

by wednesday1408 on 8/26/2010 4:35:33 PM

im not over weight but i hate my belly fat... i work out but nothing works! i love to swim but i hate going to the pool! i want to be wearing a two piece bathing suit.
what do i do?!