1 HOURS AGO Get so-pretty Homecoming hair without the salon!: http://t.co/fRGFJyeRem

2 HOURS AGO Do guys like girls who wear makeup? http://t.co/6KjYr0Sxnk

3 HOURS AGO Make your own wickedly cool candied apple!: http://t.co/cZd847v8uS

COMMENTS

Dealing with an autistic brother

I have a 14-year-old brother with autism, and I know he has to go through hard stuff, but I honestly can’t stand him. He...

Hey girlies! i want to know your favorite song of all time!! so post it on my profile haha thanks ;)

by Kristin95 on 9/1/2010 10:40:21 PM

I also have a uncle with schizophrenia, but he has the kind where you hear things. I love him and sometimes wwish I could help him but, it mostly has to do with him helping himself.

by Amber22 on 8/29/2010 11:39:54 PM

i know the exact feeling. I have a distant cuz who lives across the country and he has had some mental dissabilaties/issues and he visits only once a year but that once a year is still enough to get everyone all stressed out. Best of luck girl. my heart goes out to ya!

by kenz13 on 8/29/2010 9:12:01 PM

I have that problem too sometimes with my sister. It's not her fault, it is autism's fault. It is just because they cannot communicate the way we do so in order for someone to pay attention to them they do whatever they can. They don't attack you for no good reason(I know i tried to use that excuse to my mom plenty of times). They are just trying to communicate to you because they don't know how to do it appropriately. I just think it isn't them, its the brain damage. People were not treating my sister ( the teachers we not trained with her severity of autism) like a person so my Mom now has to home school her. Life is tough for us the siblings but it is much harder for that person with autism.To understand it better, do some research. (I didn't have to because my whole life my mom has dedicated to raising money for research and understanding autism so everyday we are lectured about it). Life will go on and love your sibling, they are people too! Smile

by pinksocca95 on 8/29/2010 5:41:30 PM

i hav a similar prob with my sis. she's got a issue called apburgers, witch is a really mild version of autisum. she's crazy too but what i do is let her do her thing and try to tell her how she should act so she learns.

by ahackbardt on 8/29/2010 4:08:50 PM

MODERATOR!!!!!!!!!!!! My older brother gets drunk every weekend. I'm really worried about him. I don't want him to be drunk and driving. I know my brother is an adult, but I'm worried about him even though we don't talk much! What should I do? Please hide this if you can! Thanks!!

Hey girl,

If your brother is an adult and can make his own decisions, ultimately you have to trust that he is taking care of himself. But that doesn't mean you can't tell him how you feel! Just let him know sometime {when he isn't drunk} that, even if you don't talk too much, you still love him and care about him. Tell him that you really value him in your life and you're so grateful he's your brother, so you just want to make sure he is safe and looks out for himself. Something as simple as that could make him act more responsibly next time - he might still like to go out on the weekends, but the drinking/driving combo seems less worth it when you know other people are counting on you to do what's right.
Lauren C.

by iloverocknroll on 8/29/2010 3:10:03 PM

Heyy!
Check out my profile under "My Healthy You Profile" for fun polls, quizzes, riddles, contests, and more!!! <3
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Im also available for giving advice on any topic!

~ XxClairexX1187 ~

by XxClairexX1187 on 8/27/2010 2:58:39 PM

Hey girls! Come check out my profile (with over 1,000 comments) if you need some advice, or just someone to talk toSmile I'll get back to you within a day or two. Thanks!

-Chloe<3

by chlojo98 on 8/27/2010 12:31:05 PM

hey girls! I give advice on just about anything! I'm really experienced in being an advice giver and help you get out of even the toughest sitch! so post a comment on my profile and I'll be happy to help ya Smile

ATTENTION DANCERS: if you need any advice on dance or anything related to it, (all kinds even pointe) then im happy to answer your questions! post a comment on my profile Smile

by summerlover0116 on 8/22/2010 5:50:42 PM

i'm sorry about that. but still think really harsh to wish that he wasn't your brother. HE'S YOUR BROTHER. i know it must be tough. but still i think that's pretty cruel.

by aqua girl on 8/22/2010 12:53:43 AM