Dealing with an autistic brother

I have a 14-year-old brother with autism, and I know he has to go through hard stuff, but I honestly can’t stand him. He...

i have a 2 year old sister with autism, shes the most beautiful little girl i have ever seen <3 you sam

by emmytwilightlover97 on 8/22/2010 12:12:58 AM

Hey Smile so I have been acting since the first grade. I'm 13 now, and I've been thinking about it for a while now, and I think I *MIGHT* want to try modeling. I have no idea how to start.
My parents have been totally supportive of everything I've done so far. They love that I do acting, etc. But I'm nervous that when I say, "I want to try modeling" they will assume things.
I genuinely want to be a model for the modeling itself, not for popularity or anything shallow.
How do I tell my parents?

Hey girlie, find a time when they are not stressed and in a hurry and tell them your plans and why your so passion about it and ask if they will be supportive.
Paige T.

by myheartsonthestage on 8/21/2010 10:36:12 PM

I was never really big on eating breakfast, because I just didn't have enough time. I can eat at breakfast, just not very much. I can eat at lunch or dinner just fine though.

by popcorn159 on 8/21/2010 9:41:19 PM

I can't eat in the morning or else I feel sick. I don't have a disorder do I?

Hey girlie, has this a recent issue or something that has always been. If this is recent I recommend you see your physician.
Paige T.

by popcorn159 on 8/21/2010 9:33:48 PM

Wow, no one in my family has a mental disorder so I can't really relate to this, but I feel sorry for people who do have this problem. Frown

by saveourearth96 on 8/21/2010 9:30:36 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!! My friend is 11 and weighs 103 pounds. She 4 foot 11 inches and she really wishes she would just be 80 - 95 pounds. How can she lose weight before school starts (september 7) for cheerleading?

Hey chica! The best way to lose weight is to eat healthy and get moving! Fill your bod with fruits and veggies, as well as lean proteins like fish and chicken. Then, go for a jog or walk, or go swimming to burn some calories. Or, jump rope or play some fun outdoor games like Capture the Flag  Smile

Becca G.

by purplepeople on 8/21/2010 4:32:11 PM

is it bad to start drinking soymilk instead of regular milk if you're not lactose intolerant or vegan??

Hey! anyone can drink Soymilk, it's fine Smile
Helen S.

by smileysevvie on 8/21/2010 2:20:11 PM

woah... thats rough....

by baybeegirl558 on 8/21/2010 1:26:45 PM

my brother has an assortment of disabilities and basicly its the same exact thing this article described. lucky me

by deannam on 8/21/2010 11:54:05 AM

my cousin is autistic, but very mildly. like he repeats stuff a lot, but they mostly involve playing electronic games, so anyone who doesn't know better would think hes just addicted to them. it's really great though, cause hes had supportive friends all of his life.

by lipglosslady on 8/21/2010 11:38:01 AM

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?