1 HOURS AGO Cold-weather workout gear for your fall sweat sesh: http://t.co/f3SLGwmn0t

2 HOURS AGO Yikes! Which secrets AREN'T meant to be kept? http://t.co/1Ylw6tV9gK

3 HOURS AGO 5 ways to rock beanies like a b0$$: http://t.co/ejqfA67qyW

COMMENTS

Dealing with an autistic brother

I have a 14-year-old brother with autism, and I know he has to go through hard stuff, but I honestly can’t stand him. He...

hey there gurl i agree with singdancewrite1015. just accept that hes your brother and when youre feeling angry think of all the good times you 2 have spent together.

by lilgirlkt on 8/20/2010 10:44:38 PM

I also have an autistic sibling, so I know how you feel. My 15 year old sister has mild autism, and she used to be obsessed with time. When she first got a watch, every time we said, "In a minute" or anything like that, she would make sure it was exactly one minute. She gets upset easily. One minute she's fine, and the next she's storming out of the house. She used to run away, and one time when we were playing hide and seek, she ran away and the police found her downtown. We love her, but some times it's difficult to deal with. We all just have to stay close, and be supportive. You are never alone. Always remember that.

by 7714st on 8/20/2010 9:49:13 PM

wow that is so said i know a lot of people dont mean it when they say "i'm sorry" to hear that but i do and you have my deepest sympathies nd by the way MAYBE u could have a heart to heart talk with him. just maybe

by beautifulwish on 8/20/2010 9:41:44 PM

MODERATOR!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi! How are you? I'm always worrying about things! I never relax at all! What should I do? It's a habit that I tried breaking but I can't do it!! Thank you and God Bless!

Hey girlie, anxiety and/or stress is a very common problem. One way to stop worrying is by trying to use positive affirmations. For example if you worried about a test you just took you can try using a positive statement like I did the best that I could and I know that is enough. Try to reassure yourself that everything is going to be okay and that the worst that can happen is not that bad because your won't be afraid to handle it. Also check out Girls Life articles on well being http://www.girlslife.com/category/well-being.aspx
Paige T.

by iloverocknroll on 8/20/2010 8:59:02 PM

my friends brother is autistic but hes only 7. he cant talk much but he is a very fun person. my friend gets embarrassed sometimes but everyone who knows him loves him. he is so cute.

by animallover234 on 8/20/2010 6:54:02 PM

Mod mod mod
Y is my profile being moderated, I haven't updated in a while and I was about to check my comments when it said it was set to private. Y is it doing that?

Hey girlie, if it's set to private then you need to read the boxes under your account info and uncheck the one that makes it private. It's probably an accidental setting, not that it's being moderated.

Lauren T.

by meg_15 on 8/20/2010 5:22:07 PM

i'm sorry about that. that's horrible.

you be still shouldn't being wishing that brother didn't exist. HE'S YOUR BROTHER! i know it's hard. but come on that is cruel. especially since he can't help it.

by aqua girl on 8/20/2010 4:30:05 PM

You should read the miracle girls i think Riley really relates to you Smile totally check it out! and im so sorry for your family

Hey please check out my profile i also give advice Smile

by wednesday1408 on 8/20/2010 4:10:19 PM

Uggh that must be HORRIBLE! But hey! he can't help it! Just try to get on his good side & teach him to be nicer to everybody.

by Samocin97 on 8/20/2010 3:47:56 PM

hey girls! do u need advice asap? well search no longer because i give advice on almost anything and ill respond the next day at the latest. so go ahead. post a question! Smile

by sassykitty60 on 8/20/2010 3:42:28 PM