9 HOURS AGO #GLQuiz Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/4LTyVqDpZO

10 HOURS AGO What to expect transitioning from home schooling to public school: http://t.co/VexOwlx570

11 HOURS AGO Exactly what to put in your BTS makeup bag! http://t.co/N6wTjqrhwe

COMMENTS

Why am I gaining weight around my period?

Why am I gaining weight around my period?

Is it true that girls who are athletic have lighter periods? And if it is true then is there something wrong with me or something I should be worried about because I am annoyingly active but my period is really heavy.

by smashlee on 11/3/2010 12:54:44 AM

hey chicas!

need advice? i got it! post anything on my profile and ill get back to you ASAP!

Smile
~carrie~

by carolinerr on 10/20/2010 6:36:01 PM

Mod mod when I get my period it seems like I get abunch of extra b.o. Is this normal or like hormonal stuff

Hey girlie, I've never heard of that before but it could totally be normal hormonal stuff. It might just be the way that your body reacts to your period.

Lauren T.

by kjm109 on 10/6/2010 9:05:07 PM

*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD*
Dear Mod,
Ok so I have two HUGE questions, My best friend let's call her "Sydney", has the same Cup and Band size and we are around the same height, and she's a few months younger than me but since that, { She has her period, I don't } but will her period last longer since she's taller? Or shorter?
And will it be heavy? or lighter...
2. I still don't have my period, and my mom and I aren't exactly close, {Since I just FINALLY got her to buy me a bra} but my discharge is getting a little bit thicker and we are out of pantyliners and I'm afraid to ask her to get them for me...
Please help me Frown - Panty Problems.

As for the period question, its different for everyone and theres no exact science to how long theyrll last based on physical characteristics. So theres no right answer for that question. Now for the pantyliners question i suggest you write it on the shopping list so she sees you need more. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by chocoluverqueen15 on 10/2/2010 11:38:24 PM

Mod mod mod (; !
I have a few questions !

Hey girl,

1. No, that will not stop your period. Nothing can really stop it; it's a natural part of life and after a few days each month it will end. 2. An infection will not stop your period but if you have one you need to see a doctor or gynecologist so that you can take care of it with medicine (probably cream, I think). At least ask your mom if you think you might have an infection. 3. Yes, you can be flat chested and have a period — girls go through the stages at different levels and some adults can even be kind of flat-chested. 4. Your period comes out of a different hole than your pee. 5. You are probably sweating down there; there are sweat glands in that area, as there are sweat glands in other parts of your body.

Vanessa J.

by LoveHappens on 9/25/2010 7:10:02 PM

*MODMODMODMODMODMOD* When I get my period I get major cramps. I always get them around lunch so is their any foods I should stay away from or should eat to make it hurt less?

Helen S.

by twilightfan4ever0303 on 9/23/2010 5:16:31 PM

Hey ladies! Have a story of your first period that you are dying to share? or just want to talk to someone about periods? Well come and comment on my page! I'll talk to you, and give you advice if you need it!

by _picture_ on 9/20/2010 5:18:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD!I'm going away in october, to a camp retreat with my church. While I'm super excited, I can't help be so nervous. I got my period in August, now it's semptember and it hasn't visted yet, but I'm scared I will get my period again during the retreat. I know that I can just bring pads and it will be fine, but we're hardly ever by the cabins and when we were near a bathroom where I could change, everyone would see me. HELP!

Hey girl, I can understand being a little nervous about it, but you can handle this.  If you'll be carrying around a backpack, think about getting a little make-up bag to discreetly store the essentials.  That way, no one will see what you've got.  You can't control when you get your period, but you can be prepared so you don't miss out on any fun.

Marie H.

by laughingfirecracker on 9/20/2010 4:15:27 PM

Modmodmod
Is it possible to not have a vaginal opening? Because if I do look "down there" I can't find it. Nor can I EVER put in a tampon. Help!!!

Hey chickie,

Think about it - if you have your period, that means you're all normal "down there" because there's an opening for it to get out, right? I think you're ok! If you're confused about what you see down there or want to make sure you're developing normally, don't be shy asking your doctor. They've heard it all, trust me!
Lauren C.

by EgirlH.97 on 9/13/2010 10:25:59 PM

hmmm i've never noticed that i gained weight on my period. weird.

by kgirlpanda on 9/13/2010 4:34:46 PM