2 MINUTES AGO Still a few hours left of #BlackFriday, and we're stocking up. What deals did you get today?

AN HOUR AGO 5 ways to deal when you're feeling down: r

2 HOURS AGO #QUIZ! What signals are you sending to your crush?

I always get cramps when I run!

Why is this happening, and can I do anything to avoid them? Running cramps are common—but totally treatable. They’re usually side stitches, which occur when shallow...

Hey. Yesterday I started training for a race (though a program) I have never been much of a runner. Since then (which was like a little over day ago) my legs have been super stiff and sore and I've been limping today. It hurts whenever I move, especially going up and down the stairs. Also it's embarrassing. Will this stop after training for awhile? And also, any ways to prevent it? thanks.

Hey girlie -- you should always warm up before running, that prevents the stiffness and pain.

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by kelaboo on 4/8/2011 9:32:27 PM

So do i and it is getting sooooooo frustrating I got up to 18 laps and i nearly cried ouuuuuch!!!!

by ultimateDIIVA on 1/20/2011 6:21:50 PM

Hey, Taffy18, I had the same problem about a year ago. The solution for me was to change my mattress, so you might want to try that if you've had it a while or it's used.

by oreocat134 on 12/7/2010 9:41:12 PM

I have been having back pains in middle to the lower back. My sister maybe has a stress fracture and im kinda worried i have one too maybe. I tell my parents but them and i dont think its a huge deal yet and it cost A LOT of money to check plus me and my sister BOTH play select soccer which cost like $3000 each. what should i do if its just small back pains? What are some streches? Also what are some streches for the knees to do?

Hey girl, I'd suggest asking your coach about stretches to target those specific areas so he can customize the routine for you. As for your back, ice it and rest it. It may just need a little down time to clear up.

Alyssa B.

by Taffy18 on 10/26/2010 5:56:00 PM

So i have to run half a mile everyother day in gym and its my period 2 andi always get cramps! and we cant have water bottles in our classes so how do i get water and a snack an hour before i run??

Hey girlie, try the water fountain between classes. Unfortunately there's probably not much you can do for a snack.

Lauren T.

by Hannah222 on 10/24/2010 10:56:50 PM

i love to run it gives me a trill but i walk on the balls of my feet which tightens the muscels in my ankles and it efectccs my whole body so ill get to the point it hurts my legs and ankles to run whats should i do

by meme35921 on 10/15/2010 10:32:02 PM

i run a lot but every time i run i get cramps. they are NOT SIDE STITCHES! they feel like period cramps. they normally last like 5-10 minutes. and it all ways happens the second i stop running not when i am running. what is it? they are almost excruciating. thanx

by celebratelife on 10/14/2010 11:54:38 AM

1. take a deep breath
2. thin. press f10 ten times
3. press f10 ten times
4. post this on five pages
5. look at your background

skullhottie97 on 6/19/2010 4:20:03 PM

by Byou on 10/10/2010 5:00:20 PM

In your opinion, do you think it'd be okay to hug your therapist after a hard/emotional session? Thanks

hey! That should be ok, unless he's a guy and you have feelings for him or something. then you'd have an ulterior motive and it wouldn't be healthy.

Helen S.

by summernight_dreams on 10/3/2010 3:46:49 PM

hey mod u didnt answer my question! okay so i have gym right after lunch and idk what to do since i get cramps from the running. i take a small lunch but besides that, i'm stuck. help!

Hey girly! Sorry, but I don't think the question went through. I don't see it on my list. You definately need to make sure that you're stretching before and after you run. Touch your toes, and stretch your waist from side to side, and by putting your arms over your head. See if that works, and let me know!

Becca G.

by ankitsa124 on 9/29/2010 8:10:15 PM

Always running out the door in the morning? Take the extra millisecond to put both backpack straps on your shoulders to prevent back injuries down the line.
What do you wear on your lips?

Kissing can cause cavities.

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?