2 HOURS AGO This #GLgirl gives you the scoop on gorg glowing skin: http://t.co/iY3iYtAtF7

5 HOURS AGO Currently swooning over these adorbs beach bags: http://t.co/GT2oH9Il1x

6 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

COMMENTS

Should I dump my bragging best friend?

My best friend and I have been friends for 6 years. The thing is, she is always trying to be better than me (and she's succeeding, too.)...

MOD!theres this person whos supposed to be my bff i treated her horribly in 6th grade thinking she was copying me bc of a friend told me of how she suddenly started getting converse & skinny jeans after me then last year i apologized and it was great like no problems and it seemed like everything would be ok this year we got in a couple of fights and then were fine again for like a month now i've been getting magazines and a few months later she got subscriptions to all of them i got mad but then i just let it go i mean they are just magazines but then i got toms and told her i wanted sperrys to she said she wanted them and i got black toms 4 my bday a week later or less she got black toms and sperrys i just got sperrys and told her how pretty they were and now shes not even talking to me ik shes mad when i told her about my shoes she just said great not anything happy like awesome! I've tried asking her to let me just have my own stuff but she gets mad and denys it what should i do???

Colleen K.

by prettypurple13 on 4/9/2012 10:30:21 AM

Thanks!! Happy Newyear!!!

by chick987 on 1/1/2012 11:56:05 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm always afraid to drop a friend or anything because the friends i have are ALL drama queens and will like spread rumors and bully me if i do. Next year i'm going to middle school and i want to start over but i cant when they are going to be there. One girls one acctually told the other girl she didnt like me and thought i was a bad influence. UM HELLO her daughter bullies me and the other girl. shes bullied me since first grade and i was really passive. How do i get them out of my life???

Hey girl,

If they're bullying you, their friendship isn't healthy at all! Totally understand why you'd wanna escape. To avoid the drama that might happen if you totally dropped them as friends, try gradually becoming less available and transitioning into being friends with other people. Get involved in different activities, try a part time job, join a new sport, etc. - do things to meet new people who are more like you. Since you'll be so busy, you can use that as an excuse if your old friends want to hang out. Try to slowly stop texting/IMing them so often. Over time, it'll feel as if you just drifted apart, which is natural when friends are growing up. MUCH better than a blow out fight and all the drama that would come with it!
Lauren C.

by chick987 on 1/1/2012 11:44:40 AM

ok so my best friend brags a lot about how many guys liek her... these guys are like my best buds and they all told me how they hate her cuz shes sooo annoying! when the guys decide to hang out with me instead of her or txt me and not her she gets mad at me... should i tell her why? and is it bad that guys like to hang out with me?? we r all JUST FRIEnds and single but some girls judge me for it.....

by bieberlover586 on 8/11/2011 12:25:11 PM

I kind of have that same problem more different though. I try really hard in my work and then I don't get a good grade, but then when my friend BARELY tries she get's an A! I mean SERIOUSLY?!!? Sometimes I just feel like giving up..ya know..

by jonasbrothergirl63 on 2/14/2011 10:24:55 PM

my bff moved here from Indiana a while ago, she's a good friend but she got mad at me for not going to a after club thing on Mondays....I've been going for 6 years now and this was the first time i missed since she's been going. she keeps making me feel guilty and im missing school now cuz i have pink ye so i try to call her but she wont tlk to me or call me back so i cant tlk to her and i really need too! but the thing is...what do i say to her!?!?!?!?! im really nervous cuz i always mess up, well im starting to wonder if shes just not, my BFF! i really dont wanna leave her! WHAT DO I SAY?!

Hey chica, it's definitely unfair of your BFF to get mad at you over that. Explain to her that you've been sick, and that there's nothing you can do about it. If she still doesn't get it, then she's just being unreasonable!

Clare W.

by lipglossgirl22 on 2/9/2011 1:11:34 PM

MODMODMOD one of my bffs always is competing with me she wants to be taller and get better grades and stuff so what happened is she got a better score on a math test contest thing i wanted to win and then she bragged quite a bit and i said it mad me annoyed and mad and she said thats the point so idk what to say because i am a bit shy so she can be bossy too! what do i do thx a lot in advance

Hey, girl! Your friend makes herself feel good about herself by putting other people down, which is not a very attractive quality. Since she said her point is to upset you, try ignoring it for a bit to see if she lightens up once she sees that it doesnt affect you. The big thing here is to just be the bigger person by not doing it back to her. Lead by example!!

Bridget R.

by nsr45 on 1/3/2011 4:35:07 PM

She's making a huge mistake!!you can talk to her about her bragging

by Massieblockfan on 12/25/2010 12:14:45 PM

hey gurly!

Everyone has to deal with it. Its really difficult and it can make you really angry. Just talk it out

xoxo

Jen B.

by Jenny<333 on 11/15/2010 4:25:32 PM

omg i go through the same thing with my friend jessica. Thats why this Christmas im trying 2 get as many cute things as possible so i wont have to deal with her making fun of me

by Jenny<333 on 11/15/2010 4:23:13 PM