AN HOUR AGO So excited to hang with @PeytonList today! What questions do you want us to ask? #peytonlist #GLpeyton

1 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 rule the school with Royal Flush Boots from @ChineseLaundry: http://t.co/aCrfs8vPrP

2 HOURS AGO 6 farm stand fruits and veggies to nosh right now: http://t.co/Cz75yXUyjX

COMMENTS

Making the Distance

Everything may seem fine and dandy so far this year, but one thing is missing: your very best friend. Maybe she had to move because of her...

My friend recently moved to another country. I feel horrible because i told her everything and now its really expensive to buy international phone cards. I really want to talk to her and i havent seen her for three months. What do i do?

by hypershrimp on 11/20/2010 2:14:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD. This summer I was growing a friendship with a girl who made me laugh and I had very good times around her. In August I lost contact with her for a good while - I later found out from a trustworthy friend that this "friend" of mine had called me a 'greasebag' behind my back. Now we're back in school again, and I always find that she looks at me as if I'm a puny little speck. Its as if she forgot all of our good times together in a wink! Now the same girl is hanging out with my best friends more.. I want to know how to become friends with her again so that I can join in when my best friends & her hang out. I hope you can help me with this crazy situation! xoxo, taylorswiftfan

Hey it doesnt sound like you should be the one trying to be her friend. If she talks badly about you, she should be the one trying to win you back!

Lindsay S.

by graceswizzle on 11/10/2010 4:14:55 PM

im afraid of loosing my friendship with my firends becasue i had to change schools, and its been like a month since then but we still see eachother, but the've been acting really wierd, they are not the same anymore i dont know if its just my imagination or if its really happening and i dnt want the distance to change things, i dont know what to do or what to think Frown

by candshop on 11/7/2010 7:16:35 PM

mod mod mod!
I have a friend who is making some really poor decisions in life, she is one of my best friends, and i am really worrying, i promised not to tell anyone about her problems, what should i do??

Hey girl,

Even though you told her you wouldn't tell anyone, sometimes telling someone trustworthy is the better thing to do, especially if the decisions are really hurting her life and will have bad long- or short-term effects. I would talk to your mom about the problems to see what she can do. Let her know that you weren't supposed to tell anyone, but you need help and trust her to help you know what's best for your friend. I wouldn't talk to other friends at school about your friend's problems, though. You could also try to talk to your friend about the decisions she is making or suggest that she talks to someone if she is going through a rough patch.

Vanessa J.

by LissieLou on 11/5/2010 9:58:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! ok so i was good friends with this girl (lets call her Bella) ever since kindergarten (im in 7th grade now). well, last year (6th grade) was a big change for her, and now she is basically the most popular girl in the grade. the prob is, the other day in the hall, i saw bella and she was standing there waiting for someone, so i said hi bella in a good enough loud voice, and she TOTALLY IGNORED ME! then my friend who was friends with bella too said hi and she ignored her too! i feel so sad when i see bella now Frown she also ignores my texts. is there any way to tell her how i feel? PLEASE HELP!!

Send her a text explaining that just because she is popular now doesn't mean she should forget who her friends always have been. Sometimes when people get popular like that they forget the things that really matter.

Lindsay S.

by twilightlvr3 on 11/2/2010 12:13:10 PM

*MOD*
hi!this year one my besties from middle school (we've been buds since 6th grd) and i went to different HS's (lets call her amy). My other friend from elementary school (who i've stayed close to) went to the same high school as my other bud (lets call her mary). so i was talking to "amy" on the phone the earlier and i mentioned something about how mary and i were talking and their APHG class was way ahead of ours. anyway, it ends up mary sits behind amy in math and amy thinks she a weirdo! when she asked her last name and i told her, her immediate response was "wait does she have some acne on her nose and not wear any makeup?"enough said. she told me how mary is obnoxious, etc which bothered me cuz ive known her since kindergarten and shes a great friend. amy is just being judgemental and she doesnt even know this girl! i dont know what i should do cuz i don't want to start a rift but i dont want her judging mary. i doubt she'll give her a chance. any advice? thanks so much! xoxo

Hey chickie,

It's natural for us to want all of our different friends groups to get along perfectly... but the truth is, that's not always the case. And that's ok! I doubt you can force Amy to see Mary for exactly who she is or to become besties with her, but try letting her know how good of a friend Mary is - regardless of any shallow things Amy might have judged her on - and how much of a history you guys have. By letting her know she is a good person, you might be able to make her think twice the next time she wants to say something about her. Emphasize to Amy as well that you value both of your friendships a lot so, if she wants to gossip about Mary or anyone else, tell her not to do it around you. And definitely dedicate yourself to keeping both friendships going - it takes work when you all go to different schools, but it's worth it when you're so close to each other!
Lauren C.

by fencingchic101 on 10/18/2010 9:09:38 PM

MOD !!! my friends and i go out a lot and we need money to go to the places we go. We are going to a haunted house for halloween and need money fast!! what are some fast ways to make some money?

Hey girl, babysitting and petsitting are two great ways!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by tay12zdot on 10/12/2010 7:48:40 PM

mod we had to split up into groups in social studies today. There was no paper near my desk before we split up, but when I can back there was a yellow paper near it. One of my guy friends told me that something bad was written about me on it. It seems like he might have a crush on me(I know this not just from this experience). Do you think he was trying to tell me something?

Hmm, it's hard to say for sure just from hearing that situation!  If you are interested in him, you could try flirting with him or spending more time with him to see.  You might also want to read this for more clues on how to tell if he's into you: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/09/16/advice-love-crush-dating.aspx

Marie H.

by pandagirl12 on 10/11/2010 7:09:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok so I have a major friend dilemma! Two of my best friends keep on copying everything I say or wear. I dont wanna tell them cuz I dont wanna hurt their feelings or I dont want them to think Im full of myself Please help!!

hey! It might be annoying, but it;s just a phase and they WILL grow out of it. Take it as a copliment for now and ride it out until they discover themselves more.

Helen S.

by pink and purple girl on 10/10/2010 2:10:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I want to be the best friend ever- i've made some big mistakes with my friends, so i really want to make up for it, i want to start over. How can i be an amazing friend ?

You have to be there for your friends. Always be supportive and always be willing to listen. Also NEVER talk behind their backs. EVER. It always back fires. If youre sweet and honest and a good listener, youll be a great friend. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.