6 HOURS AGO Soft, smooth and sleek. What more can a girl ask for?: http://t.co/JHczlGm7hG

7 HOURS AGO Re-invent your spring outfits with this #DIY: http://t.co/a5BH2rC5Zf

8 HOURS AGO The 5 foods that are best to eat for flatter abs: http://t.co/YsZ5BA5wu0

COMMENTS

Get the Write Friend!

Is your mailbox looking a little empty these days? Find another GL Girl and share your world! Ever wish you had faraway friends? Girls who could...

why don't my comments show up?

by penguinstar on 12/17/2011 7:59:38 PM

i think this is a really cool idea and i would really like to do it, but 20 dollars? if you could make it at all cheaper that would be great!

by penguinstar on 12/17/2011 7:57:09 PM

what why charge people for pen pals! Plus even if you are make it like $2.oo.

by Bruc1 on 12/7/2011 8:33:01 PM

20 bucks? are you crazy???

by Bbeleibs on 12/7/2011 6:03:01 PM

marhe6288 plz make your profile publicy visible

by Charlotte12sky4 on 11/28/2011 7:40:35 PM

I am NOT paying 20 dollars for this!

by Hannawall28 on 11/26/2011 6:52:57 PM

20 BUCKS IS INSAIN! ITS REDICTULIOS! NO WAY

by fierceandfabulous on 11/19/2011 8:21:26 PM

im now not intrested it costs $20 no way jose if it was free sure any day ut now im saying noway jose

by katelyndancer on 11/19/2011 6:52:11 PM

I really want a pen pal! but sadly, my mommy don't let me. she says "Its too dangerous" "How sure that they will response?" like that. so, can you tell me how can I convince my mom that it is safe and how can i be so sure that the one i am mailing is not a hacker or spammer or some bad people pretending? and my mom asks why it costs you $20? my mom says its a little expensive but if you tell us why it costs it a lot, maybe she will let me have a pen pal. please tell me.

Hey girl, the $20 is a processing file. We have someone go through all the applications and match you and your future penpal up to make sure you're compatible. The charge for the penpal goes toward keeping the process as efficient and as safe as it is. There aren't many places where you have someone screening your penpal for you, and just finding on online rather than through an organization like GL can be a bit shady.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by marge6288 on 11/19/2011 8:52:21 AM

I think the $20.00 fee for a friend (who might not even talk to you) is a little too much. I think it should be free so if you want a new penpal you don't have to pay another $20.00. I also think that not all of the penpals are real girls who are tweens. I have heard that some people who get penpals get people who are looking for kids to take places, but they say they are just like you. I would wish that you would give each person who signs up like questions so you can figure out if they are really a girl who would be a good penpal, or if they are just a fluke. So if I was the girlslife director who choses everything, I would drop the $20.00 fee and check to see if there is anything weird about the girl who signed up to be a penpal.

by danceforeve on 11/9/2011 8:17:37 PM