3 HOURS AGO Can we get a "yas" for this surfing pig? http://t.co/NKdXo1fHEB

6 HOURS AGO Listening to @BeaMiller #youngblood and wishing it was live like yesterday! #glfashbash

6 HOURS AGO Stripes, polka dots, or floral?! Find your perf print match here: http://t.co/lM41ZdRSJ6

COMMENTS

Get the Write Friend!

Is your mailbox looking a little empty these days? Find another GL Girl and share your world! Ever wish you had faraway friends? Girls who could...

I don't have $20! But, I'm better off writing to my camp counselor who is my pen pal other than paying monet for one on here

by LivieLoo on 9/22/2012 4:12:49 PM

I payed and did the GL thing. I got 5 pen pals! But only 2 of them answered! 1 doesn't write much and the other is okay. All in all, I'm not sure if you guys should do this.

mailyse f.

by sohi105 on 9/21/2012 3:36:26 PM

I`d love to
but Frown(
20 $$
Here is my nick yahoo: unbreakable_94
Hope to make friend with you Laughing
^^

by unbreakable_94 on 9/11/2012 7:16:14 AM

I'm already paying twenty dollars for the subscription and I dont have any more money!

by ClaytonCubs on 9/4/2012 6:39:32 PM

I wish I could do it but i'm not paying $20

by Cola on 8/21/2012 10:09:04 AM

This does sound really cool but then you have to have 20 bucks. I don't have 20 bucks to spend right now.

by blue jeans on 8/16/2012 8:47:23 PM

I was really about to go use this pen pal thing! Does anyone know a good website to find a pen pal? Like with real people my age? (13) anything would be helpful thanks so much! Smile P.S. to Girl's Life: if you ever start it up again, I'll be your first customer! haha Smile

by luvdolphin on 8/16/2012 5:36:09 PM

lol i dont have $20 and this sounds really cool so can some email me

Sorry girl, but ya can't swap emails on the GL site!
Carrie R.

by maiyah_loves_you on 8/15/2012 4:27:15 PM

I think it sounds pretty cool! I'll ask for $20 for Christmas lol. I really want a pen pal! I hope I get a real person though...

by luvdolphin on 8/13/2012 4:36:47 PM

I totally wish I could too but.............does anybody have a spare 20 bucks I could borrow???

by liebling on 8/7/2012 7:31:20 PM

Now i see why it is coming to a close...DUHH the 20$ Really?!?!

by livibug 11 on 8/2/2012 5:01:18 PM

Wat I don't like is you have to pay and you can actaully get one for free I'm looking 4 someone 9-12 and email me if u want at seahorse1095@Yahoo.com in USA out of Orlando,Florida thanks

by sparklej on 7/30/2012 9:29:46 PM

I've always wanted a pen pal, but $20??!!!

by genieinabottle on 7/27/2012 4:35:19 PM

Wow! This is freakin ridiculous! Who agrees? $20 to write to a person you don't know?! Really. This is the dumbest idea ever. People these days.. money money money. *Rolls eyes*

by gabagailluvzu on 7/17/2012 11:26:11 PM

Anyone wanna send me a letter lol Jw

by Kendra217 on 7/17/2012 12:30:12 AM

Wow who does that I agree money dosent buy friends at all you known this would've gone better if you didn't make people pay t do so so you better have a good reas and not a fake reason ill just find onther siteb that can give you penpals for free

by AngryBirdLove on 7/11/2012 5:32:36 PM

$20, really GL? Money doesn't buy friends. And 18 years of taking $20 from girls??? I'm glad this is discontinued. I would've never paid $20 just to have more friends that also paid for me to be their friend.

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
who agrees that this comment totally mods GL?

by loppyears12 on 6/20/2012 5:51:43 PM

Why do we have to pay 20 bucks just to write another girl? And can we send it in or do we have to do the pay pal thing?

Hey girl!

Unfortunately, the Pen Pal program has been discontinued. Sorry!
Rachael A.

by flowergirllova on 6/18/2012 1:06:12 PM

I had signed up for the pen pals program and after these LONG six or seven or eight weeks of waiting, checked up on here and saw that it is discontinued Frown This in itself made me sad but now I have paid $20 and never got any pen pal. Is there anything that can be done about that please?

by achampion on 5/24/2012 4:38:13 PM

Hey this is sort of a weird question but I think you guys are the the only ones who might be able to help me but anyway, I met this girl on vacation, and she was awesome! We were from then on friends!! Smile I gave her my email like at the LAST POSSIBLE SECOND (we then left the country) and expected her to email me back in like 2 weeks. But it's been a couple of months already and she hasn't contacted me. I really want to talk to her again! Is there any way you can help me? She was from England. Thanks so much (and if you can't find her I won't be offended nothing in my efforts to find her have EVER worked)

Hey gal!

That sounds like a fun vacay! Hmm, I'm not sure what else to try besides e-mail. It's possible she hasn't had access to her e-mail for a few weeks. Give her a little more time to respond. After that, try again. If your parents met her's maybe they have some contact information. Good luck!

Marisa D.

by Linsertart on 5/22/2012 3:31:40 PM

"MOD MOD MOD! My mom was investigating the pen pals program and decided to let me try it. So I clicked on the link and it said that I couldn't because the pen pals program is no longer active? Why?"

Hey babe,

I'm really sorry, but it was a decision made by all of our editors to discontinue the pen pal program after many years of success. Luckily, there are lots of "digital" ways to make friends on the GL website - or you could chat with your teacher about starting a pen pal program with a local school. We did at my school and it was a lot of fun Smile Sorry girlie!
Lauren C.

by Dovepawrocks on 5/13/2012 12:58:46 PM

I clicked on that link for the application and the link popped up and said, "After 18 amazing years pen pals has come to a close..." I thought, "what?!" I just got Girl's Life in the mail yesterday and I saw the pen pals thing inside of the magazine and thought it'd be cool to participate in but I guess you won't be getting my $20!
Very disappointed. Frown

by Gumdrops89 on 5/12/2012 5:32:54 PM

Hey girl,

Sorry to edit, but it is against the rules to post your email address on GL.com! Thanks for understanding! xoxo
Lauren C.

by Moone on 5/5/2012 9:35:23 PM

I really don't wanna pay much 2 do this can I at least trade e-mail with some1 here.

by Fabgal1 on 5/2/2012 7:01:07 AM

I want a pen pal..... But i don't want to have to pay 20 bucks to talk to someone.

by 2012princess on 4/29/2012 12:01:17 AM

Sure, I will be your pen pal.

by J. Greeley on 4/23/2012 8:44:25 PM

I want a pen pal i'll write or email whatever works

Hey girl,

Please click the link above to sign up for our penpal program - it is against our site rules to exchange email or home addresses in the comments, on profiles, or in clubs. Thanks babe!
Lauren C.

by Moone on 4/15/2012 10:27:02 AM

Anyone up for being my pen pal? $20 is way to much!!

by ekir06 on 4/14/2012 8:11:57 PM

Anyone wanna trade emails not wanting to pay $20 for suggestions on who I should write to... Well anyone want to?

by AliBlonde15 on 4/14/2012 2:04:16 PM

I don't even wanna pay! Im saving up for my dream job (swimming/ studying dolphins in the Galapagos Islands) and every penny counts. I don't want to do snail mail plus if my mom gets all these letters for me she will get upset. So anyone up for emailing? Hmu Smile

by Yasmeen_Taufiq on 4/12/2012 3:18:39 PM

I wanted to write letters, not e-mail. I'm not allowed to have e-mail 'till I'm in high school, which I won't be in for another two years!

by hidi75 on 4/9/2012 6:18:30 PM

Does anyone want to be an e-mail pen pal. 20$ is waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much

by shortypants254 on 4/5/2012 4:52:36 PM

sure xXFadingChildhoodXx
whats ur email?
Smile

by sweettooth825 on 3/27/2012 7:55:35 PM

If anyone is interested, I'm up for swapping email addies ^_^

20$ is just a waste of money in my opinion. 5$ is more like it.

So, anyone up for it?

by xXFadingChildhoodXx on 3/21/2012 10:18:18 PM

if it was free i would totally do it or mayb like $5 but not $20 thts just a waste

by Elyse13 on 3/13/2012 10:59:42 PM

i agree with everybody else.We shouldn't have to pay.I could just ask these people their phone#.That cost $0.

by Rascal8888 on 3/11/2012 12:56:09 AM

Hey, I still did not get anything back I signed up a while ago.....................

by hallerox on 3/10/2012 4:20:14 PM

I agree, it should be free, especially, cause we could just give each other our email addresses over the comments

by aeb27 on 3/10/2012 2:11:37 PM

If it was free I might really really consider it. Frown

by Rosethe1 on 3/7/2012 2:28:05 PM

why do we have to pay 20 for it?

by steff12345 on 3/3/2012 9:38:30 AM

yea i agree, i really want a pen pal, but i dont understand why we have to pay
question: Why do we have to pay $20?

by steff12345 on 3/3/2012 9:37:04 AM

20 bucks? Really? We pay for the magazine, isn't that enough?!?! I got a pen pal in Japan, I just looked up an address in Japan and wrote to it. Her name is Miyuki Mimmiru, she is very nice. Just look up a random address, where a girl lives, and see if you get anything back. Easy enough? It's pretty much free, unless it's a foreign country you pay a couple bucks for postage. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY PEOPLE!

by YayaYuiki on 2/29/2012 7:59:11 PM

MODMODMOD
I'm sorry, I said this before, but I didn't say mod.
I signed up 3 months ago and I still haven't gotten anything...

Hey girl,

You can email subscriptions@girlslife.com or contact us during business hours. Here's the information: https://secure.girlslife.com/Contact.aspx#16

Meghan D.

by Blushing-Beauty on 2/25/2012 9:55:11 AM

You really think that's a good idea, to put our personal profiles out on the internet, were everyone can see it?? I'm not trying to be mean or offensive, but really.

by soccergirlok on 2/17/2012 10:36:05 PM

I don't think there is a need for pen pals...I think we should just make our profiles public..or put our info right here, meet up on someother website or club here and start from there
easy..

by ladycoco22 on 2/13/2012 8:30:48 PM

I signed up over 2 months ago & I haven't gotten any notices or letters yet...

by Blushing-Beauty on 2/7/2012 4:38:25 PM

i agree @KIDDY4

by starchild_2000 on 2/3/2012 7:58:38 PM

Twenty dollars is far too much money. This should be free for subscribers, about 5 dollars for non subscribers.

by strawberries101 on 2/3/2012 5:56:03 PM

i am raising money for it, i mean 20.00 for ten friends across the worldsounds fun

by ncoe on 1/30/2012 7:13:27 PM

seriously i can get a free pen pal money cant buy friends

by fabulas99 on 1/27/2012 8:26:14 PM

I would love a pen pal but I wouldn't pay $20.00 for a pen pal anyways its a waste of money in my opinion. There could also be a creeper out there or none of the girls could talk to you.

by Nattyj<3 on 1/23/2012 7:26:44 PM

What if i really want a Pen pal but I don't want to spend 20 bucks!Frown

by Emily118 on 1/18/2012 6:47:24 PM

Sorry, but I'm not going to pay to have a pen pal. It makes no sense to me. Why should we have to pay to talk to someone?

by Kayla Brooke on 1/14/2012 4:06:13 PM

if i didnt have to pay to make a friend i would!

by soccerstar4everable on 1/12/2012 11:58:46 PM

I would do it but its a little pricey Frown

by SarSar:) on 1/11/2012 9:45:34 PM

and y don't me's comments show up?

by bonbon123 on 1/6/2012 5:09:40 PM

this is random but what does MOD mean????????????

by bonbon123 on 1/6/2012 5:07:40 PM

I applied for this and I met one of my BFF's! Guys trust me, its totes worth the 20 bucks.. Plus, you keep getting new pen pals!

by hermione&ron on 1/1/2012 5:58:44 PM

i so wish i could because at my school no one could keep a secret Frown if u could lower the price i would be happy to do it XD

by knpegram on 12/22/2011 11:16:28 PM

oh wait- they do. lol ;)

by penguinstar on 12/18/2011 6:45:43 PM

why don't my comments show up?

by penguinstar on 12/17/2011 7:59:38 PM

i think this is a really cool idea and i would really like to do it, but 20 dollars? if you could make it at all cheaper that would be great!

by penguinstar on 12/17/2011 7:57:09 PM

what why charge people for pen pals! Plus even if you are make it like $2.oo.

by Bruc1 on 12/7/2011 8:33:01 PM

20 bucks? are you crazy???

by Bbeleibs on 12/7/2011 6:03:01 PM

marhe6288 plz make your profile publicy visible

by Charlotte12sky4 on 11/28/2011 7:40:35 PM

I am NOT paying 20 dollars for this!

by Hannawall28 on 11/26/2011 6:52:57 PM

20 BUCKS IS INSAIN! ITS REDICTULIOS! NO WAY

by fierceandfabulous on 11/19/2011 8:21:26 PM

im now not intrested it costs $20 no way jose if it was free sure any day ut now im saying noway jose

by katelyndancer on 11/19/2011 6:52:11 PM

I really want a pen pal! but sadly, my mommy don't let me. she says "Its too dangerous" "How sure that they will response?" like that. so, can you tell me how can I convince my mom that it is safe and how can i be so sure that the one i am mailing is not a hacker or spammer or some bad people pretending? and my mom asks why it costs you $20? my mom says its a little expensive but if you tell us why it costs it a lot, maybe she will let me have a pen pal. please tell me.

Hey girl, the $20 is a processing file. We have someone go through all the applications and match you and your future penpal up to make sure you're compatible. The charge for the penpal goes toward keeping the process as efficient and as safe as it is. There aren't many places where you have someone screening your penpal for you, and just finding on online rather than through an organization like GL can be a bit shady.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by marge6288 on 11/19/2011 8:52:21 AM

I think the $20.00 fee for a friend (who might not even talk to you) is a little too much. I think it should be free so if you want a new penpal you don't have to pay another $20.00. I also think that not all of the penpals are real girls who are tweens. I have heard that some people who get penpals get people who are looking for kids to take places, but they say they are just like you. I would wish that you would give each person who signs up like questions so you can figure out if they are really a girl who would be a good penpal, or if they are just a fluke. So if I was the girlslife director who choses everything, I would drop the $20.00 fee and check to see if there is anything weird about the girl who signed up to be a penpal.

by danceforeve on 11/9/2011 8:17:37 PM

I would do this....but 20 bucks for it? No way.

by indesicive1 on 10/25/2011 7:08:44 PM

Why pay 20 bucks if you can find another one 4 free Smile

by ceb427 on 10/24/2011 6:06:33 PM

I really want a pen pal but who's gonna pay 20$ for a friend ? Frown I would rather say my crush to my bff's 8)

by nivy on 10/3/2011 2:52:59 PM

I would love to have this, but the price is awful. Gosh, anyhow, who knows who this person could be? What happens if they don't write back?
...

Hey girl, Including your email address in your comments is AGAINST our rules here at GL.com. Please keep this in mind for future comments. Thanks love <3
Lauren C.

by RandomHafsa on 10/1/2011 10:51:33 PM

Is there anyway to get a penpal without paying? And for anyone who's done this before- Is it worth the money or is it a huge waste of time? cuz I want penpals who will actually write to me!

by kakjer on 9/30/2011 2:47:25 PM

same...want 1 but not payin

by rocketqueenxo on 9/28/2011 4:45:17 PM

i do want a pen pal but im not paying for it

by Augustbaby11 on 9/20/2011 6:46:00 PM

i thought you can't buy friendship? Well i guess we can now. Not gonna do it

by cute.monkey.14 on 9/15/2011 4:38:22 PM

I really want a pen pal but... I don't really want to pay for one.Frown

by -cookiegirl- on 9/13/2011 6:52:57 PM

i really want a pen pal but I dont want to pay 20$ for it.

by jwinn202 on 9/6/2011 7:37:11 PM

I'm not going to pay either for a pen pal. If you want one, email me at mirandaskull@yahoo.com

by randomBubbles on 9/6/2011 5:52:00 PM

Why do we have to pay for penpals? They might not even write back :/

Alyssa B.

by dance.live.love on 8/18/2011 5:01:32 PM

I really want a pen pal but I'm not going to pay $20 for it Frown So if anybody wants a penpal email me kim.elise@ymail.com?Smile

by SmileyAerin on 8/14/2011 1:10:05 PM

How Do You Change Your Profile Picture

by selgomez_ on 8/13/2011 2:54:48 PM

MODMODMOD
how come my question in the guy section won't show up???

Try reposting! Ill answer Smile xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by kkk38 on 8/10/2011 9:34:50 PM

I got a penpal FOR FREE at this website and you can have as many as you want for the price of $0.00!!!

by ivystar8 on 8/5/2011 4:51:43 PM

just got my penpals in the mail Laughing all 6 of them Laughing lol idk how that happened cuz i thought we only get 5? im just lucky i guess

by lrigie on 8/1/2011 9:48:01 PM

hey wait... doesn't it cost money to sign up or sometin

by tortor369 on 7/23/2011 12:41:39 AM

im super exited for a pen pal but my step mamma dosent seem to happy and im sad tht it takes 4 to 6 weeks

by kristau1998 on 7/18/2011 4:57:57 PM

I have always wanted a pen pal but 20 dollars? Why can't we just do five or something for one? I have other things to spend my money on...

by siaeme12 on 7/18/2011 10:04:59 AM

it sounds cool but really 20.00 wow for a friend who u do not no if u give them your address it cooul be a freaken killer

by cheyannemarie<3 on 7/18/2011 9:37:24 AM

TWENTY DOLLARS IS WAYYYYYYYYYYYY TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially since there could be sooooooo many things that could happen for it to be a waste of money!

by MelanyRae on 7/10/2011 6:21:59 PM

@saraheartsherbuds, who says you only get to write to one? im pretty sure they just give u 5 girls names and email addresses, and u pick which ones to write to

by lrigie on 7/10/2011 6:05:08 PM

This sounds so exciting! I just filled out the application Laughing I think the $20 is worth it for 5 new friends. oh and
@pinky4708 thats why they charge the $20 fee

by lrigie on 7/10/2011 6:03:36 PM

well i would LOVE a pen pal but my parents dont have any friends from far away so i cant ask them if they know any girls.  Casey L.

by countryrose257 on 7/7/2011 1:51:44 PM

if you think about it i sounds like fun but some people dont have any money in these times. AND YOU COULD BE WHRITEING TO A WEIRD CREPER! I MEAN ITCOULD BE DANGERIS!

by pinky4708 on 7/5/2011 8:59:48 PM

I don't know why they expect a girl to pay $20 for a pen pal. I don't care if it's like, 5 bucks, but $20..? NUH-UH.

by whit1074 on 7/5/2011 1:05:04 PM

i would love to but 20 dollars is a waste

by littlemissy226 on 7/1/2011 7:56:50 PM

I don't understand WHY we HAVE to pay for 4 pen pals. If we only get to write to one then we would waste $15.

by saraheartsherbuds on 6/29/2011 3:49:55 PM

What about just one?!Maybe $5 or $10 but probably not $20...

by baconlvr711 on 6/26/2011 8:46:12 PM

I'd love to but $20....?

by Apple cake on 6/23/2011 6:06:21 AM

I wouldnt pay 20$. More likey 5-10 dollars.

by life.style.beauty101 on 6/22/2011 11:19:54 PM

I would love to do it, but $20? What if they don't even write back? Then it was a waste.

by cats-r-the-best on 6/20/2011 12:23:31 PM

Anybody like vampires

by Katybug2000 on 6/11/2011 1:08:54 AM

too much money to be set up with a friend u dont even know

by bunnybaby on 5/31/2011 6:42:55 PM

thanks stuiped u have to pay can anyhting be free this days omg

justinbeberfans #1

by beiberfever41 on 5/26/2011 8:29:02 PM

mod mod mod
I signed up for this at least 6 months ago and I haven't gotten anything about it. I'm kinda confused... Frown

Hey girl, you should've received one 4-6 weeks after you submitted your app. I'd definitely contact us here about it and someone should get back to you shortly who can give you an update on your file exactly (unfortunately I don't work from the office so I don't have access to that info). http://www.girlslife.com/Contact.aspx

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by tashyflower on 5/19/2011 8:33:30 PM

I would tots do it but, i mean 20$!!??? i could buy lik 3 books w/ tht! I hav a penpal in Korea alredy but thot this would b fun, nvm.

by Korky on 5/14/2011 1:52:20 PM

Do you have to live in the states or can u live in canada???????????? Smile

by iluvMUNRO on 5/8/2011 2:17:21 PM

i want a pen pal but i'm living on Japan! hmp!!!
I Want to live in America Again!!!!!

by leizirhc on 5/7/2011 5:41:05 AM

talk to ur 'rents about asking their out of state friends about haveing girls to mail. thats what i did

by ces123 on 5/4/2011 1:20:55 PM

ummm HELLO??!!? Who would PAY to email someone you dont even know!!!!!!!!!

by strawberries949 on 4/19/2011 4:24:01 PM

I agree...what if it's some thirty something year old stalker?????

by iRokkin on 4/9/2011 10:53:26 PM

I want a Pen pal soo bad but immafraid my mom wnt let me

by lulusoxx on 4/6/2011 9:08:47 PM

I like it.....
But I can't keep up with soooo many ppl!

by Shayc on 4/5/2011 10:58:30 PM

I want a pen pal but in the comments people are sayin that it dosent work and that would be a waste of 20$

by walkerra on 3/27/2011 1:56:04 PM

I agree with the people about online predators...it sounds like a good idea but we're taught ALL THE TIME not to talk to strangers online and who knows if it's a teenage girl or a middle-aged stalker... Brittany G.

by purplexrose17 on 3/19/2011 12:53:30 PM

wut if we dont like who we got what if theyre creeps

by glamgonewild on 3/17/2011 8:00:56 PM

i have a friend girl and a boy thats oll

by siclalic23 on 3/15/2011 5:29:34 PM

I did this,and i sent an e-mail to every one of the girls that GL sent me...one of them responded, but they only corresponded with me a few times..then they stopped.

by volleyballer(: on 3/5/2011 10:12:57 PM

sounds fun but my family doesn't have 20 bucks to randomly spend. I have a few email ones though, one of them is from China!

by IceTigers on 3/5/2011 11:57:40 AM

I think I got 5 or 6 girls. I only contacted 3 so far. 2 replied. One of them responds to me weekly and the other hasn't responded for weeks.

by kirklin22 on 2/20/2011 9:08:29 PM

sounds fun, but i do agree with the other comments about online predators. hopefully none of them would be taking advantage of the site, so i may try it

by volleyballchick7 on 2/13/2011 7:19:28 PM

$20 application fee???
I find that hardly fair - and, why are they GL subscribers when they could be random girls who may or may not subscribe to this magazine from foreign countries!
I'm going to visit a free pen pal website because of the fee, but thanks anyway! Smile

by abbeyroad99 on 2/13/2011 4:35:16 PM

It wuold be nice to have a pen pal but what if it is just a guy using a fake name just to get into a girl's pants.

by ladybug7800 on 2/13/2011 2:50:17 PM

too expencive,well...um i think they should let it be free
Frown

by 644lytzy on 2/12/2011 4:31:59 PM

I'm sorry, but wouldn't it be REALLY easy for some internet predator to fill out and submit the form, and start stalking five innocent teenage girls? (just saying...)

by liviegirl_27 on 2/9/2011 9:14:56 PM

Pen pals would be cool. Hopefully they aren't internet predators. Smile

by IluvCupcakesxoxo12 on 1/29/2011 3:04:09 PM

i could use a pen pal Laughing

by homiecd on 1/28/2011 9:05:42 PM

if it was free then probaly but kinda a rip off... Brittany T.

by cookies1500 on 1/26/2011 4:17:20 PM

I agree it is stupid to pay 20$ for a penpal, just use penpal world.com, its FREE and if anyone wants to be my penpal, for free my e-mail is alli_hippie@yahoo.com ;)

by gothhippie on 1/25/2011 5:22:13 PM

ya u could just find some one on GL and just talk to them like a pen pal.

by mazzie on 1/23/2011 8:31:15 PM

I'm not paying 20 bucks a month i thought it was like email oh and comment ur email or if u can send a message send ur email so to be penpals.

by gamergirl536 on 1/22/2011 3:47:23 PM

i dont think you should pay for your friends. i mean they are friends..

by thinkpink3187 on 1/21/2011 10:04:33 PM

why do we need to pay a fee of twenty dollars???

by sapphirekope on 1/21/2011 9:59:32 PM

Great program! I got this as a Christmas present but it just came yesterday. I already got my first response! I recommend!

by kirklin22 on 1/21/2011 10:07:40 AM

Realllly awesome idea just pretty pricey! Too much Moolah$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

by d00dleg4l18 on 1/19/2011 3:41:45 PM

I already have a penpal and it didnt cost me a thing.. but then again i met her in real life bbut she lives far away

by rososoccer7 on 1/19/2011 3:10:59 PM

woooooooooooooow

by cutekick909 on 1/18/2011 10:42:33 PM

$20 IS a lot of money. I mean you're payin' 4 ur own "friends".

by JMFWJH13 on 1/17/2011 6:25:54 PM

This is too exspensive i mean wut if there really wasnt no one?

by Kiba102 on 1/17/2011 2:10:16 PM

Why should we have to pay....I guess i have enough friends at school...lol

by Fizzyfizz! on 1/16/2011 4:27:14 PM

$20? REALLY?  Marly Z.

by wildchild96 on 1/15/2011 8:32:18 PM

we could get our own pen pals! and not pay!

by facebookchicka on 1/15/2011 3:29:04 PM

It cost way to much.I mean, $20??? It's easier to find a new friend on the street then to pay that much!

by artZie on 1/13/2011 7:20:56 PM

my mom will not let me wit cost to much to just talk to some one

by janelle20103 on 1/12/2011 1:13:57 AM

i did it but my pen pal split after like 2 days. =(

by lightbulb540 on 1/11/2011 7:48:59 PM

MOD
heyy, I really want a pen pal, but my mom won't let me. She thinks its too easy for a creeper to talk to me and stuff. So how do I get her to let me? And also, how do you know the person isn't a creeper? Thanks!

Hey girlie. Tell your mom that GL actually has a pen pal system where we allow girls to write to girls across the country. Check it out, http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/09/22/Get-the-Write-Friend.aspx.
Elizabeth P.

by iheartspike21 on 1/10/2011 3:46:17 PM

I THINK $20 IS A bit too much besides i can chat with girls on the comment box

by 644lytzy on 1/8/2011 2:33:35 PM

i think its too muck just for A PEN PAL!Frown

by 644lytzy on 1/8/2011 2:28:58 PM

my sister got a pen pal through another magazine and i think it was free or like $10 and now my sister and her pen pal are like best friends. they used to write letters back and forth but now that their so close they mostly call and text each other. They even have the same exact birthday.

by dance33 on 1/8/2011 11:32:42 AM

I think the price is reasonable . I'm just worried that my pen pals and i wont get along

by maddie95 on 1/1/2011 9:10:52 PM

this sounds like fun but the only thing keeping me away is the $20 part

by angiestar1325 on 1/1/2011 8:39:40 PM

I think this is really awesome! You get to meet someone new! And, your both girls, so you can relate. It will also keep you busy. I ♥ this idea a lot!

by niknik99 on 1/1/2011 11:14:56 AM

I just signed up. I think it will be worth it the only thing is the $20. Although you do get 5 pen pals so its like $4 per girl, right? Anyway I can also spend growing up with her though email and stuff. I can have my personal life and someone I can trust have have a great friendship with!

by madisonbieker101 on 12/31/2010 2:46:47 AM

Yah i agree i really dont like to pay like 20 dollars for a pen pal u should just get their email and write to them on email

by kaylen_summer14 on 12/30/2010 3:32:21 PM

Hey!! I just signed up to get a pen pal. I hope the names come!! I think $20 is reasonable since you might get 10 girls writing you. But I hope the people I get actually write me back!!

by mkrbrox13 on 12/30/2010 12:08:07 PM

I want 1!!!!!!!!!!

by cookiemonsta on 12/29/2010 1:48:04 PM

omg i want to do this but my mom would never let me let alone give me 20 dollars Jessica W.

by Chaela1997 on 12/22/2010 9:31:21 AM

I read the comments and a couple people said that they signed up but letters never came. I want to have pen-pals but I dont want that to happen to me.

by jollyhappyholly on 12/20/2010 12:51:44 AM

MOD MOD MOD I really wanted to do this it sounds super fun! But then I read the comments and a bunch of people said it didn't work. So how can I be sure it will? I was also wondering what the money is for? Thanks!

Hey girlie, I'm not sure what you are referring to could you fill me in

Paige T.

by jollyhappyholly on 12/20/2010 12:26:46 AM

Cool pen pals that sounds like fun! Smile

by tine on 12/13/2010 5:00:23 PM

omg

by blare164 on 12/10/2010 10:34:54 PM

This is so cool Smile But the only problem is it costs $$$ Frown
GG_

by GG_ on 12/1/2010 8:34:59 PM

say your name 10 times
say your moms name 5 times
say your crushes name 3 times then paste to 4 other pages

by lyriclol on 12/1/2010 7:47:55 PM

1. say your name 10 times
2. say your mom's name 5 times
3. say your crush's name 3 times
4. paste this to 4 other pages in 143 minutes. When you're done press F6 and your crush's name will appear on the screen

by webrock6455 on 11/28/2010 6:39:48 PM

ya the 20 bucks thing sucks!!! i really want a pen pal tho. i used to have one until she stopped writing Frown and my mom refuses to pay the 20 sooo im outta luck..

Dang!

by gibbiegirlie on 11/24/2010 4:28:30 PM

PLEASE DON'T READ THIS, YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST POSSIBLE FRIDAY BY THE LOVER OF YOUR LIFE. TOMMORROW WILL BE THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE. NOW YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS, DON'T STOP, THIS IS FREAKY.

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by SNS34 on 11/21/2010 8:13:24 PM

i realy wanted a pen pal. i thot it would of been fun. thanx for telling me it costs 20$. even though i realy want a pen pal it is so not worth it. awwww this realy stinksFrown

by jmj1998 on 11/19/2010 6:01:56 PM

i have always wanted to have a pen pal or two, but my fam is kinda low on green right now which makes kinda upset because i was looking forward to it till i read that there is a fine. that really bites)=

by GLglamour on 11/14/2010 4:59:13 PM

i'm not even going to try to many peeps say it don't work. and who whould pay $20 not me

by kohurlbut on 11/13/2010 4:50:51 PM

thanks for telling me you still havent gotten ur pen pal now i know not to pay the 20$ for nothing and emsubu its email not snail mail silly!

by hannahsmynumba1 on 11/11/2010 2:12:48 AM

I signed up for this in August and I STILL haven't gotten anything about it. It's a major rip-off. And I was really looking forward to it to >Frown

by Rachoo1611 on 11/10/2010 12:40:36 PM

i think we should email each other instead, that way we wont have to wait ffor the mail so long. it takes 4 days for a letter to get to texas from where i am, then 4 days to get here from there. emailing wouldnt take that much time...

by htrent1 on 11/8/2010 9:08:07 PM

They do have to pay to keep this site and their magazine running so they decided to create this pen pal thing. Frown

by XxEmicant_EmoryxX on 11/6/2010 7:00:26 AM

That's a good idea! I just can't do it because my mom won't pay. Frown Oh well......Smile

by Ibdoglover on 11/5/2010 10:46:56 PM

omg! it should totally be free! I mean who's gonna pay 20 dollars just to send a few letters that are also gonna have a price for stamps and the paper and stuff...Just saying.

by emsubu on 11/4/2010 8:25:47 PM

Now there are comments saying that it doesn't work. Wow what a rip off GL. We want to connect with other people at least let us do that. Some people in this world are living in a box and risking their life for 20 dollars a day and here we are paying 20 dollars for a stupid pen pal thing that doesn't even work. I mean come on peopleSmile love, hannah m

by GLHannahxoxo9498 on 11/2/2010 7:09:05 PM

Why do we have to pay 20 dollars. It should totally be free. All we want to do is connect with other people. Some of us don't know what life is like down in Florida or Nebraska why do we have to pay to find out? That's what I have to say about thatSmile LOL xoxo forever, Hannah M

by GLHannahxoxo9498 on 11/2/2010 7:04:51 PM

i fell like it should be free. because its basically we are interested and its not like your using your stamps to send back and forth with each other! right?

by jayloo10 on 10/26/2010 6:10:50 PM

why dont weee just start our online penpal thing go to my page and post things and ill start itSmile but its gonna be through email!!!

by makalaish on 10/26/2010 9:26:25 AM

i got one a couple of years ago and never got anything

by 77wii on 10/25/2010 3:56:51 PM

i did this two or three years ago and never recieved anything and my uncle paid for it and did i feel bad tht he wasted his money.

by 77wii on 10/25/2010 3:54:37 PM

I did this several months ago and it never came!!!! It didn't work!!

by tashyflower on 10/25/2010 3:05:56 PM

thats so unfair $20????? i know a different way to get a pen pal but the thing is its not as good as this. exept that u have 2 pay $20Frown

by flipper9983 on 10/21/2010 12:50:13 PM

Such a waste of $20 dollars. That's so expensive! In china, it's 112 yen! That's expnesive.

by CrystalSwarovski on 10/19/2010 7:25:33 AM

why is it a total waste of 20$?

by xomadmaddiexo on 10/17/2010 5:24:09 PM

I want a pen pal, but i don't want to pay 20 dollars, my parents are already complaining that they give me too much money.

by crowellgirl2 on 10/17/2010 3:27:01 PM

I guess it's reasonable. Just asking, how many girls are there out there as pen pals. Because if there's a lot, maybe, I'll send it in...

by chellie on 10/16/2010 1:08:00 PM

I wish it didn't cost so much. I have so much in my mind that I want to let it out but the Pen Pals cost too much.

by gschutjer on 10/15/2010 9:42:20 PM

We should form a group for free online!!!! That would be a free and fun way to make buds!

by Goalie18 on 10/15/2010 3:51:36 PM

Smile

by HannahRocks53 on 10/11/2010 9:13:18 PM

I know! I wish it was safer too! My dad said it could be a boy pretending to be a girl! Ugh! :'(

by YasmineMarie on 10/10/2010 8:59:39 PM

$20?

by sabrina_smile2 on 10/10/2010 3:52:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD I want a pen pal but i can't pay for it so how do you think i can get a pen pal

Hey girl!  GL's program is a great, safe way to get a pen pal.  If you don't have the money, perhaps you can do some extra chores or ask your parents to let you do it as a birthday/holiday present!  Smile

Marie H.

by thepeace808 on 10/9/2010 12:12:24 AM

I was just wondering what the money is for? I mean, it's not a problem but what does it go towards? Really, it would be more practical if it was through Girl's Life like maybe if you had a Girl's Life Pen Pal section where you could receive the info? Just sayin'! Smile

by msfunny on 10/8/2010 5:57:48 PM

hey i need a pen pal but first e-mail me on

Hey just a reminder, don't give out personal info on GL!- your friendly neighborhood moderator

Helen S.

by thepeace808 on 10/7/2010 6:55:52 PM

i want a pen pal.

by 0805317073 on 10/6/2010 6:37:37 PM

I wish this didnt cost money

by Stepter on 10/6/2010 6:27:19 PM

nope total waste of 20 bucks!!!!!!

by monstersmurf on 10/5/2010 6:34:54 PM

i dont have the cash

by angelash360 on 10/4/2010 8:07:10 PM

how do you ask a question on here?

by arielmay on 9/30/2010 5:16:31 PM

It sounds so cool but I don't have 20 bucks to spend for a few letters

by marla1321 on 9/29/2010 9:15:18 PM

modmodmod
would we b able to do this without payng or giving full names / just by email

Hey girlie, you need to give your full name and pay to get pen pals. Your full name won't be given out to your pen pals though.

Lauren T.