1 HOURS AGO Transform your look with color-changing nail polish: http://t.co/IwZ0dhHpF4

13 HOURS AGO How to ask a guy out and not be super awk and sketchy: http://t.co/l6Imxj9xVp

16 HOURS AGO Feelin' crafty? Make mom the perf #MothersDay prezzie: http://t.co/Of1DdcU6k7

COMMENTS

My Period Is Random

I've had my period for almost three years now, and it still isn't regular. My periods don't space out equally, and sometimes I get spotting...

We know how our periods affect us physiclaly but they also affect us mentally. I have noticed around my period I just want to kiss my bf more and want to do intimate things with him that I dont think about as much when I am not on my period. Its a very weird feeling to have that happen, I think its a tough to deal with those feelings and to eventually give in.

Hey girl,

I know it wasn't a Q but I just wanted to make a comment. Even if you're having those feelings, don't feel like you have to act on them! Kissing is OK if you're comfortable with it, but you don't have to give in for that or anything else... make sure to wait a while before going any farther and you should be older and in a committed, loving relationship, too. Only do what you're completely comfortable with and ready for.

Vanessa J.

by luckykel on 10/2/2010 12:44:00 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
I started my period on Monday and it still isn't over yet. This is only my 2nd period and im a little worried because my first one was only 5 days. It seems like its getting better, but when i wipe, there is still blood. I feel like its never going to end! Yeah i know it sounds funny. So is this normal and what are the signs that your period is going away? Thanks soo much Smile

I think it's normal! I think 5 days is a regular length, especially if you're including the days that aren't as heavy. For me, there are a few days that are heavier and then I would say for three or four days afterward, there's hardly any blood but it's still there. For example, in the fifth or sixth day of your period, you may have the same pad on all day with only a few drops of blood (If that happens, you could always wear a pantyliner towards the very end). I think the main sign that your period is going away is just the blood starts decreasing. If you have other symptoms like a headache or cramps they would probably start going away also. If your period lasts longer than a week or a week and a half, you could ask your mom or a doctor. However what you're describing sounds normal. Especially at the beginning, periods do not always follow exactly the same pattern each month.

Vanessa J.

by kalei896 on 10/2/2010 11:23:35 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD im going to be on my perios when we start pool p.e and i don't know how to use tampons yet and whats worst is that guys are gonna be swimming with the girls! I hear you can wear a pad underwater should i do that but put spandex shorts over? HELP!

Hey girl,

I have never swum with a pad but that might be a little bit risky. I guess if you are going to try it, you could wear spandex shorts, though make sure they match your bathingsuit so you don't draw attention to that area. I don't think I would trust just wearing a pad with a regular bathingsuit because it may float out.

If you're not comfortable wearing a tampon, that may not be a good solution either because you want to be comfortable while you're swimming so that you can do your best. It hurts a little bit when you first start using tampons but after you get used to them, it's not painful. Maybe you could talk to your mom about wearing tampons and see if she has any suggestions or help for you. Sorry! I hope your class goes well.

Vanessa J.

by sweet<3 on 10/2/2010 10:52:24 AM

Mod Mod Mod! ***
For the past three periods I have been having them every two weeks. It sems so unfairFrown Is this even normal?

Hey girl! You may want to pay a visit to your doctor. He will be able to tell you if what's going on is normal or if there is a problem.
Lauren H.

by dazzle76 on 10/1/2010 8:58:22 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD all my friends have already started their periods. I dont understand why I havn't started mine yet. I'm in 7th grade and I already am really developed in uh other area's. I know that im not excited for it but im kinda just sitting around waiting for it to happen. I know it's gonna happen some time, so cant i just get it over with?? do you know why I haven't started it yet?? and please no "everyones body works at their own pace" answer.

Hey girl! I didn't start mine until 8th grade! Believe me you are lucky you have not gotten it yet. Just dont sit around waiting for it, your day will come dont you worry! Everybody's body is different! hehe Smile

Lindsay S.

by clairebear574 on 9/30/2010 7:07:19 AM

MODMODMOD!
I had my first period on august 14th for the whole week, and I haven't had it again since then, and its september 29th! Is there something wrong with me?

Hey, girlie! No worries! it's really  common for girls to sometimes get their first period and then have a long gap until their second one! It may even be a few months until you get it again!
Bridget R.

by margy on 9/29/2010 12:36:34 PM

MOD

Hey babe, For your own safety and for the safety of other girls on the site, we're not allowed to let you post links to outside websites, even if you made them yourself. Sorry! Frown

xoxo Allie

Allie S.

by readerhi1234 on 9/28/2010 11:57:20 PM

haha yay mine is only every 3 months

by princess24 on 9/27/2010 11:14:40 PM

MOD!
So I tried using a tampon for the first time.... This is going to sound totally gross, but...I couldnt like find the hole. I mean it hurt when I tried and I wasnt quite sure if I was putting it in the right spot! HELP!! Thanks

Hey, girl! No worries, this is totally normal and you will get the hang of it. Check out this post for help inserting a tampon for the first time.

- GL Mod

Brittany T.

by grace2985 on 9/27/2010 9:25:12 PM

Modmodmod hey, I noticed after taking my bra off randomly while I was in my room that I kinda like going braless. What are ways I can do this? I've known my entire life that I like to be bra-less/shirtless but I've noticed I like it with shirts. Btw, imma 38C with saggy boobies. ( I <3 my boobies)

Hey girl, what/when you decide to wear bras is really a personal choice.  The best advice I can give is to be careful when you where thin or light-colored shirts!

Marie H.