Bridget M.

is modding

11 HOURS AGO #Quiz—which classic Christmas flick are you? http://t.co/i0LF5xdOKg

14 HOURS AGO .@CodySimpson has some major exciting news: http://t.co/BsrYGeIaoe

15 HOURS AGO This throwback Christmas pic of @FifthHarmony is die for #SOCUTE: http://t.co/9GKHuKVpHl #5H #harmonizers

COMMENTS

I Need Cash for Clothes

My family is going through a tough money situation so we don't have the money for me to buy clothes and I'm too big to...

My parents have a lot of bills to pay.. and i NEED braces and my mom JUST told me that we'll have to postpone them.. i can't even get something as little as a bag of chips at the store bc we're so short on money.. I'm going to be 13 in about a month and the only kind of job i can get is baby sitting.. But ever since i was born, my mom has done daycare at our house. She's been doing it for 30 years. So i can't be with kids all the time.. now i'm trying to find out what to be for Halloween.. any suggestions ? That's like cheap .. and anything that'll make me feel better about having no money ??

Alyssa B.

by lilgymnast11 on 10/10/2011 4:54:57 PM

MOD MOD
i am 13, and i am despratly in need of money...how can i get some?

Hey girlie! You can try babysitting or a dog walking service. They're a lot of people out there that are in desperate need of some help in watching their kids/dogs and are willing to pay good money for it

Jessica W.

by harajukulove7579 on 1/24/2011 1:53:55 PM

To make $$$ go to a goodwill and buy all of the videogames they have. (About $1.99 each) Then go to a gamestop. Sell them for about $5 each. That's $3 a game times 10 games is $30 profit!!!

by Bubbels365 on 1/16/2011 5:12:22 PM

Marshalls and TJMAXX!!!!!!!!!
You can get a lot of good stuff from there! Laughing

by babygirlk on 12/13/2010 9:44:21 PM

Hey Smile I have the same question as jingle636 - what jobs can we get?!

by XDuckeysXRuleX on 12/9/2010 3:32:24 PM

I love thrift stores. At first, I did NOT want to wear clothes that used to belong to other people. Once I tried Plato's Closet, I was hooked. They have a lot of name-brand clothes, like Hollister and Aeropostale. I go shopping at Plato's almost every weekend with my friends and it's GREAT!!!

by soccer.star706 on 11/26/2010 11:32:26 AM

What are jobs a 13 year old can get? besides babysitting (im not very patient with little annoying kids...)

by jingle636 on 10/30/2010 11:46:26 PM

what stores are good for this? I've heard playdough's closet and good will are good, but what els?

by jingle636 on 10/30/2010 11:44:30 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!
I know a couple of married adults, and the wife bullies the husband to death. They are my neighbors, and I hate to see it when this happens. I know if you see kids bullying kids, you are supposed to get an adult, but what if adults are bullying adults? What happens then? And please don't tell me not to get involved...I can't just stand by and watch. I have to do something!

Hey girl, next time you witness this sort of thing, give your parents a heads up. Let them see what you're talking about. That way they can also judge for themselves. I know its a horrible, horrible thing, but you can't get involved in it as a kid. That would be very dangerous. Just let your parents sort it out =]
Lauren R.

by freya7drama on 10/22/2010 6:35:07 PM

It's true, thrift stores can be really incredible. You can get half a dozen pairs of slightly used jeans for the price of one pair of new ones! Places like Goodwill take clothes you donate, so they can sell them super cheap.

Also, garage sales are great and can be even cheaper than gift stores! Money is a little tight, although not too tight, in my family as well and my awesome grandma buys about 90% of my clothes at garage sales. She even scored a pair of Levi's for me once for just a few bucks!

I know this seems super dorky, but you can make your own clothes in the same style as popular ones if you have a sewing machine, fabric, and thread. You won't be paying the store for the labor, profit, or advertising! There are also screenprinting kits available for making cute designs on T-shirts (just don't copy other people's designs exactly, as this might get you into trouble). Who knows, you could even start your own store someday!

by pink cat on 10/18/2010 12:26:15 PM