2 HOURS AGO Why you should be rockin' a super cute sun hat this season: http://t.co/6iUJMHrLzm

5 HOURS AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

6 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

COMMENTS

The Best Ways to Score Cool Vintage Clothes

Seven thrift store shoppin' rules to live by

OMG I LOVE thrift stores!!!!! I love finding treasures for such a great price! I've gotten $40 shoes for $5, a $200 purse for $10, and PLENTY of shirts and expensive jeans for cheap! I have trouble paying regular price at the mall now that I know you can get things for a couple bucks at your local thrift store!

by ponygirl6298 on 6/13/2012 3:18:48 PM

I got a freakishly cute AE sweater for $2 at goodwill. Then, i was at the mall a week later and i saw the same sweater for 100 bucks!!

by jacks25110 on 12/5/2011 2:37:20 PM

I love consignment shops... I got jeans that were originally $300 (i know, ridiculous right?) for only $35!

by vicy998 on 10/23/2011 1:49:36 PM

i dont go to like serioud thrift store shoppin but i have been to places like Playtoh's Closet, The Fashion Shack, and other places that sell hollister, abercombie, aeropostile, american eagle, and other name-brand clothes all marked down. there really good places if ur on a budget... but they dont have the on-the-rack stuff at the original store they have the last season clothes but if u mix an match new stuff with this stuff its cute (:
COMMENT ON MY PROFILE ILL COMMENT BACK
NEED ADVICE? IM HERE!
-me-

by awesomeful on 11/19/2010 10:28:22 AM

I go thrift store shopping alot, and I find good name brand clothes for like $2.00. I found Hollister, American Eagle, Marices, and Old Navy. You just have to really look threw alot to find it. I also got my Homecoming dress at a thrift store and I got it for $5.00!!! How great is that? Smile

by mel'sfashionrules on 10/23/2010 3:05:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD I want to get new clothes but my mom never takes me out shopping. and if she does, i will pick up stuff i like and then she'll say "no. you can't get that." and then she'll pick ugly stuff out. is there any way i can convince my mom to buy me clothes i like?

Hey girl, I think you should just be honest with her.  You don't have to tell her that her choices are ugly.  But when she says no, just explain to her that while it may not be her choice, it's your style.  Hopefully she will hear you out.

Marie H.

by katiekakes8 on 10/11/2010 5:51:10 PM

i havent gone to a thrift store ever.... guess i should try!

by celn on 10/9/2010 9:49:44 AM

It sounds like thrift stores are pretty cool. I'll have to try one... And soon!

by pineapple14 on 10/7/2010 5:55:33 PM

MOD i have some really cute leg warmers 4 a while now but i dont know how to wear them PLEASE HELP ME
thanks <3

Hey girl, try them with leggings and a tunic.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by muenessa678 on 10/5/2010 6:22:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
okay so my sophomore homecoming is in two weeks, I have a great dress and great shoes, one problem. MY SCHOOL DOESN"T ALLOW STRAPLESS DRESSES! =O My dress is dark purple with darker purple flowers on it...any suggestions on what to do for straps?

Try finding a tank top (your school will most likely require thicker straps) that is the same color as your drss and wear it under! Good luck, girl! xoxo
Bridget R.