13 HOURS AGO Stay sun savvy with 5 beauty buys for sun protection: http://t.co/Aq9qUPQ3nE

16 HOURS AGO Tone up #tabata style: http://t.co/lOFXLmg7ew

17 HOURS AGO Pretty up with the 20 best nail polish picks of all time: http://t.co/1GctxLQSKw

COMMENTS

How Do I Use a Tampon?

Where do I insert a tampon? I have not had my period yet but I do not want to ask my mom. Please help! -Tampon Troubles ...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have gymanastics later, and even though my period just ended (like the day before yesterday) i got it again!!!! Is that normal? Also, i dont have any pads/tampons in the house, my parents are at work. Help! I dont want to stain my undies!

Hey girl,

It might have slowed down but not been completely over yet. I would call your parents and ask what you should do -- maybe you could borrow one from a neighbor or friend close by.

Meghan D.

by Teddy.bear123 on 9/14/2012 7:06:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I really want to use tampons, because i swim, dance, skate, and do gymanastics. But i've alreay tried a couple of times and it still wont go in. When i try to insert it, it hits something, and it makes my 'down there' hurt a lot. What am i doing wrong? Is there a proper position your supposed to be in? Thanks

Hey girl, make sure you go at an angle when you put it in. That might solve the prob. Check out these articles for more advice. I think they might help. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/19/Tampon-trouble-It-still-hurts.aspx

Lauren I.

by Teddy.bear123 on 9/14/2012 1:40:46 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
PLEASE HELP! I'm scared
Yesterday i went biking with my friend, and we went over this big bump, and uhm my 'down there' started to hurt. And when i came home there was blood in my underwear. Its not my period though. Help what happened?

Hey! I can tell you want I think it is, but I also think you should talk to your doctor about it to be sure. I think your hymen may have broken. Don't worry, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. This happens once to most girls, and after it happens you don't need to do anything, you're fine. Wikipedia defines the hymen as a membrane that surrounds or partially covers the external vaginal opening. It forms part of the vulva, or external genitalia. It can tear during horseback riding, biking, like in your case, or a first experience with intercourse. There is a small amount of blood when it tears, but after that there's not much to worry about. I'd like to re-emphasize that I am not a doctor and am only giving my unprofessional opinion from the information you gave me. I hope this helps!

Helen S.

by swifty#1 on 9/8/2012 2:12:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I reccently got my first period, and i cant stand seeing the blood! It makes me feel sick and nauseous, is there any way to stop that? Thanks

Hey Teddy.bear123, mhmm you might just have to get over this one girly. You're going to have to see blood while you're on your period. But one thing that may help you is not to see the blood as gross and icky. Instead look at it as helpful to your body. Without bleeding your bod wouldn't be able to create a new lining for your stomach, since the old lining sheds with the flow of blood. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Teddy.bear123 on 9/6/2012 11:57:39 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
i've had my period for multiple years now (i don't remember exactly. i'm 15) and i've never used tampons. my mom doesn't like them because you have to put them in, you know, there. so i always use pads...but i've had spills plenty of times. i want to try tampons, but i seriously don't think my mom will let me, especially since i'd have to get a whole pack of them. what should i do?
thanks
katy

Hey chica! Talk to your mom about it with the facts: tampons are goo for sports, more comfortable (once you get used to them) and are safe if used the right way.  If you give her the low down on what you want, she might come around.  If not, you'll have to follow her rules until you don't live in your house anymore. God luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by katnip97 on 8/24/2012 1:11:54 PM

Mod mod mod ***
Ok i am thirteen and i started getting pubic hair about a little over a year ago. Like June of 2011. And i have had discharge for like a year now. But sometimes it like absorbed into my panties and there are a few tiny clumps Like super tiny is this normal? And also i have bigger boob then my sixteen and eighteen year old sisters. Is that normal? They wear 32a and i were 34a. And i get cramps do you think i will get my period soon?

Hey chica, that sounds like you might get your period soon. But it's hard to tell exactly when your period is gonna come. And don't worry about your discharge unless you're having other symptoms that might mean something is wrong. For now, sounds like you're totally normal.
Carrie R.

by cet on 8/8/2012 2:40:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! I'm going on vacation in a few weeks and we swim like every day!! My mom got me tampons but i'm too scared to put one in!! I tried once, and it like didn't go in at all! I'm scared that I won't be able to put one in, because I have to learn on the trip! Also, there's so much hair down there that I, uh, can't really find the place to put in in. help!!!

Hey babe,

Inserting a tampon can be a tricky thing, so it's totally okay that you didn't master it on the first try. I suggest trying again (using the tips in the article), but if you are too scared to do it, then don't do it! Not everyone is comfortable with tampons. Sure, it might put a damper on vacay plans, but it's more important that you're comfortable. Depending on how heavy or light your period is, you could still go swimming while wearing a pad. Or, just go wading while your body does its thing. Good luck!
Kelly G.

by hayde180 on 7/13/2012 1:02:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD!! Okay I'm thirteen and in a few weeks I'm doing swimming for a camp sort of thing - when my period is due.im freaking out because I can't put in a tampon.whenever I try it only goes half way up and if I try to push it it really hurts.what can I do?also if you swim with a tampon in I have heard it is possible that when you come out of the pool it can leak all of you?is this true?

Hey girl!

Tampons will not leak when you come out of the pool. Just make sure to change the tampon often so there's no risk of a leak. Tampons can be intimidating to use. There are directions in every box of tampons, so check those out. Also, you could ask your mom or a trusted friend for some tips.
Rachael A.

by Puredeadly on 7/2/2012 8:05:41 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! So I'm on a swim team and I really hate missing practice but I scared of using tampons. This is only the secound time i've had my period and I'm 13; should i wait until I'm older to use a tampon? Will it be really painful? Will i feel it inside me (yuck) while i'm swimming? One last thing; um why do people say you can only use a tampon after you've have sex?

Hey! That is not at all true. As long as you insert it correctly you shouldn't be able to feel any discomfort even when you swim!

Helen S.

by kwstorm22 on 6/18/2012 4:56:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Also, my period usually lasts for about 7 days which I think is kind of long and my period is sort of heavy.. Will my period always be that long? Or can it change to the regular 4 or 5 days? Help me!!!

Hey girlie,

7 days actually is totally normal! Most girls have a period that lasts about 5-8 days. But 3 day periods and 9 day periods are also common. Your period will change as you get older and can be affected by all sorts of things (like changes in stress or diet, for example) but there's nothing we can do to actually change it ourselves <3
Lauren C.