12 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

15 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

16 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

COMMENTS

Infant-Sitting 101

Get lots of infant-sitting gigs? Not sure how to keep ’em happy or whether you know the essentials? Chill out! Here’s your guide to everything...

yall im baby sitting 6 mounth old twins and it sometimes makes them happy if you talk to them.. one thing i say allot is if they r crying somthing like "ya? tell me all about it!" or just in general the twins like it! hope this works! Smile

by bree123 on 6/14/2011 1:11:50 AM

MOD:
Hello! I babysit for one of my nieghbors. They have a 3 and a half year old boy named McKinley. The mom is expecting and I am super excited and nervous at the same time! I had a bad expierence one time with McKinley. He tripped and fell and had blood coming out of his mouth and wouldnt stop crying no matter what i did! I am afraid of something like this happening again! What if I was carrying the baby and McKinley comes over and grabs my leg and I drop the baby?! How do i tell the parents? HELP!!!

Hey girlie, don't worry the best thing you can do is to try and stay calm

Paige T.

by 202haley on 1/9/2011 10:31:30 PM

MODMODMOD
I really want to buy something that is about $650. How do i earn the money fast without being greedy or self centered? Plz help!

When people ask you what you want for the holidays, tell them that you are saving up for something so you would like money. Also, you can ask your parents to do chores and such around the house to earn a little more money in allowance.

Lauren H.

by pebo11 on 11/26/2010 10:14:29 AM

i LOVE babies SO MUCH!!!

by swimmersweetie99 on 11/18/2010 8:58:16 PM

I am taking a babysitting course it is fun i am getting certified too and i think any1 that wants to baby sit and be prepared should take the course it makes me feel safer when i babysitt!!

by Bailey521787 on 11/15/2010 9:21:52 PM

Mod I dont get this my friend still has a babysitter and she hugs her at school and then says thats my babysitter I really want her to grow up but she thinks shes peter pan and thatshe is never going to grow up

Hey! everyone grows up at their own pace, you just have to let her.It can be embarrassing if you feel more mature than her, but you just have to decide if this is a big enough deal to you to distance herself from her. good luck!

Helen S.

by Jacklyn on 11/7/2010 2:13:54 PM

MOD people still call me a little kid and i hate it i already Know cpr for babies how to change a diaper and how to make formula and I'm getting certified next month. I really want to sit but theres no one in the area . Anything helps

Helen S.

by Jacklyn on 11/7/2010 2:03:35 PM

I babysit this one family I love them and I THINK they love me, I email them to offer different coupons and stuff but I haven't babysat for them in MONTHS, they're my best paying family and I need the money. I don't wanna ask them and be like, "hey do you guys not like me" but I really wanna know why I can't babysit for them.

by caitlingirl1997 on 10/31/2010 4:35:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
my mom and sister fight alot, and its over little things. today i hear yelling like usual and then my sister went for a walk, and didnt come back until my mom left for her date. about an hour ago, my sister comes downstairs with a bruise on her face and says its from my mom. my sister also lies alot. she didnt seem upset by the bruise, and she might have faked it. my mom has never hit my sister before either. they do fight alot and my sister doesnt respect my mom. idk what to do. ive been crying for the past hour because im scared and confused. im not sureexactly what happened, but if it was only one hit, once, is it still abuse or disipline?

Hey! I'm really sorry about this. A parent shouldn't hit their kid ever no matter what they call it. Even if your sister is lying you should all talk about it, because she and your mom have issues if your sister would lie about something like that. Remember if things get too intense you can get help here http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx Good luck and stay strong!

Helen S.

by kelkellkelly on 10/9/2010 8:00:03 PM

i'm not a babysitter, but i think you should try to make sure you have all the info on the child, like allergies, fears, bedtime, foods, etc. And be sure to have stuff planned to keep the child occupied. good luck

by rachelrox123 on 10/9/2010 6:37:39 PM