AN HOUR AGO "Why don't I like boys?" http://t.co/1iaz5r8cwE

3 HOURS AGO 5 toppings to put your pie game on fleek: http://t.co/yyT2wrIcRQ

15 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

COMMENTS

I can't lose weight

I am 13 years old, in 8th grade, five feet tall and overweight. It feels like I have tried EVERYTHING to lose weight and nothing...

my doctor just told me to count calories and exercise, um hi easier said than done!!!! what should I REALLY do???

Hey disneychik, I think it's more important to just exercise and eat healthy overall, versus counting every calorie. Add more fruits and veggies to your meals. Hit up Whole Foods for a whole range of healthy alternatives to tasty foods. I was just there shopping last week and they have everything (burgers, pizza, chicken). Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by disneychik on 6/11/2013 6:00:14 PM

I think I'm way too fat. I'm 13, 5'4 and about 99-100 lbs. I don't know if I'm anorexic or not; I never eat, even when I'm starving. My friends tell me to eat, but I end up lying and saying I'm not hungry even though i could eat a whole dinner meal right then and there. I feel disgusting and horrible when I do eat, and I've considered throwing it back up but i never do. Help?!

Hey peaceluvmusic, you just need to change your attitude towards food. Right now you aren't eating because you think the weight will make you more fat. Why can't the food just nourish your body? Why does it have to add pounds? So look at food as your friend that keeps you full. If you start to truly believe you can eat whatever you want and stay the size you want, you will be able to. Ever see people in nice shapes eating a lot of food but never gaining weight? It's because of their thoughts about food. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by peaceluvmusic on 11/8/2012 5:54:09 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I hate this stupid website. All it's about is '' Oh, you have to be under 70 pounds. You have to be a cheerleader. Oh, you don't like boys, you're crazy!!!'' Because of this stupid __________ website, you caused me to become anorexic. Are you happy??? All of your ''tips''. Don't eat fruit - fruit has sugar in it. Don't eat carbs or meat or protein. In fact, don't eat anything at all!!! I'm fighting for my life right now. You have no idea what I'm going through. You caused me to lose my dream. Because of this eating disorder, I no longer can be the elite gymnast I was. This stupid mistake of coming to this website is probably going to cost me my whole life. Do me a favor and never post another single thing again or else I will personally sue you. And I mean it. I was the number one elite gymnast in the country, and now my dream is slipping out of my clutch because I am anerexic. Because of you.

Hey girl,

Any time ANYONE posts an article/something online, it is read by lots of people - and it can be interpreted in many different ways. But the truth is, Girls Life LOVES healthy body images and promotes positive outlooks on life. We want girls to love taking care of their bodies, eating healthy, working out to keep their bodies in shape, having fun with clothes, and feeling confident with themselves. Our articles help girls to do just that - depending on what they need to work on to be better people (whether it's problems with jealousy, getting more involved in school, overcoming their fear of talking to guys, growing closer to their parents, doing better in classes, etc.), our articles have helped MANY MANY girls to do that. I'm really sorry you feel this way and have interpreted our articles differently, but anorexia is NOT the answer! We would never ever post an article that tells our readers to stop eating food, period. But we will also not stop posting articles that give our readers real information and opinions from qualified doctors about things that could be dangerous or foods that, in excess, can cause health problems. We're looking out for you, girl. You don't have to believe everything we write and you don't need to do EVERY single exercise we post/healthy suggestion we make, but we've helped a lot of girls with major problems they were having because we post these articles. Instead of blaming GL, please please please talk to someone about the issues you're facing. We DO have an idea what you're going through because we've been there - you need to talk to a trusted adult about what you feel when you look in the mirror, how you feel when you see food or eat food, and you need to accept help to overcome this <3 The point is not to deprive your body of food - it's to treat your body well by giving it the healthy, well-balanced fuel it needs <3
Lauren C.

by Sarah510 on 4/28/2012 10:02:58 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
Okay, I am 11 and weigh 86 pounds. I want to drop a few pounds, so I'm about down to 80. Are there any tips??? Like, I don't want to go on a diet I just want to cut down on calories and stuff.

Take a look here:

Jordan S.

by Sarah510 on 4/14/2012 5:06:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD Everyone seems to avoid me.I need my help now how do i lose weight
~g~

Colleen K.

by gracelulu555 on 4/9/2012 12:36:47 PM

this is an article about being over weight why are ur models so skinny Frown

Well they used stock photos most likely, so maybe there wasn't a more fitting one available?
Helen S.

by teenystarrz on 8/10/2011 5:22:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
Am I fat? I'm 12 years old and I weigh 108.... When the girls at school talk about weight, I say I don't know mind, because they are all 90 and all that and my weight makes me feel bad.

Hey!
just so ya know, girls’ bodies change  a ton during the teen years and
weight gain is normal and restricting your diet drastically won’t
actually help you lose weight. That being said I'm gonna direct you to
our fitness page for all our info on healthy living Smile

Helen S.

by pixie1599 on 6/29/2011 7:19:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
im soo self concious about my body! mainly my stomach. i will be honest its kinda pudgy and my mom said i will hit a growth spurt soon and it will go away but the problome is i really want it gona by this summer! what can i do? helpp

Hey girl, your mom has a valid point: your bod is changing so it's so important you take care of it and not deprive it of the nutrients it needs. The best way to feel your best in general, however, is to exercise and eat healthy.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by boycrazygirliegirl on 3/24/2011 9:32:03 PM

mod mod mod!
I am sooo self concious about my body Frown i feel like i am fat because all of my friends are skinnier than me. It has even gotten to a point where I am paranoid to eat in school because i'm scared people will see me. I even do that in my own house or out at a resteraunt. people say im not fat but i think i am Frown please help!

hey girlie!

The key to looking and feeling great is balancing a healthy diet and engaging in regular physical activity!  Don't compare yourself to other girls--everyone is beautiful in their own way.  Treat your body well and don't bash it with negative comments.  Embrace how you look and learn to appreciate your uniqueness Smile

Ruth S.

by pizzagirl4598 on 3/5/2011 11:15:25 PM

omg im exactly like you girl!!!!!!

by brookiecookie12 on 12/9/2010 10:25:13 PM