3 HOURS AGO Fresh ways to fab up your farm fruits and veggies: http://t.co/qKD3VLEa2m

6 HOURS AGO 5 adorbs gladiator sandals to gear up in: http://t.co/3JCSg00FV9

8 HOURS AGO LOL your way to flat abs with cute 'n' punny workout tanks: http://t.co/gbVy2dpG7Q

COMMENTS

Taking My Friendship Offline

I have a friend who I’ve known since first grade. We always hung out with each other up until third grade when we both moved...

MOD MOD MOD!!!! I talked to my immature friend, and calmly told her.I told her in the begining of the week, and I told her that just think about what I said, because I want to help you but I know what I said might sound harsh until you analyze it. Now she really is pissed at me, and my other friends hate it, so do I. Her immaturity has pushed her 3 friends away, and now she's trying to hang on, and I hate it. She didn't listen to what we said, and she said really awful things to me. I don't even want to be near her, but I know she just needs time to cool off. I just don't know if I can be friends with her after everything she said, and her not even caring about anything but herself. I have tons of other friends and now shes stalking me. She ruins my day now. WEhat should I do this started on monday??

Hey chica!  I would give her some time to calm down, but if her comments really hurt you than I think she should apologize. You were calmly trying to talk to her and for her to respond this way kind of shows some immaturity. Also, stalking you is definitely not a good way for her to handle the situation. If it continues I would talk to your mom or a guidance counselor because you should not be harrassed! Sorry you've had to go through this, but I hope my advice helps!

Caitlin F.

by spazzysarah on 1/26/2011 3:26:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
My best friend and I had a huge fight, and we both ended up unfriended each other and such online. She wrote me a letter saying how sorry she was so we became friends agian. But my mom is still mad at her and thinks that I am too. How should I tell her that we're friends agian without her judging me?

hey! don't worry what your mom thinks. calmly tell her that you guys have resolved your issues. That's really all you have to do Smile
Helen S.

by fatcat97 on 1/16/2011 1:20:19 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!
My old best friend is really nice, but shes really immiture! I have told her this many times and that "I would love to hang around her a lot more, but It makes it hard to when she asks so immiture, because that makes me feel as if i can't trust her with seious issues." she only has me, my friend marrissa and Lauren...And we all hate it that she acts immiture. She gets mad at any of us if we dont sit with her at lunch, and will just follow us cuz she doesnt have any other friends! We all were talking about telling her that we would spend more time with her if she was less immiture but we're afriad she'll think we are ganging up on her! How do we get her to be less immiture? How do we tell her this(for the millionth time)? Should I stay friends with her? should I spend time with my other friends instead? please help me!

Hey girl. Give it time--Don't end the friendship just because you are having a bit of trouble. Maybe she is having trouble with family and she needs you right now. Be honest with her and say you want her to act more her age about things because you know that she is mature deep down. Good luck!

Elizabeth P.

by spazzysarah on 12/21/2010 3:58:37 PM

thanks marie h!!!! you helped me big time <3

No problem!  I'm SO glad I could help.

Marie H.

by KMN21 on 12/21/2010 12:43:17 AM

mod mod mod! how do i spend time with other people when the girl im trying to get away from follows me and is in almost every single class and also on the same sport teams? she will actually hold on to my arm until i become her partner in something! help. thank you so much marie h! you rock! if you dont know the answer, i will just deal with her and hope she doesnt take it the wrong way and spread rumors! but thanks xoxoxoxoxo

The good news is, winter break is coming up.  You will have some time away from school, so maybe you can get some space then.  Being polite to her at school is a good idea, because you don't want to start drama.  But you don't have to go out of your way to be around her, either.  I would suggest talking to a counselor or another adult if you continue to have trouble. Sometimes they can be really helpful in coming up with solutions! Smile

Marie H.

by KMN21 on 12/21/2010 12:36:17 AM

mod mod mod! please help. i asked a question about my friend earlier on this page. you told me she needed alot of attention. but she doesnt need it she just wants it with no one else getting anything. how do i deal with that? also you told me she was in stress. but she is never in stress she is always 100% happy, and when she isnt she brings me down by blaming others. what can i do for the following questions? what do you do when your friend tries to be better than everyone else? what can you do seperate from her when she is super clingy??? and how do you take in that she gets whatever she wants when she wants because she is either the teachers pet, a begger, or because of her cuteness that you dont see in her??? thanks. p.s. thanks for helping even though they werent right for me.

Hey girl, I'm not sure what to tell ya.  If your friend is really like that, then she doesn't sound like someone you want to be around.  Maybe it's time to branch out and spend time with other people.  xoxo

Marie H.

by KMN21 on 12/21/2010 12:24:44 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod!!!!! what do you do when your friend tries to be better than everyone else? what can you do seperate from her when she is super clingy??? and how do you take in that she gets whatever she wants when she wants because she is either the teachers pet, a begger, or because of her cuteness that you dont see in her??? thanks.

Hey girl, Wow, those are tough questions!  It sounds like you are really frustrated with your friend right now.  If she seems like she's needing a lot of attention right now, it could be because of other stress going on in her life.  It sounds like she isn't feeling very confident.  If it's bugging you so much, though, maybe it's best to take a step a little breather and spend time with other friends over break.  xoxo

Marie H.

by KMN21 on 12/20/2010 11:40:40 PM

Hey girlies,
I think the asker should ask her to hang out! However, I'd make sure that it really IS her first. Here are some ways to SAFELY meet someone you've met online in real life:
1) Create an alternate email, and start emailing.
2) Create an iPod texting number, and text them there.
3) Swap photos-make sure they give you a photo FIRST. If you'd like, you can Photoshop your picture so that your skin is green, your eyes are red, or your hair is pink, until you start to trust them.
4) Facebook, Twitter, and Formspring are your FRIEND. Create a fake last name, though, and get to know them.
5) If you plan on calling them, you have to give them your cell number. Think carefully before doing this!
6) If you plan to Skype, make sure your parents meet your online friend and their parents. If they don't like them, stick to chatting on the site you met them on.
7) Finally, arrange to meet in a public place, with parents present.
Hope this helps,
Katani K.

by FashionGurlie on 12/14/2010 11:34:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I am kinda confused about my feelings between 2 guys. The are both my guy friends(oh great). Lets call one alex and the other john. Alex has been my friend since I was three. We are close and not close at the same time. It is partly because I don't get to see him in my classes this school year and that he doesn't have unlimited texting. He is a jokester and is cute and always knows how to cheer me up even if I want to just curl up and live in a whole. John and I have most of our elective classes together and he has texting. He is more serious and is more like me rather than the opposite, he though still knows how to make me happy. I tried making a list of pros and cons but they are even!! What do I do?

hey! close your eyes and imagine yourself dating one guy, if you have any regrets or hesitations it might mean you like the other one a little more Smile

Helen S.

by spazzysarah on 12/12/2010 4:03:02 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! im new to this website, and i wuz wondering if its normal for your comments not to show up....

Hey girlie! Your comments will show up a little after you post them. There's MOD's, like me, who go through all of the comments first to make sure they're safe for our site!

Marly Z.