23 MINUTES AGO Thanksgiving is official over—time to get started on these cute & cheap Christmas crafts: http://t.co/GK9eNSsGDn

3 HOURS AGO 4 things that could cause serious probs "down there" http://t.co/py0Tymr2JB

4 HOURS AGO The real reason your ex doesn't wanna be friends after the breakup: http://t.co/BQy2Q6DFT5

COMMENTS

First Period Prep

What are some signs that I’m going to start my period?

On the same day I posted that last message, I got my first Period!!!

Hey girl!

That's exciting news. Be sure to let your mom know so she can help you buy pads/tampons.

Good luck.

xo

Caroline C.

by coolkitty10 on 6/17/2013 12:31:40 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD
I have not started my period yet but recently, I've been wanting to eat nothing but junk food, its been for the past 2 days and my discharge is super duper heavy. Will I get my first period soon.
(p.s I get cramps and headaches sometimes. I have mood swings and i feel bloated but i hardly ever breakout)
Thx\

That sounds like some signs of your first period! If I were you I would prepare with some tampons and pads. You might be getting it soon! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by coolkitty10 on 6/16/2013 10:18:59 AM

I got my period about 2 hours ago and i have no idea how to keep track of when it will come or how many times a week ! I need some tips on how to keep track and stuff ! thanks !

by latj on 8/24/2011 4:48:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Okay, I haven't gotten my period yet, but I have had cramps for the last 3 days. I have been getting discharge for 2 years now. I started growing boobs 3 years ago. Am I going to get it soon?? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

All of those are signs that you're moving through puberty normally, but the cramps especially could be a major sign that your first period is CLOSE. Stay prepared with a pad at home/in your purse if you go out, just in case! It's not a guarantee, but it sounds pretty likely Smile
Lauren C.

by phoebeloren00 on 7/19/2011 12:39:11 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hi i was just wondering, can you feel your period when its happening?
Thanks!

Hey girl!

It kinda depends. If it's your first period, you'll probably know because you'll start feeling something down there that you haven't really felt before. If you're wearing a tampon, you probably won't feel it because the tampon soaks everything up. Hope that helps! x0x0
casey l.

by lazer!beam!22 on 6/16/2011 9:55:58 AM

I have had discharge for around 2 years now.
I have also had REALLY bad cramps for around a year.
I'm oversensitive ( as in I think they are mood swings )
I weigh much more than my friends, but I still look O.K I guess
This has been happening for a longgg time and I'm only 11. I don't know if it's natural or Sister Flo ( Haha Finding Nemo )is already on her way to pubic town. Please help me out and tell me if it is or not!! Thanks!

Hey girlie. You're along the path to getting it, but no one can tell you for sure when you're going to get it. You just have to be prepared for it. So keep a pad and tampon with you as much as possible.
Marly Z.

by sassygirlh20b on 4/18/2011 6:59:36 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
my friend just got her period and all of my friends who got theres think i'll get mine next but my doctor said in october that i'll get it next year. are doctors usually right? who is right? can on one really tell?

Hey girlie. Doctors can make estimates, but they can't tell you exactly when you'll get it. You will get it when you get it! So, be ready!
Marly Z.

by terri17 on 4/6/2011 6:40:26 PM

Havnt got my period yet and still waiting.. I have SUPER hairy legs and mom won't let me shave till it comes.. Super bummed.. So all of you who are bumed dont be.. I have to wear shorts for gym and I get made fun of all the time.

by lexmor98 on 3/29/2011 5:41:20 PM

i really want this answered cuz most of my things aren't. so can u feel your period when it's happening?

by kittielover518 on 3/27/2011 10:40:51 PM

omg i just had my period today im wearing a pad but it is very uncomfortable my mom is getting me a shorter pad i dont want to use a tampon though how can i ease my discomfort!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl,

Ugh... I hear ya! I use tampons now because pads were so annoying. Read our tips on how to make it a little less uncomfy during that time of the month!
Lauren C.