AN HOUR AGO 20 hair ideas we love! http://t.co/9tHTbYrlyx

16 HOURS AGO 20 tricks for squashing school stress: http://t.co/kUvA73dtXa

17 HOURS AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

COMMENTS

Should I Carry a Pad in My Purse?

I just went to the doctor, and he asked if I have my period yet. I said no—I'm only 10 years old! He said I will probably...

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod MOD!
So I just got my period. Well, I'm a dancer and we just started doing fouettes. My mom won't let me wear tampons. What am I supposed to do?!

Hey babe,

I'll bet your dance practice isn't too long, so try changing your pad right before practice and using a regular sized pad. That way, it won't be SUPER noticeable. You could also try wearing a pair of shorts over your spandex during your period, so the pad isn't right there "sticking out." But after some time passes, if you're still uncomfy it might be worth it to talk to mom again about tampons. You don't wanna annoy her, but you can totally tell her that you feel embarrassed that your pad isn't hiding at all under your dance leotard - even show her what it looks like. Tell her you're mature enough to start using tampons and really, really hope she sees your side. Be mature and don't get overly emotional if she doesn't agree...but definitely show her how your life will improve if you can use them!
Lauren C.

by primaonpointe on 1/13/2012 8:57:20 PM

@ vintagestyle
if u have spotting, ur most likely going to get ur period within a couple months, every one is different tho, ik u have probly heard u get ur period at the same age ur mom got hers, but thts not tru at all, my mom was 14, and my sis got hers wen she was 12, im 12 and i get cramps all the time so im probly gonna get mine the same time my sis did, if u start to get cramps below ur bellybutton, tell ur mom, shell probly hav just wat u need (pantiliner/pads) and if u still get spotting, u shood probly ask ur mom if u can get pantiliners or borrow sum of hers bcuz it stinks having to throw away 20 pairs of undies just cuz of spotting, and wen school starts store a couple pads in ur bag or locker just to be safe, good luck!

by guitargirl7321 on 8/10/2011 6:29:53 PM

WHAT TO DO?!. im almost 10 and had my spot when will my period come my mom had at 13! please talk back!

by vintagestyle on 5/5/2011 8:41:25 PM

at school i always feel like i am peeing on myself and when i go to check its discharge and its feels like my period. i told my mom and she is going to call my doctor. should i be worried?!?!

by lovergirl0987 on 4/15/2011 10:12:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD...! (:
Whats spotting?
And every time I think I have my period its discharge! What does having your period feel like? Do you have to have cramps before period(s)? All my sisters had there period at age 12. Except my mom, she had her period at 15. Could I have my period at 12?
( My sisters had a different dad could that be a reason I wouldn't get my period at 12?)
P.S FIVE questions answer all please

1. Spotting refers to very light vaginal bleeding.

2. I'm not 100% sure what you mean by what it feels like.

3. Some people have cramps, while others do not.

4. No one can tell when you will have your period -- only time will time.

5. Ones paternity has nothing to do with your period--everyone is different.
Brittany G.

by LoveHappens on 4/1/2011 9:30:48 PM

mod mod mod mod
i lie to my friends that i have a peroid but my stomach is hurting now and im always mad a little things like pencils and i throw things at the wall and my head is hurting know is that a sign of a peroid and i am 10 years old and i carry a pad with me am i prepared?

Hey! You sound prepared to me Smile

Helen S.

by massieblockfan on 4/1/2011 5:51:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got my period and I am only 10!!! Is this normal????

Hey girlie! Yes, we all get our periods at different times! Smile
Ruth S.

by ebh123 on 3/19/2011 11:00:44 PM

Mod I haven't gotten my period yet but I have been having bloating spotting and a few cramps do you recomend me taking a pad to basketball practice? I wear pantyliners because I have soo much discharge!!

Hey girl! Yes, I think it is always a good idea to be prepared in case mother flow comes your way which it sounds like it is! XOXO

Blaine D.

by bball41baby on 1/18/2011 8:11:19 AM

MOD MOD!! Is there a minimum times you should change your pad every day? I usually have light periods and only use about 2 or 3 pads a day. I have heard that u can get infections if u dont change it often. Please help. ThanksSmile

Hey girlie,

Even if your periods are light, you should still aim to change your pads every 4-5 hours to stay clean and healthy Smile

Lauren C.

by daughtry60763 on 1/17/2011 4:46:47 PM

Mod mod mod
is spotting a sign that your period is coming soon
I know that you can't tell exactly but does that usually mean that your period is close?
I haven't started but I have all the signs and I am 14
thank you so much!!(:

Hey chickie,

While all of the signs of puberty (boobs, hair, etc.) are also signs that your period is coming, I'd say that spotting/cramps are the surest signs that your period is on its way. Like you said though, you can't tell exactly when it's gonna come, so just be prepared and try to relax before the big day arrives Smile

Lauren C.