1 HOURS AGO Get up & be active with your BFF this fall w/ these fab and festive fall activities!: http://t.co/sIdZZkduFe

3 HOURS AGO Who wants to play a game where you shoot tampons at your enemies instead of guns?! Yeah, we thought so: http://t.co/sCksTtQJm1

3 HOURS AGO Wake up your water—and score a major health boost—with these delish additions: http://t.co/uato2GGfWE #recipes

COMMENTS

Totally True Tales of Terror

We asked, you spilled all. Here are four freaky stories about real-life brushes with the supernatural from GL readers just like you.

The other day last month, I was in my room, and my mom was in her room, dead asleep (she was alive, just in a reaally deep sleep.). So my mimi was downstairs in her room, and she can't come upstairs because of her health. My closet was closed, and the light was off, and the room was spotless. I put my flip flops by my door, and left the room to go to the bathroom across the hall. Ididn't hear any footsteps,let alone my door open (you have to push it extra t close it all the way). So anyways, I go back into my room, my closet door is open, the light is on in the closet, and a cinderella doll is on my little sister's bed (me and her share a room). One of my flip flops was next to my bed, and the other one was by m sister's bed. I went to check in my mom's room, thinking it was her sleep-walking. Her door was still shut all the way, and she was still in the same position as she was when I first checked, and her sheets hadn't moved. She stayed home that day becuase she was sick.

by happyone123 on 10/7/2012 5:57:11 PM

One time I was layin on my moms baed at night. My two dogs were at the edge of the bed relaxed, and and my mom was in her bathroom (right next to her bedroom.) I was just lookin outside my moms door ( right outside her room is this big hallway with a high ceiling) and i saw the bottom of a shadowy figure and one of my dogs saw it too. He looked up and his ears were up too. My sister was with her friend on vacay and we were the only two people in the house. I was really creeped out and didnt tell my mom until the day after this happened.

by dramagal2222 on 10/15/2011 4:12:45 PM

Wow even the stories in the comments are scary! Anywayz, like, a long time ago one of my friends said she went to one of HER friends house (i dont kno her) for a sleepovr and i think it wuz in the middle of the night er sumthing but she woke up and she said she saw this black shadowy figure standing in the dorrway. She wuz directly across frum the doorway so it wuz like FREEEAKY! I dunno wut she did i guess she fell bak asleep but nuthing els happend aftr that....O_O

by GLgyrl10 on 11/26/2010 1:51:54 PM

Woa! I absolutely LOVE ghost stories! I'm not saying they're not real and i'm not saying i dont believ in ghosts, ive just nevr had an experienc with one so i cant say i DO believ but also cant say i DONT believ. Anywayz i luv the story about the shower that turned on by itself the best Smile

by GLgyrl10 on 11/26/2010 1:26:44 PM

this is not that scary and it may seem stupid but ill tell you anyway a couple days ago i was cleaning my room and my calculator was on my nightstand and that is what i was cleaning and all of a sudden it turned itself on and put 5.000000000 then it erased all of that off itself then just put 555 and just stayed there so i went on with my life turned it off and started cleaning my chair then yesterday i noticed i forgot to put it up and it was on again so i turned it of but it turend back on this happened like 8 times before i was like forget it and turned it of 1 more time and put it away

by daddysgurl on 11/24/2010 2:57:34 PM

Hey guys! I'm Veronica form Betty and Veronica Music. We're just on youtube right now, but we'd really appraciate it if you checked us out!

by twister12 on 11/21/2010 2:14:25 PM

creeepy

by metrostation3xx on 11/18/2010 7:22:02 PM

My next door neighbor passed away early this year (drug abuse and such). My mom and I have always felt like she was still alive, and it was kinda creepy. One night we were sitting outside. I look at her house and I see the porch light on (which was nothing new). It all came crashing down, like she had just died rather than died a few months ago. "She's gone," I told my mom, and right then I heard footsteps (it was probably the neighors taking out the trash, though). "Michelle, are you here?" I called, and there was a sudden cold wind despite the fact it was September in Califonia. I walked to her house, the whole time my heart hammering in my chest, and it was almost 10 degrees colder right beyond the boundary of our house and hers! My mom also says that sometimes, at night, she hears her dogs barking. And when there was an open house, a neighbor of ours said it didn't feel like she was dead.
Becca G.

by mangoagogo on 11/14/2010 8:28:47 PM

this is freakay creepay!

by kirklin22 on 11/14/2010 4:36:20 PM

suoer creepy!

by kirklin22 on 11/14/2010 4:35:29 PM

PLZZZZZZ CHECK MY PROFILE AND MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!!!!! judypin

by superstar1554 on 11/13/2010 8:44:47 PM

PLZZZZZZ CHECK MY PROFILE AND MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!!!!! judypin

by superstar1554 on 11/13/2010 8:39:44 PM

Something really scary happened to me! It nearly gave me a heart attack! Alright so it must've been around midnight because I woke up and it was really dark inside of my room. My room is usually pitch black at night (im not kidding its literally pitch black), but I saw a soft glowing light near the edge of my bed. I turned my head slightly and saw a large robed figure standing right next to my bed. It was standing still and I kept staring at it for what felt like forever! I quickly got the courage to turn on my light (which is right next to my bed). I turned back to the spot where the figure was standing, but it was gone. I swear my heart was beating like 200 beats per minute (thats a lot of beats! The max of beats for a girl my age is 208!)!!!

by Dreamcatcher on 11/13/2010 5:15:39 PM

I got a creepy story.

One time, me and my cousin were riding our bikes by this house that was for "sale". It was sale for like 5 years. Everyone starts to call it haunted, and we wanted to see for ourselves. We began to look, and the house was in bad condition, and stuff. We came back half an hour later because she forgot her jacket, and we felt the wind blow really hard, and then soft whispering, we couldn't make out. And on the driveway was a crack that was not there when we there the first time! It was so creepy! We grabbed her jacket and practically rode our bikes far away so fast we thought our chains would break. Then couple weeks later; THE HOUSE ACTUALLY SOLD. Most of the crack, is gone! This Halloween as I was passing by I heard the soft whispering and I swore something moved.

by LikeeaG6 on 11/11/2010 5:36:59 PM

My stories aren't that creepy compared to those, but I'll write them anyway. My closet has a loose latch, so every night I make SURE I put a rubber band around the handles so it will stay closed. One morning I woke up and my closet was wide open with the rubber band on the floor. Also, last night I dropped my bookbag at the foot of my bed, but when I woke up this morning it was across the room. And sometimes at night I can hear faint music, almost like a lullaby, while I'm trying to fall asleep. I've asked my family about the music and none of them say they play or hear music at night. 0_o Plus I've experienced other things moving around and items disappearing.

by SquishyKitty on 11/4/2010 3:07:17 PM

I'm staying home and not trick or treating this year (it's kinda weird not to go), What are some fun things I could do at home for Halloween with my rents?

Hey girlie, you could watch Halloween movies or have a game night and give candy to trick-or-treaters.

Lauren T.

by skichick95 on 10/31/2010 10:18:01 PM

omg ithink the shower one will be a little too creepy for my sleepover is it?

by pandalove on 10/31/2010 4:24:02 PM

oh and i keep losin my things...my brush has been gone for about 3weeks. i lost my key,phone,wallet, and i think my mp3 player bu i found these....... i think sumthing triying to make me go crazy. well it's starting to work 4%

by DestinyL1999 on 10/31/2010 2:59:26 PM

2 Scary (true!) Stories:
1) So my best friend and I are practically sisters. I mean, we can finish each others sentences without a second thought. Being such good friends with her, I have kind of been "adopted" as the eldest sister by her little siblings. One day in the car, her little brother (who's SO adorable) starts to cry. When I ask him why, he starts grappling at the window trying to get out, gasping "The ghosts want to play! I WANT TO PLAY!" he also sometimes goes on about twisted things and calmly tells us the"ghosts told him about it" when we asked who the ghosts were, he said they were from Omaha and they followed him home. Yea, don't really know why he said Omaha but it's still crazy as heck.
2) So my best guy friend's little sis was swimming with us at a pool party. We were talking about "shadow ghosts" when she went white, questioning her, she said that for as long as she remembers, a black figure has stood over her bed while she sleeps. O.O CREEPY! She's eight.

by vintage456 on 10/31/2010 2:48:07 PM

Well wen i was in firstgrde, i saw my Grandam Flo. she sed she misses me and loves me very much. the next mrnin i asked my Nanny(grandma)"Who's Grandma Flo?". she died wen i was 3 or 4! maybe even 2!

by DestinyL1999 on 10/31/2010 2:47:06 PM

i have this weird thing, and i can hear things that freak me out, like i can hear kids laughing. it super weird, and like i can be in the middle of class and i can hear children laugh and giggling, and i look around and everyones studying and it freaks me out.

by charliethedancer on 10/31/2010 12:12:01 AM

omg on the day of my great grandmas death(a yr later) we was making bananana pancakes because she loved them then our dad called us to see something and when we came back, the milk was on the counter flipping its top. and when we woke up next morning somehow she was all in our dreams saying i can see you can you see me?? weird ...

by Kikikim8 on 10/30/2010 11:38:01 PM

I love creepy stuff like this!!!! It gives some people nightmares(my sis), but as long as i'm just reading it, i'm good...

by Butterfly_Lover on 10/30/2010 6:57:24 PM

oo i kind of have a scary story!!Well when i was little my mom was convinced that i saw dead people...weird.Ok anyways so one day my mom was doin the bills or sumthin and i was sitting on the floor.Now i hav an older brother that likes 2 tease and scare me.So i started 2 cry and i was like "Mom tell the boy to stop scaring me!" and i was pointing under the table and my mom thought it was my bro but he was in the other room with the door closed playing on the computer, and no one was under the table.But i was only like 4 or 5 sooo idk but it's still kinda cool/freaky!lol

by Apples2 on 10/30/2010 6:49:28 PM

I have a few freaky stories. Well this is months after my grandma had passed away. So one day my mom mom was watching tv and then she had to go somewhere so she turned off the tv and then she went to the bathroom. When she came out the tv was turned back on and it was on disney channel and nobody else was home. The next story is one day my mom was sitting in the kitchen doing the bills my dad was downstairs in the family room watching tv I was on the computer in the family room and I forget where my little sister was. Then in the living room the blinds started to move. Usually people would think that the air conditioning or heat would be on but neither of them were on the blinds were moving by themselves. So those freak my out but we just think it was my grandma. Now whenever something freaky goes on we just blame her.

by musiclover95 on 10/30/2010 6:40:11 PM

I HAVE A SCARY STORY!!!
when i was littler, my grandpa died. not too long after that i was in my basement and all the lights were off except for the t.v. i felt like i was being watched and i wanted to go upstairs really badly. i was facing away from the stairs and when i turned around i SWEAR i saw my grandpas ghost. NOT EVEN KIDDING YOU! he was standing by the stairs and i was really freaked out. he was probably coming to say goodbye or check on me or something. but around the same time, my dad (my grandpa was my dads dad) was dreaming and all of a sudden my grandpa comes into his dream and says goodbye. scaryyyy!!!! other really creepy things have happened at my house too. my house is only like 10 years old too.

by FrenchHornPlayer1 on 10/30/2010 6:32:13 PM

Man, this is awesome! I am very interested in the paranormal and I love storys like these! A lot of stuff like that happens in my house. I think my parents bathroom is haunted by what appears to be a little girl.

by darkduck12 on 10/30/2010 6:08:41 PM

mod ok so we had a halloween party on friday and everyone was supposed to weir their costume. i wore mine and everyone said that i looked like hannah montana. wat should i do? should i just change my outfit completely and b someone else or should i just change/add things to my costume to make it look more like a hippie.

Hey chicky, if you want to look more like a hippie, than I would change a few things. You could part your hair down the middle and tie something around your head like hippies used to do. If you have anything tie dye throw that on to. Wear some bell bottoms and if you can cut holes on the knees. Sandals and bracelets would complete the look. Smile

Lynae P.

by kaidenlefty41699 on 10/30/2010 5:55:31 PM

the shower one was creepy!!!!!

by sparrowchavez on 10/30/2010 5:17:53 PM

(P.S my mom was driving me)

by gjg99 on 10/30/2010 4:37:33 PM

Creepy. I have 1 2. So me and my family just got the keys 2 a new house and we were all pitching in 2 clean it. Then when i went into the house by myself a doorknob started shacking and i never even opened the door. I went and told my dad and he opened it for me and nothing out of the usual was in there. And while i was driving to the house (without my little brother)I kept seeing him in the backseat.

by gjg99 on 10/30/2010 4:28:34 PM

one night i was having trouble sleeping. i opened my eyes and looked at my door. it was wide open but i had shut it that night. and there was this siloute of a really tall man with curly hair. he didnt look anything like any of my relatives. i shut my eyes and tried to scream but nothing came outof my mouth. when i opened my eyes again he wasnt there. i have seen a person who looks like that walking around my neighboorhood. one day i saw him staring into my window

by trigirl935 on 10/30/2010 4:26:34 PM

one time me and my two neighboors were over at my house. we were looking at funny videos on youtube. then the lights went off in my room. and the light from my laptop was shining on the face of this really creepy clown piggy bank i used to have when i was little. we ran downstairs but none of the other lights in the house had gone off so it wasnt a power outtage. all of us were at least 10 feet away from the light switch so none of us could have turned the lights off. and the scariest part of it all. i gave that piggy bank away over 2 years ago

by trigirl935 on 10/30/2010 4:03:57 PM

creepy! I have one.
so my house has 5 graves in the side of my yard of a family who lived in the late 1800's. One of the graves is of the family's son who died at a yong age. Once when I was like 8 my friend and I knocked over the gravestone. The graves are kind of hidden in a bunch of trees that fill up half my yard. About a month later my friends and I were playing that part of my yard at night, but we got this wierd feeling and went to bed. The next morning [I was the first one awake] I let out my dog and followed him into the cemetary. when I went out there-I screamed. THE GRAVE WAS TURNED RIGTSIDE UP!!!

by batlover45 on 10/30/2010 4:03:21 PM

thats freaking creepy!! one time i was going to sleep and i would close my eyes then all of a sudden i would hear someone screamming like really loud!and i opened my eyes and it stopped i looked out my window and there was nothing there. i closed my eyes to try to fall asleep again and the same thing happended so i told my step mom and she said she didnt hear anything. after that i was freaking out but i didnt hear it after i told her.

by sportscutie14 on 10/30/2010 3:34:32 PM

All of these sound really creepy. They're like my house cause i had an old doll and she fell apart so any time i would go back to my desk the doll hand was there after i had already thrown it in the closet. And once when my sis's friend was over fo the night and was curled up on the bed, we found her the next morning curled up blankets and pillows by the closet. Creepier she doesnt even know how she got there.

by blackveilbridesfreak9805 on 10/30/2010 3:27:56 PM

my cousins aunt and uncle were remodeling their new house by a lake when the lights started to turn on and off in the middle of the night and things like that. then the husband and a guy who was helping them were moving out the bathtub when it slipped out of the husbands hands and wouldve crushed the helper, but it was just suspended in midair. the wife, who was taking pics of the remodel got some pics and theres a blurry area and two green eyes. so they asked if anyone had died there and an 8 year old boy who used to live in the house had drowned in the lake. they still c him sometimes like when theyre coming home they see the blinds pulled back with nothing holding them there and it doesnt even bother them anymore

by lipglosslady on 10/30/2010 3:20:44 PM

h and whenever im home alone i hear this noise like a mouse and it sonds like its getting coser and closer but i only hear it when im home alone

by mrstetera on 10/30/2010 2:59:19 PM

1 time i wuz having trouble gong 2 sleep and i wuz like sort of half awake and i heard a knocking noise coming from my closet it kept getting louder and louder and right when i opened my eyes it just stopped. i dont know of it was actually there or not cuz i wuz like half asleep but i still wuz realli creeped out so i went 2 go sleep in my sisters room.

by mrstetera on 10/30/2010 2:56:59 PM

Weird stuff happens in my ALL the time. It can be kinda fun. Sometimes. The other night something so weird that my sisters boyfriend won't come over after dark and he won't even talk about what happened.
Comment on my profile if you wanna hear some of the stories!

by yellowducky2713 on 10/30/2010 2:28:49 PM

some of these r creepy, i had an expirience like that. i was at a pals house and they have a creepy nut craker doll with a tiny plastic sword. so we put it on the nitestand and slept and when we woke up it was by the door! my pal put it back and the plastic knife fell under the bed. we left the room and the doll was under the bed next to the knife!!!!!! my pal got freaked and threw it down the stairs and its head broke off. we watched it and it just layed there. but then we looked away and looked back and the head was back on him. my pal threw him away but then she found him under the bed with the plastic knife again. so she got rlly scared and threw it away again into the dumpster we dont know what happened to the doll but we think it was a creepy alive murderous one!

by readerhi1234 on 10/30/2010 1:18:06 PM

oh my gosh.
I was sitting at the computer (kinda like iloveed97's story)and i was home alone and nothing was on... just the rain was pattering on my window. then everthing got super silent. No noise was on before this but it was just really quiet. and you know how people say the scilence is so loud. that is how i felt... it was so quiet it was loud

by <3luvlife<3 on 10/30/2010 1:15:07 PM

I've had ghost experiences in my house too. Once, in my room a few years ago, I was laying in bed and I heard my dad's voice say "Hi Leah" but my parents are divorced so he wasn't actually there. btw Leah is my first name. Then a couple years ago, I heard a voice say my name and I freaked out.

-Leah

by NerdyCat on 10/30/2010 12:45:29 PM

Our house isn't even that old either, usually strange things happen in really old houses!

by LuckyDucky14 on 10/30/2010 12:35:31 PM

Oh my gosh, something creepy just happened to me a few days ago! I was in my room at like 10:30 at night about to go to bed when I heard what sounded like a little girl singing a legit mixture of warm ups that we do in choir. I thought it was my little sister so I went into her room (My room, my brothers room, and my sisters room are all on the same floor fairly close to each other) to tell her to stop, but she was sound asleep. I went into my little brother's room to see if it was him but he was sound asleep too. When I got back into bed I didn't hear anything for the rest of the night. But then a few days later in choir, the sopranos were singing (I'm an alto) and when they were done our director goes "did anyone else hear a strange sound while they were singing? Like a folder draging on the floor?" He then uses his foot to drag a choir folder on the floor and it sounded EXACTLY like the noise we heard! Everyone nodded, but I was freaking out inside! I'm still kinda freaked out!

by LuckyDucky14 on 10/30/2010 12:34:41 PM

freaky. I have a story myself. 1 day, I was sitting at the computer (like I am now) and I felt like someone was watching me from behind. Like, it was a really strong feeling. I turned around, but no one was there. I wasn't facing an open window, my parents were at work, and my older brother was asleep. I continued doing what I was doing, but that feeling still lingered. then, a couple days b4 skool started, I was at a pool party with my 3 closest friends, and the 1 whose house I was at has a small empty space of woods called th "Enchanted Forest." we went in there, hung out a bit, and went back to the pool.now, they have a swing hanging from a big tree in the middle, and the 2 ropes that hold the swing up are tied in a knot at the bottom. when we came back later, the knot was untied. nobody had been in there after us. O_O

by iloveed97 on 10/30/2010 12:20:55 PM

MOD! PLZ HELP ME!
my mom won't let me get Girl's Life mag, and I REALLY want it! She says its not good for me to be reading stuff about hair and makeup and boys, and that im too young for this stuff. but im not! i love your site and i check out ur mag from the library whenever i can, and one of my friends gave me an old issue and i couldn't stop reading it. what should i do? im 13, and im tired of little kid mags!

Hey girl,

There's not much you can do except talk to your mom. Be very grown-up and polite in asking her, but ask her about subscribing to Girls' Life again and explain why you want to read it. You can talk about how the features in the mag are the kinds of topics you are interested in and explain why you aren't too young. Rather than just telling her that you are the right age, give reasons of your maturity and how you are responsible. You shouldn't be sneaking behind her back to read it, either, though, because you and your mom should be able to trust eachother and you should follow her guidelines. If she hasn't seen a copy, ask if you could bring her an issue and show her that you feel it is appropriate for someone your age.

Vanessa J.

by i♥drama on 10/30/2010 12:02:17 PM

OMG ITS SOO FREAKY!!!! IM HOME ALONE!!!! I'm the only one here in my house. Im probably gonna be creeped out if i hear noises. I think i might have to carry a baseball bat until my mom get home from work!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!! CHECK OUT MY PROFILE AND TELL ME YOUR HALLOWEEN COSTUME!!! I WANNA HEAR FROM YOU!! Smile COMMENT NOW AND CHECK OUT MY PROFILE!!! Smile
xoxo,
Amanda

PS- If you need any advice with halloween, friends, boys, makeup, hair, or anything else... JUST ASK ME AND COMMENT UR QUESTION ON MY PROFILE!! Im happy to help. LOVE YA GIRLIESSSS!

by ashjoka on 10/30/2010 11:12:58 AM

scary!!!!!!!

by rainbowsparkle98 on 10/30/2010 11:12:01 AM

creepy..

this also proves my point that not all ghost are bad.

by aqua girl on 10/30/2010 11:11:42 AM

Weirder things have happenned... does anyone want to hear my story about a demented ferby????

by stephrika on 10/30/2010 11:07:49 AM

hey guys!
need advice???
My names Jodi and all my friends tell me that I'm really great on giving advice on ANYTHING so if you need any, please post a comment on my profile (telling me your problem) and I will write back ASAP!

_jodij123

by jodij123 on 10/30/2010 10:42:48 AM

hey guys!
Need advice???
My name is Jodi and all my friends say that I'm really good at giving advice. so if you need ANY advice, please post a comment on my profile (telling me your problem) and I will write back ASAP!

-jodi123

by jodij123 on 10/30/2010 10:38:33 AM

i am freaking out
did u know that i'm the only peson awake in my house right now?

by ugogirl123 on 10/30/2010 10:33:56 AM

omg wierd things used to happen in my old house too! the couple who used to live in there were really wealthy and suddenly the woman just died.. so there were always wierd things going on! like shadows that didn't belong to anyone else, and faucets that start to run, and often things went missing from my mom's closet..

by dancer10196 on 10/30/2010 10:23:49 AM

Holy canolini!! Those are freaky especially that last one!!

by twlighter4ever on 10/30/2010 9:46:37 AM

Cool beans! I love 'em! Happy Halloween, I am going as SNOOPY!
My advice to you: make your costume, you'd be surprised if I told you how easy to make ur own costume, go for it girlie!

P.S. If you think a chain email is scary , don't send it please
if ur freaked out dont make somebody else freak out (:

by colorqueen101 on 10/30/2010 9:11:13 AM

The last story about the shower and the little boy is really creepy. I will never buy a really old house cause I don't want any weird things to happen like in these stories.

by kathy4563 on 10/30/2010 9:11:12 AM