6 HOURS AGO Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/5YPicHugUv

7 HOURS AGO Find out your body confidence: #GLQuizzes http://t.co/rxV4mmtlqo

8 HOURS AGO Keep those brows in check! Follow these tricks on how to keep up with them: http://t.co/MaRLHigakT

COMMENTS

A distant kiss

I recently had my first kiss. The problem is that it took place at a family reunion.

I have a crush in my cousin Daniel

by Charlotte12sky4 on 12/10/2011 1:01:42 PM

I had a cousin who started to date a guy, and they went to church together one morning and started talking about their families, and found out they were distantly related. She was like "Yep. There goes that relationship"

by LRM15 on 12/3/2011 4:41:21 PM

Im kinda ticked ay one of my guy friends. He told me yesterday that he's going out with my ex-bff/bully. I had to switch schools because of her, and now he's dating her? It's stupid because he used to say stuff about her to try and cheer me up. I honestly don't know what to do. Any thoughts?

by mags2319 on 11/6/2011 12:23:46 AM

I had my first kiss when I was young (4 or 5) but it was just a preschool friend

by PuppyCT on 7/23/2011 12:46:31 PM

that sucks! i hate it when you like a guy but he thinks that you cant be together bc of relations w/ family members in the past. as long as its distant i dont see the problem.

by nailslnn on 6/17/2011 9:57:01 PM

my first kiss was one of the best moments of my life. I love the guy so much everytime i think about it i feel like i mite die! i was so happy after it happened i turned around and fell down! he laughted (not in a mean way) cuz he knew how much i liked him and i blushed. well watevs. luv him 4eva!

by dontbafraid2luv on 3/29/2011 5:05:50 PM

My crush asked me if I liked him? Since he asked does he like me? Should I ask him to sit with me at our school's movie trip? I need answers! Please answer ASAP!!!!! I need to know by February 9th please!

by ecl.jellybean13 on 1/19/2011 11:09:03 PM

for all yall know that guy could be rude but u cant judge them hes not hot because its on the outside Smile

by <3 beingfat on 1/18/2011 7:44:43 PM

So over the summer i Kissed a guy!!! IT was my first kiss..but there is a twist...Our families are really close and it would be awquard if my parents or his parents found out! He lives in another town so dating isn't really an option. We kissed at like 4 a.m. after everyone was asleep. I kinda want to forget that it happpened but I see him and his family every once in a while and it is awquard.I tell my mom like everything but this is like my big secret!! What should I do?

by Creative1 on 1/13/2011 8:12:19 PM

I dont think there is nothing wrong with it because my 5th cousin by marriage has a crush on me i dont really care but its starting to get on my nerves

by rhodesfan1 on 1/12/2011 10:29:14 AM

if any one needs help go to my profile.

by Ndadgirl on 1/9/2011 2:57:01 PM

that dude in the picture is hot!

by Ndadgirl on 1/9/2011 2:50:04 PM

that guy is HOT!

by lindseyd9 on 1/2/2011 7:43:37 PM

i mean congrats on your first kiss. now your ready for the next one! just not from your cousin.

by artz/craftz on 1/2/2011 7:38:52 PM

its just a kiss, don't freak. i don't recomend doing that again but if your just related by marrige its no big deal. if you see him again just be polite but dont flirt. just move on.
it was just one kiss. its over.

by artz/craftz on 1/2/2011 7:35:39 PM

Ok can i just say tht the guy in tht pic is HOT!!!!! Mann i wish i was her!!!

by babysa511 on 1/2/2011 2:29:50 PM

settle down. if he is just related by marriage, then it is fine. you shouldn't be all upset.

by Ssunshine13 on 1/1/2011 6:52:39 PM

No affence but that is kinda sick

by AvaAva23 on 12/31/2010 11:57:11 AM

I've been there before. Just move on- it's not like y'all were meant for eachother it was a simple kiss nothing to get yourself worked up over

by Iloveyouahole on 12/23/2010 12:10:44 PM

***OMG IS IT ME OR IS THAT SAM AND QUINN FROM GLEE?!?!?!***

I was reading the comments and thought hmmmmm... I looked at the picture a little closer and it totally looks like them! RIGHT?!?! Maybe I'm wrong they look kinda different but I don't know! What do you guys think?

by Castiel4 on 12/18/2010 10:01:54 PM

just let your self off the hook girl! its ok. things CAN happen like that...

by susper on 12/18/2010 1:24:33 PM

he is totaly hot hey just move on find a new guy next time you see him keep him away from your lips and your good LOL

by alaina978978 on 12/13/2010 11:44:28 PM

hey, its ok, don't be ashamed forgive yourself and find someone equally as awesome...but totally unrelated Smile

by DiscoNinja on 12/13/2010 7:43:08 PM

so can i just say the guy in that picture is really really hott!!

by Kristin95 on 12/13/2010 6:24:27 PM

The guy in the pic is hot.

by grace2985 on 12/13/2010 5:44:43 PM

as arlready stated i like my VERY distant cousin and should I just forget it??

by reeses150 on 12/11/2010 10:55:23 AM

I have the same problem except his aunt married my uncle and he goes to my school. in fact hes in my class. I like him but I'm not sure if he likes me. one of my friends keeps bugging him about it.

by reeses150 on 12/11/2010 10:33:33 AM

im sorry but wheter ur 4 or 10 cousins ur still cousins and tht is nasty

by kutie12 on 12/10/2010 9:23:35 PM

Mod
I know ur swamped but I need advice!!!!!!! So this guy I've liked for a while we talk..... We recently talked and he said do u like me I lied and said no. And he's like oh and I said who do u like and he says well ..... And someone else that I'm not telling. Then we got in an arguement the next day because his cousin started calling me swears cuz I told him I don't want to be called s..y. And so liken mom and I got in a fight about me getting a b- on a test and people new I was crying and he said he was sorry cuz he thought it was him. Yesterday we watched a CID in science he moved his chair next to me we went back to seats he sat on a half of mine. Today he stood above me and stared at me it was weird so I looked down and his head hit mine!!! Did he try to kiss me?! And does he like me?!? Thanks! Love ya! <3

He may like you. I suggest you try flirting and see where it gets you! Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by Raindropt15 on 12/8/2010 11:41:08 PM

~Mod~
Hey again. Okay so me and my boyfriend have been dating for around 3 months. So, my friends and sister have dubbed us the "awkward couple" because we are both awkward and extremely shy. I haven't even been able to give him a hug xP Lol. We held hands in the car, and while walking around at the zoo. But at school, I guess you could say we don't act like a couple at all. We were talking about hugging once, but he said he wasn't nervous about the hugging, just all the people around us. And, we even planned when to hug one day, but didn't. His guy friends hound him sometimes when he is walking with me to hold my hand. But he says that it has been wired into his brain to not do something just because someone tells you to. I would like to act like a couple at school, but we are both totally shy and awkward. I know he won't, and I am getting use to it now. Still, help. Thanks a bunch! Laughing

Alyssa B.

by Twizzler on 12/7/2010 8:05:54 PM

It doesn't matter as long as you guys aren't related.. It's totally fine!! Smile You guys can make-out all ya want, doesn't matter!! Smile

by dmlcountry013 on 12/7/2010 4:40:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
So, this guy is in a couple of my classes and I am not sure if I like him or not. He is really nice and smart. He is also very polite to teachers. My friend used to like him and I am not positive that those feelings are over.....What do I do?

Alyssa B.

by gray.abby4997 on 12/7/2010 4:39:06 PM

MODMODMODMOD!!?? Theres this guy noah ok. Well we have a code. Grrrr stands for lets go kiss. Ive never kissed him but we always joke around and say lets go grrr. And he wanted to play spin the bottle with me. well today i was the only girl in a group of guys and they were all pushing eachother and after they stopped no one pushed him but he like fell into me on purpose and kind like held me very quick. I like him alot!! and one time we talked to eachother on the phone for like 2hours. He said he likes being single but i dont no... But do you think he likes me?? If he does how do i show it to him without tellin him or being so obvious? o and one time i sat on his lap!! but he told me to soo... But do you think he likes me?? How can i get his attention and stuff?? Please help!! Thanks mod!

Hey girl, It does sound like he is interested in you.  The only way to know for sure is to talk to him about it!  If you're not comfortable with that, the next best thing is just keep getting to know him like you are.  xoxo

Marie H.

by pinkheartless on 12/6/2010 9:54:51 PM

**MODD***** theress this guy in my art that is really nice to me and like the first few weeks of school he sat across the room from me and he would stare at me and i was just like... who is that kid? because i didnt know him... but now he sits behind me and i have no idea why but i like him. we talk alot and he looks at me in the halls and sometimes says hi. i really like him too... to me he's perfect. i think he likes me and so do my friends but i'm not sure because he's likeee skinny... and im bigger than him, i dont think im fat but i have alot of muscle and with like the normal amount of fat it makes me look hugeee. gahh i have no idea if he actually does but i hope so... i keep asking myself if he cares or not, i dont really believe he does but do normal guys really care about weight and stuff?

Hey girl, of course, every boy is different.  But from my experience, guys don't care about weight (and definitely not in the same way girls do!).  They just notice the stand-out qualities about your looks and personality, but don't really care about a jean size or number on a scale.  Remember, there are lots of things about you that make you an awesome girl - one he is lucky to know. Smile

Marie H.

by zxander417 on 12/6/2010 7:12:47 PM

same sitch here...excpet he didnt kiss me
just asked me out about 3 times and hugged me a lot
.... but it feels akward to go there... u know what i mean?
like ur family might say its alright but...its just kinda weird..cuz theer like "family"

by pjcute2 on 12/5/2010 6:07:26 PM

ATTENTION ATTENTION ALL BEAUTY BABES OR GIRLIES THAT NEED ADVICE!

beauty babes is not just things for beauty(fashion hair makeup!) you can ask me anything! and i will know 99% of every topic inside and out! i know sometimes mods dont answer your questions and its a really good one and more people then you are wondering the same question!

here are the topics that are just coming off the top of my head!
~fashion/clothes
~hair
~make up
~boys
~school
~friends
~money
~family
~things to do for fun (with your friends, b-days, when your bored)
~music
~books
~home work help (im only in 8th grade so if your older then that sorry! haha maybe i can!?)

~ i will post words of wisdom (W.O.W.)
~weekly advice on many of these topics
~along with weekly polls!

questions? comments? you can go to beauty babes or my personal profile legallybrunette0220

xoxo
makenzee

p.s. hope to talk to you soon!
p.p.s. make sure to read through beauty babes profile to get all the details!

by beauty babes on 12/5/2010 1:19:49 PM

I like this guy at school, but he's kinda short, and not the smartest kid in school. I was at a dance and he asked me to dance and I said yes, but people were making fun of me because he's so short. How do I let people know that theres nothing wrong with shorter boys? And that there's nothing wrong with him?

by sniffer1431 on 12/4/2010 4:28:47 PM

omg. Help!!!!!!!!!!!! okay one of my old crushes is coming to one of the shows cause his aunt is in a show and so am I! It'll be awkward for me because of my current crush Marco! So now my dad, uncle, aunt, and brother are coming tomorrow! The worst is my dad and uncle always tease me about boys. What the heck do i DO???!!!

hey! just put on a smile and stay confident. don't let what they say get in your head.

Helen S.

by Dylciara on 12/4/2010 3:26:11 PM

MOD!! i have a crush on my bros best friend who is four years older than me, do you think that's to big of an age gap and i should completely forget about him or do you think i should go for it and see if he feels the same way about me?? thanks

brookiecookie98,

I think as long as your parents are okay with the age gap then go for it.
Paige T.

by brookiecookie98 on 12/4/2010 9:50:25 AM

MOD!!!

HEY brookiecookie98 !!
Paige T.

by brookiecookie98 on 12/4/2010 9:49:16 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have a HUGE issue. I am only 13 and I am majorly crushing on a guy thats 12 years older than me. I'm not thinking of dating, but I can't get him off of my mind. He is the guy that I have always been looking for. We are friends. I talk to him a lot (he probably thinks I am just a girl that likes him as friend... only). My MOM likes him. We have the same sense of humor. I have never felt this way about any guy. I usually think of physical love when I crush on a guy but with him, it's not that way, he makes me feel like a little girl thinking of her prince charming. I am wondering if I should completely forget about him or just let it be. HELP!

Hey girlie,

I think you should definitely continue to be his friend just because you like him doesn't mean you have to erase a great person from you life. Just maintain the relationship as friends and remind yourself that you guys can only be friends.
Paige T.

by chailatte101 on 12/4/2010 8:06:16 AM

MOD MOD MOD My friend from church (he is 17) is like a big brother to me. But, he recently came straight out and told me I was beautiful. He asked if I ever wanted to go out with him. I said yes. But, is he too old for me since I'm 14? And is I said I would want to go out with him and we havent made plans yet, does that mean we are dating? Or could I like other guys? Thanks!

Hey chica! I'd say ask your mom first to decide if 3 years is too much. If she has no preference, then go for it! 3 years seems like a big deal now, but when you're older, it's not such a big difference. As far as using the terminology of dating, everyone's different. I'd wait for your first date to happen and see how it goes before you say you're dating him.

Marly Z.

by glamgirlteen on 12/3/2010 11:00:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year. The thing is, we rarely get to see each other (once or MAYBE twice a week and only for like, an hour) and it makes me just kind of....I don't know. I mean, I don't want to pressure him into anything, but I just wish he would maybe kiss me more than a little half-second peck on the lips or give me more hugs or hold my hand or something like that.....we've never held hands, we have only kissed twice and they were little tiny pecks, our hugs have become a tradition for when we're leaving, and I mean, is it wrong for me to want more? I don't want anything more than a kiss, don't get me wrong, but is it too much to ask for a kiss that I feel like actually MEANS something instead of just a kiss? What do I do?

Hey girlie. It is not wrong for you to want more- it's actually very normal. You should discuss the issue with your boyfriend. Who knows, he might be feeling the same way and want to have a more meaningful kiss too but doesn't know how to approach you about it.

Marly Z.

by photographygirl on 12/3/2010 10:40:42 PM

MOD MOD!Is It Bad For A Girl Who Is Turning 18 In a Little Over A Month To Date A Guy Who Is 22? I Don't Think It Would Be A Problem Just Wanted UR Opinion Too! Thanks Mod!

Hey girl, every relationship is different. If the soon-to-be 18 yr old is unsure about the age gap, she could ask her mom. Usually though, 4 years isn't considered to be too wide of an age range!

Marly Z.

by colorful1 on 12/3/2010 10:32:03 PM

thats a sticky situation!

by hailbop16 on 12/3/2010 10:30:31 PM

***MOD***** I was on a chat thing, and I was chatting with this guy from my school and we were talking about who he likes. I was trying to find out who it was, and he said" If you look in a mirror, you would know who." He had to go but wanted to meet on chat again later and gave me a time. He is so nice, but my friend likes him. When I meet him on chat, should I tell him I don't like him back, or should I wait till school? Thanks!

Hey girl, that's a tough situation to be in. If you really don't like him, it's best to be honest as soon as possible so he doesn't get the wrong idea.

Marly Z.

by Hitomi_W on 12/3/2010 10:22:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD my crush is going to ask me out i think. (i go to a small school so things go around quick). hes my bgf. today when i found out he was all quiet and shy. and also i found out his friends were trying to get him to so i dont know if he realy likes me. idk if i should say yes or no when he asks me. im thinking yes cause he was always did flirt but im not sure. help?

Hey girlie! Trying to understand boys is always hard. Saying yes or no when a boy asks you out is always a difficult decision. Ultimately though, it is your decision. If you really like this guy and you feel like he's genuinely asking you out because he likes you (and from the way you describe him, he seems genuine), go for it!

Marly Z.

by animallover234 on 12/3/2010 9:24:04 PM

During summer i made the hugest mistake ever! my cuz and I kissed!

by awesome1168 on 12/3/2010 8:34:30 PM

Congrats on your first kiss! Just don't ever kiss him again

by bff61 on 12/3/2010 6:03:30 PM

CALLING ALL CHRISTIAN GIRLS!!!!!!
I have decided to great a support group for christian girls going through tough times. I'm calling it FEARLESS FEMALES. If you wanna share stories, verses or ask for advice from your fellow girlies, post it on my profile!

FEARLESS FEMALES!!!

by pondhouse on 12/3/2010 5:37:13 PM

Awkward!

by Smileygirl86 on 12/3/2010 5:25:49 PM

I like this guy and he likes me back but one of my closest friends likes him and keeps flirting with him to make me jealous should i stop liking him to keep my friendship with the girl or keep on liking him i'm confused

by joojoocb on 12/3/2010 5:01:55 PM

i kissed one of cousins once( but i was only 7 though) i really didn't know it was wrong.. now when i think about it i just go like "ewwww" what the heck was i thinking? lol Smile just try not to think about it.. you can crush on so many other guys... even though it is hard to think that your first kiss was with your cousin.. you can still get over it ;)
xoxo

by sunshine96 on 12/3/2010 5:01:13 PM

no. thats cool!!!!

bree <3<3<3

by blondchic on 12/3/2010 4:16:14 PM

ok as long as it was a DISTANT cousin. waas it really romantic? awwwwwwww im a hopless romantic. is it ok to like a boy older then you? have a nice time lip lockin!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

by sydneywhite on 12/3/2010 3:22:24 PM

BAMM!! first comment. wow that is kind of odd girly. i like the pic you guys have for it though i like blonde hair

by brown+blue on 12/3/2010 2:18:38 PM

MOD, MOD, MOD!! I am soo mad at my crush!! i mean he liked me while ago now i don't know, but i really don't see him that much we have been friends for a loong time , idk why but i try to avoid him, anyway i added him on facebook and other friends of him his friends accepted but he accepted then removed me!! and now he added my best friend i mean he doesnt like her i am definitely sure, but i feel he is trying to make me jealous plz help why has he done that!

Hey chica! If he is playing these games with you, then i wouldn't stand for it. I wouldn 't pay attention to him. Don't respond quicly to his texts or go out of your way to talk to him. Let him come to you. If he is being rude and hurting you then the last thing you should do is try to be with him or give him attention. Then if he asks what is up then tell him that he was being mean and you are too mature to deal with a guy that acts like that. Ask yourself what you deserve and if he isn't give that to you, then it is best to move on. Expect more for yourself, girlie! You're worth it!

Elizabeth P.

by rolapa on 12/3/2010 12:38:16 PM

That's not too bad, since you're only distantly related by marriage, you should definitely forgive yourself for this though, cause there would be no point in feeling guilty about it, since it'll just make you feel bad.

by lovedance15 on 12/3/2010 10:16:58 AM

I love the pic 1st comment!

by butidon'twantto on 12/3/2010 9:54:13 AM

Sweet! First post!
Wow, girl! You are way too obsessed with this issue! Carol is right! Let yourself off the hook.

by Emerald_Sparkles on 12/3/2010 8:42:04 AM