2 HOURS AGO Favorite if you put off your homework until last minute on sunday! #Procrastinator #AndIllDoItAgain

2 HOURS AGO Got those first dance jitters? Don’t worry we have some smooth simple solutions for you!: http://t.co/yrkYkV5xCz

3 HOURS AGO #Quiz: What kind of makeover do you need? http://t.co/SD9NUX8K9h

COMMENTS

My BFF is being a meanie

Bugged by BFF I’ve known my best friend for five years. She can be fun, but then she’ll be rude and mean. She’s smart...

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So my best friend and I are fighting. I feel ditched by her, because she is always hanging out with her seventh grade friends (we're in eighth grade). I also like one of the same guy she likes. She also likes 9 other guys besides him. She says she's totally fine with it, but she sure doesn't act like it. One minute she's happy, and then next she's mad at me. I don't feel supported by her, and I don't feel like she's being a good friende. I've tried talking to her, but apparently it's not getting thru. Please help!!

Hey girlie,

Keep trying! Try writing her a note or email to calmly explain things. Make sure you don't attack her or let your emotions get the best of you - keep things mature and try to talk it out. But if she just isn't listening, it might not be something you can save. I know it's a bummer to think of it this way but, sometimes, friends just grow apart. It's nothing to be embarrassed about - it happens! So keep trying to get through to her in different ways. But don't stress yourself out or try too hard if you're making no progress. Instead, try backing off and spending time with your other friends. Give her some space and see what happens. Even if you don't reconnect, you'll have more peace in your life and realize that most true friends won't make you feel this way <3
Lauren C.

by artsy1997 on 12/15/2011 5:50:04 PM

MOB MOB MOB i have a friend but only for 9 months now im starting not to like her, the reason i chose her was because she was funny and i chose her also because my fiend joined a big group of people and i dont like big groups alot.

Hey chica, why don't you like her anymore?? Smile Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by impi on 9/28/2011 7:37:04 PM

I need help
I have the same situation, bu I'm the meanie. I just lost my 3 best friends and I feel so bad I anm changing but I need help. How do I get them back???? please help me!!

by scissorluv101 on 8/7/2011 10:51:00 PM

My BFF is the EXACT same. She can be mean, but she can also be really nice. She stopped being friends with one of my other BFF's because they were lying to each other. I'm still friends with both of them, but when one of them finds out that I was at the other person's house, they freak out on me. Another one of my BFF's is really close to the one that can be mean. She can be mean too. One time, they gave me part of a piece of gum that was one yard long. They said they had saved it for me. I figured something was wrong with it. I took it anyway, though. I didn't think there was anything they could do to it. I put it in my mouth, and they started laughing at me. Turns out, it had been in the garbage for about an hour. I was mad! A week ago, they ditched me when we went shopping: We rode our bikes. On our way back, I looked behind me. They were gone! I want to tell them that I don't like the way that they treat me, but I'm afraid. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

by 7jsoodsm on 7/18/2011 8:20:27 PM

MOD MOD MOD Hi this is sort of what is happening to my best friend but kinda different. My bff and I have been friends for 7 years and she has this other best friend. Anyway, whenever she's with her other best friend she'll start to call me names and call me a liar and other stuff like that. But when she's with me she acts like the bff I know. I've told her about it many time but when she's with her other bff she acts like I never told her. This has happened and last week she texted that she wanted me to come to her house and I told her once again about the situation. Then she texted me and said that I should stop talking to her because I'm being mean right now when I never was. A few minutes later she called and she got so mad that she hanged up the phone when I was talking. That meant that we weren't bff's anymore. Yesterday, she called me and wanted to be bff's again and I said I said I didn't know because I was still mad. What should I do? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

Hey girl. I have a friend like this and have found that the best way to handle it is to act like you are friends again, but know what she is. You can still hang out, but walk away when she is being a terror.

mary h.

by Girl8 on 7/12/2011 11:36:24 AM

Mod!!!Wow this is exactly what I'm going through except my BFF is obsessed with boys and along the way she uses people. Some guy thought she was cute so all of a sudden she stopped hanging out with me, and I tried to tell her she deserved better but she wouldn't listen. She's not allowed to date but they all but kissed. It was like she completely forgot me. Then he got a GF and she was upset and I didn't bother saving seats for her anymore because she would never sit with me. Now she getsoffended because of it. I try to talk to her but it never comes out right. When were alone she's OK but in public I don't exist. It's hard to be friends with her but I can't just stop because her sis and my sis are Besties forever. Her sister is 4yrs older than me and we talk more. We have always gone to camp togethr for 3yrs.Now and these past 2 years she barely acnowledged me becuase she was trying to be the cool crowd.I'm so confused and hurt, I don't even know what to do anymore. Please help!

Hey girl. It hurts when friends grow apart, but believe me, you never have to be friends with someone. Try talking to her about how you feel and if she doesn't respond well, wash your hands of her.

mary h.

by MaddieGirl2012 on 7/6/2011 9:22:31 AM

I just had an issue yesterday. I thought my friend was my friend but i found out in the beginning of the year she was writing notes about me with curse words on it i got so upset at her and she now thinks im her bestie. how can i break the news to her that i dont like her anymore?

by soccer911 on 5/18/2011 5:18:02 PM

PLEASE PLEASE HELLLLP!!!My BFF is getting really annoying!She is relly smart but i always acting rlly dumb, and its gettin' annoying! she keeps tryin to steal my other friend's best friend.Plus she is always bragging about her expensive stuff UGH! I just wish she would stop! And sometimes i rlly think she is jealous of me... i know that sounds self centerd... but i rlly think she is. She annoys a LOT of people, so most people prefer me over her. I know that sounds really self-centerd too,but it is the truth. How do i get her to stop being jealous and annoying?

Hey girlie! Your best bet will be to talk to her about how you feel. Explain everything to her in a non-accusatory manner (otherwise she may get defensive) and focus more on solving the problem, as opposing to making it worse (i.e. be positive, not negative when talking).

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by BumbleBee247 on 4/23/2011 1:43:47 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
there is this girl in my gym and band classes who constantly follows me and my two friends around. she is really rude, and thinks she has to tell us in detail about her infections! its really gross and she always says she has an "appointment" with me, and i tell her to stop, because i dont want to hear about her various infections! and now somehow she got my cell phone number and keeps texting and calling me, and leaving weird voicemails. whenever she texts i tell her she has the wrong number and that she should stop texting me, and she does for a day. she also tells me and my two friends about innapropriate things. we dont want to hear any of that, but she follows us, and calls me! she always insults me and i tell her to leave me alone, but she never does! i dont know what to do about her! HELP  PLEEEASE!!!! please and thankyou! Smile

Hey girlie. If it's getting that bad, I believe there's a way you can block a number. Before you go about doing that, you might want to talk to your mom to see if she has any suggestions. You can also talk to your teachers in school to see if there's anything they can do during classes. Good luck.
Marly Z.

by ckse820 on 3/14/2011 3:21:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD I feel like I'm losing my best friend. Everything was really good between us at the very start of the school year, where we hung out and talked alot but now she rarely talks to me!! She found other friends as well and they are all insperable. They are always laughing and whispering about something during classes, and when I ask what they're talking about they say it's nothing. I'm getting annoyed. I feel like i'm getting replaced. It's also hard to talk to her now. Whenever I talk about things from last year (memories we shared), she always asks me with an attitude why I always talk to her about things from last year or why my questions are so random. But whenever I try to find out what's going on with her lately, because there always is, she doesn't tell me anything! So I don't know how to talk to her. What should I do?

Hey girl, that's a toughie - I'm sorry it feels like you're losing your bud.  Don't freak, though - it's pretty normal for friendships to have their ups and downs.  It sounds like you're doing a good job being there and showing you still care.  You don't have to ditch this friendship, but it might be time to branch out.  I suggest you read this, it's really good advice:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/07/30/Lost-Without-a-BFF.aspx.  xoxo

Marie H.