1 HOURS AGO Annoying allergies bringing you down? Here are some great tips on how to handle them! http://t.co/bJKAEMwthV

2 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz Do you think you’re a good friend? #FindOutHere http://t.co/TjwjwcdfYZ

3 HOURS AGO Running out of time and hungry? Here are some great quick and easy snacks for you on the go! http://t.co/ouxTdKAWHT

COMMENTS

My BFF is being a meanie

Bugged by BFF I’ve known my best friend for five years. She can be fun, but then she’ll be rude and mean. She’s smart...

MOD MOD PLEASE HELP!
In one of my classes, my BGF was sitting with one of his guy friends, and me and one of my BFFs were sitting behind them. We had all finished our work, and since we were all pretty bored, so my BGF and his friend started drawing funny stick people versions of themselves. Not wanting to be left out, I playfully asked if they could draw me. They told me not to look while they drew, so I kinda just rolled my eyes and agreed. When they said I could look, the picture of me (I'm a cheerleader, btw, but not stereotypical at all) had huge boobs, was dress like a sl*t, had a drug shot needle in her hand and was pregnant. They were talking about how I definitely HAVE to look like that because I'm a cheerleader. They basically drew me as a pregnant, drug-addict sl*t. It was really insulting to me, but its my BGF, and I feel like I might be overreacting. Am I, and what should I do? Thanks so much ik this is a really long post so please help thank you!

Hey girlie. I wouldn't think too much into it. Boys will be boys. I'm sure they didn't mean anything by it!

Marly Z.

by sophiesingsalot on 1/27/2011 1:12:49 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
I really need some help. :/ I've been best friends with this girl in my neighborhood since I was born, but now shes change a lot. She puts her guys over her friends and trys way to hard to be popular. Not to mention, sometimes she invites my LITTLE SISTER over to her house because shes more popular in her grade. As much as I want to be friends with her (we're like sisters!) I feel like I can't tell her anything without critisism. Sometimes, she invites me to hang out with her and a friend that I'm kinda friends with and I feel so included, just to find out that she just needs a ride. I don't know what to do. My mom thinks I should just ditch her, but that's impossible for me because she's like my sister. And she's one of those friends who doesn't hang out with you until you get mad, and THEN she suddenly wants to have a sleepover every night. Help?

Hey girl! How about you try this out: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/09/09/My-Friend-is-Mean.aspx

Jessica W.

by soccercastle on 1/24/2011 10:51:10 AM

MOD!!!! MOD!!!! MOD!!!!
Please answer this!
Okay, so I took my friend to the to the roller skating rink the last two weekends and the last time I took her she fell and she got all mad at me saying, "I tried telling you I was going to fall!" And she didn't even tell me before. But she wasn't even SKATING! She was walking....my mom said that was the last time she is taking her there. She goes to a different school and she likes to spend the night every weekend, I mean I understand she wants to hang out with me, but I don't have a lot of fun with her like my other friends. I don't want to ditch her for my Boyfriend either, but I want him there because at the skating rink they have a Couples' dance. And I don't mean to be mean about my friend but she's that kind of person to where you'll just lightly tap her on the shoulder and start crying.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!
-Katie

Hey girlie. Hm-that's hard. Try talking to her and telling her that you feel that sometime she over reacts and makes you feel badly. But sometimes, with friends, you drift away--it's apart of life.
Elizabeth P.

by katieglamgirl03 on 1/18/2011 6:28:01 PM

You need to tell her what her problem is or she won't stop or you can tell you parents about it.

by oreoflurries on 1/18/2011 2:10:55 PM

Mod, please help! I have one friend who is fun and my best friend, but when I say something she doesn't agree with. It started out kinda funny, like a joke, but now it's just mean. How can I get her to stop without looking rude or mean? Please help! Frown

Hey girl,

If a friend is saying things that are mean and make you upset, the best thing to do is to talk to her about it. Tell her what she said and how it made you feel. Tell her you know it started off as a joke and you do want things to be light and fun between you - but there are ways to be positive and joke around without throwing mean things around all the time.

Lauren C.

by swiftfire on 1/17/2011 4:26:04 PM

My friends and I are always having parties with each other to just hang out and chill, but after my most recent one my friend told me to kick some of the people out! I told her she was being really selfish and about how she would feel is she were those people.

by Bich0nstar on 1/9/2011 3:55:39 PM

i have had a meanfriend before to so just let them go and find a new friend

by lady antabella on 1/6/2011 7:28:59 PM

My best friend always makes her news always more important than mine also she always acts like every crush she has likes her if they just talk to her I am not jealous of her I just think it would be best for our friendship if she was more interested in my news how can I tell her to stop doing this without being mean

by Penguinsrule12 on 1/3/2011 10:25:49 PM

I have a best friend who can be super sweet and funny and other times she is super mean like not talking to me and when I walk upto her she runs away. I dont know what to do I mean I want to still be friends but when something is wrong it is impossible to fix. Please help me!

by warriorsfangrl on 1/3/2011 10:04:42 PM

HELP!
carol, theres this friend that i have and she's been acting pretty weird and mean to me lately. i ask whats wrong, but all she says is nothing. She's been ignoring me, and giving me rude remarks and butts into conversations i have with my other friends. I don't know what to do. i don't like to have to fight and i don't like to confront her. Last time i did, she told the whole school and it was humiliating. help me!!!

by ileneluvera on 1/2/2011 10:17:36 PM