2 HOURS AGO Real talk—my room was clean... then I needed a shirt: http://t.co/zfG1nfcONo

5 HOURS AGO Kick your costume up a notch with 6 Halloween beauty DIYs: http://t.co/1KW6HBlNQb

6 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

COMMENTS

My BFF is being a meanie

Bugged by BFF I’ve known my best friend for five years. She can be fun, but then she’ll be rude and mean. She’s smart...

MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD!
Okay, so i have this best friend who I think is one of my greatest besties, but now im not so sure. Whenever we're talking to each other, somehow it would turn from two besties talking and laughing to a big fight! By the end of the conversation, my parents would see me crying. Then, my parents would be concerned and even ground me from talking to my friend. Just yesterday, my mom came home and heard me screaming and crying. She called me down and got REALLY concerned and told me I can't talk 2 my friend until she says so. Im afraid that if my friend and I keep fighting, my parents will say I cant talk 2 my friend anymore and we cant be friends. I think it's both my friend's fault and mine because she can be judgemental and a little rude at times, but other than that she's a great friend. I have a BIG anger issue, but I can control it most of the time, so Im thinking it's my fault. If it isn't, still I would like to know how I can get rid of my anger.

Hey girlie, it's probably a combination of the two of you. For whatever reason your personalities just don't go well together. Next time think before you speak and count to 5 or 10 in your head to help you calm yourself down before you do anything you might regret.

Lauren T.

by Art Crazy52 on 12/4/2010 4:37:24 PM

MOD.
I have a friend(not bff) that stresses to much about school and homework. Btw her name is kathryn...
For example, all she talks about is homework and that's it we ever talk to her about.(when she brings it up.)
Is she worth a friend and what should I tell her? Thanks.(:

hey! it's hard when a friend's stressin'. tell her that sometimes maybe you guys could talk about other things but if she doesn't want to maybe you should move on.

Helen S.

by Loveit7 on 12/4/2010 4:10:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have this friend lets call her Autumn she is super guyish like luvsssss video games and stuff she has this graffiti tag sign thing and she's showed me it b444its really good but she has her name thing and i always joke around that its a gang sign thing she's always like (jokingly) ITS U PEOPLE WHO THINK THAT RUIN THE WORLD! then we laugh about it. But today she totally freaked out at me like I HATE U IM NEVER GONNA TALK TO U AGAIN! so i apologized later and she wont say a word to me! I told her her art was good and that im sorry but no cigar she totally hates me! HELP all i have to do is offer a apology then the rest is up to her right? ans shes said mean things to me before

Yeah I think she jsut heard it too many times from you so shes upset. I think you should keep apologizing and Im sure she'll come around. Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by bethluvssoftball on 12/1/2010 11:29:57 PM

modmodmodmodmodmod
my friend has kinda been copying me since we were younger. if i got an american girl doll, she got an american girl, but she didnt get just one. she got the whole collection cuz shes an only child. when i got my itouch i had to the the money myself, she got one, but more gigs and she didnt have to pay for it, cuz shes an only child,and there are 3 of us in my family. none of this bothered me until recently when i got this jacket that i really really really luved and i only got it because it was on sale. but then later that week, (btw both she and her mom knew i ha that jacket and she knew how much i loved it) her mom bought her the same jacket and it really bothers me cuz i thought i was being unique and didnt want to be copied. in my mind i know im just being emotional about it, though i dont know why. but in my heart i feel annoyed that i have to work for what i want and all she does is say she wants it and gets that plus more. i dont know what to do! please help!

Its an unfair situation, but as teh saying goes "life is unfair." She may always get things handed to her, but youre learning more by having to work for what you have. As for your coat, that was very weird of her to get the same coat. If it bothers you shes wearing the same clothing you should talk to her about buying the same coat as you. No one really wants a twin out there. As for the american girl and ipod stuff thats not as big a deal. But for something youve loved for a while (the coat) its a bit strange she got the same one. Shes only copying cuz she admires you and wants to be more like you, but you should set some boundaries if its really bothering you. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by awesomegrl on 12/1/2010 10:24:41 PM

modmodmodmodmodmodmodmod
i have a friend who ive been friends with for years.... but now im not sure i want to be. she can be fun, and when were alone shes helpful but at school shes a whole different way. it almost seems like all she cares about is how she looks, and on the bus talking with her other friends and acts like im invisible. I also sorta feel copie by her.... if i get something, she has to get the samething, but has to 1-up me. I noticed that years ago, but never did anything. now were in 7th grade and shes like a completely new person. once, she even insulted me right to my face ans my mom heard. I can't talk with her, she'll think i was being mean and tellher mom. I can't not be friends with her, were next door neighbors- its impossible. please help! is there really something jeopordizing our friends ship, or am i just being petty?

Hey babe,

From the way you describe it, I don't think you're being petty at all. She insults you, she ignores you, and she only acts like a friend when it's convenient for her? Not the way a healthy friendship should be! Try to focus on your other friends, or focus on making new friends in a new sport/hobby. That way, you aren't relying on her and her actions won't seem as important.

Lauren C.

by awesomegrl on 11/29/2010 10:05:24 PM

I just want to say thank you MOD so much for all the advice you give us. I know I am not the only one who has asked what to do about really anything, whether it is boys, friends, family or anything at all. The moderators give great advice and in my opinion, it really helps me to get through things and find out what to do. Thanks so much MOD!

by hawaiigirl624 on 11/27/2010 1:08:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD,
My boyfriend and I just broke up a few months ago and it really broke my heart. I am really having trouble getting through it because...for two straight years he always liked me and was there for me. And I could tell him anything and we were very very close. I had really strong feelings for him and he used to have strong feelings for me but since we broke up mine haven't changed and his have. Now he seems to want nothing to do with me. Sometimes he acts nice but others he is just mean. And I just want him back. I don't know what to do MOD...Please help me.

Hey girl,

I'm so sorry about your breakup! Breakups can be really hard and I'm sure you're feeling a loss from not having him there. However, since he doesn't feel the same way about you anymore, your only choice is to move on. You could try to talk to him about how you're feeling to try to clear the air, but it might be easier to separate yourself from him and reconnect with your friends that are girls.

Have a fun girls' night with movies, manicures and chocolate. Don't talk about guys and try not to think about your guy. You really don't need a guy that is sometimes nice and sometimes mean - and he doesn't know what he's missing out on! You deserve a guy that's always nice and caring. Maybe in the future, you can at least become friends, but for now, I think it's most important to focus on making your other friendships stronger and keeping yourself busy with fun things to do.

Vanessa J.

by hawaiigirl624 on 11/27/2010 1:38:20 AM

Dear MOD,
I am having some family troubles. I have two little brothers and we don't get along at all. I mean, we sometimes do but we argue all the time. My mom kinda gets annoyed by all the small little details and my dad kinda has a problem with alcohol. Then he gets angry and starts yelling too. Also, my parents are having marriage troubles because of an affair and sometimes when they are mad enough my parents take it out on us kids and just are mean. I don't mean to say mean things about all of them but they are honestly true. I just don't know what to do to make it stop. I want a happy family and to be able to remember a happy childhood...not one full of yelling. What should I do?

Hey girl,

This sounds like a really sad situation! If you know your mom gets annoyed by small details, maybe you could try to do things that won't make her annoyed. Try to help out around the house and if you think your siblings will listen, maybe you could even encourage your siblings to help. Once your parents see that you are making an effort, that may make them a little happier. You could also try to encourage your family to do fun things like play board games, or you could have a family meeting to discuss anything that's on your minds. I would also try not to argue with your siblings or parents and try to avoid doing things like yelling or slamming doors. In addition to sharing your feelings with your parents, you could also talk to a school counselor about how you're feeling.

Vanessa J.

by mileyspark on 11/27/2010 1:28:36 AM

MOD,
I don't know what to do. I really like this guy that I have been friends with for a long time...and he originally said that he didn't like me like 6 months ago but he just recently asked the girl he likes out and she said no and he wanted to talk to me because he said that I could make him feel better. And now we talk all the time but to me he acts like we are just friends but I want to be more and I don't know how to find out if he likes me or not. I want him to but how do I find out?

Hey girlie, get some of your friends to ask him. Or you could try flirting with him to see how he responds.

Lauren T.

by hawaiigirl624 on 11/26/2010 10:22:35 PM

Man that stinks I know how you feel My bff always tries to one up me but when it doesnt go her way she freaks when I am with her I am scarewd fo sucessFrown

by celticsxoxo102 on 11/25/2010 7:50:07 PM