7 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

10 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

11 HOURS AGO Join the GL gram fam and follow us on Insta for pretty pix and behind-the-scenes snaps: http://t.co/Umf3MGtn7Y

COMMENTS

GL's Thanksgiving Day Traditions

Have you ever wondered what GL editors are up to on Thanksgiving? The wait is over, girlies, ‘cause we got out ‘em to spill their Turkey Day traditions!

Every Thanksgiving my grandma has this tradition that started wayyyy back , probably 1800's? I have NO idea. But The Adler tradition in my family is that we make Turkeys out of potatoes. (A little weird, I know) haha first you take a potato and you put toothpicks for the legs and take a knife and slit it to put paper feathers that you draw on your own coloring paper. I've been doing this ever since I was little, my grandma has been doing that since she was little and same with my great grandma as far as I Know. I think it's cool to have a family tradition, just to think that making a turkey potato is something my great grandma did when she was my age. ^-^

by alyssa_candy_adler on 11/25/2010 10:10:48 PM

Good luck Lindsey Silken on making Thanksgiving Dinner for ur fam! Haha

My tradition:

by alyssa_candy_adler on 11/25/2010 10:04:22 PM

If I'm at my mom's, we go to Wawa to get gas (even though we don't travel on Thanksgiving or Black Friday), and then we go inside and get coffee. I'm all over French Vanilla Cappuccino!

by xfobrocksx on 11/25/2010 4:20:07 PM

our hole family gets together and have a huge dinner this year we will have 3 turkeys!!!! then after we finish dinner then have cosin christmas my grandma picks names then we get gifts for them. it is so so so so so so much fun Smile

by hannah62025 on 11/24/2010 7:27:20 PM

I always watch the macys thanksgivimg day perade with fam. Also i always play the gsme sorry with my younger cousin. We make certificates and the one who wins the thanksgiving sorry compition gets the certificate.This is are 3rd annual one!

by abercrombiekidsgirl on 11/24/2010 12:57:34 PM

I always watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, then help make dinner and eat it that afternoon. I love thanksgiving!

by EmJ on 11/23/2010 5:05:43 PM

My dad or sister wakes me up early and we watch Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Our family comes to us (my grandma lives with us) so my mom is cooking. That night my mom goes to sleep early considering she is the one awake at 2 am camping out infront of the mall. ^_^

by dottie5 on 11/22/2010 5:01:22 PM

MOd- Thats weird i used to be a competetive irish dancer too, and i live PA just like miss. patricia

by lena737 on 11/22/2010 9:18:52 AM

I usually go to my grandpas and we watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. The after the parade my uncle and I make baklavah to take to Thanksgiving dinner (usually at my house). We sometimes watch the dog show that's always on after the parade, looking for our favorite breeds. Then we deliver meals to the needy that a man at my grandpa's church drops off.

by ipod20london on 11/22/2010 9:09:29 AM