9 HOURS AGO Get fit quick with out #Tabata workout: http://t.co/thbT28QpPs

12 HOURS AGO She caught her BF cheatin' in the theater! What would you do? http://t.co/BXimWwZeWK

13 HOURS AGO Check out an original poem written by a GLgirl just like you: http://t.co/7RR2L2BJVs

COMMENTS

Must-know money managing tips

It's important to learn how to manage your money at a young age — before you have to start paying for some pricey things like...

loved this

by simba on 3/18/2011 3:12:32 PM

I'm awesome at saving, and what helps me of how great you'll feel when you have A TON of money. You feel like you've accomplished a lot when you've really done nothing at all.

by maddy10 on 3/16/2011 6:20:15 PM

i need helpp
my dad dosen't have a job and we don't have alot of money and i don't have alot of money do you have any good ideas there are no kids in my neighborhood there are only 3 people with pets and everyone gets their yards proffesionaly cleaned i dont no what to do im 13 years old plzz helppp

Hey girlie. Why not ask if any of your neighbors need help doing things about the house. Maybe you have older neighbors that need help doing chores? Good luck!
Elizabeth P.

by sammy8550 on 1/25/2011 5:48:58 PM

Ask your Mom to have a yard sale. Maybe with the money you make ditching your old antique furniture to buy some cute new furniture, cheap. If you can't have a yard sale then gather a bunch of your friends together for a sleepover and tell them to bring a bunch of there art supplies. Spend the night painting,glittering,stamping,glueing,sticking and signing. That's right signing....have them sign your FURNITURE. Make a bff themed room. Then to add more to your room spend the rest of the night taking pics of your friends and putting them all over the wall. Make a bunch of scrapbooks and decorate other cool things with your friends like completly white piggy banks, lamp shades and even bed spreads! Turn all your items into rainbow,glittery and stickered things with your friends signitures and pics all over them! GOOD LUCK!

by taylorswiftluv on 1/8/2011 9:25:46 PM

MODMOMDMDODMDOOMDMDODMODMOMDO!!!!!!!!
I babysit for my neighbors, but they don't ask me to babysit to often. Is there a way I could save the money and be more profitable?? Thanks!

If you feel like money has been a little too short lately you can try looking for a second job. Dog walking or shoveling snow are two great examples of ways to earn some extra cash when you're not babysitting. Saving money is also a great way be more financially stable. You can put $5 aside after you get paid for babysitting, and put that into a piggy bank or savings account just incase you find something you really, really need such as the perfect dress for a party or to go to a movie with friends. You can also get more ideas with our website's "On The Job" section found here
Jessica W.

by ambersgirl on 12/22/2010 10:44:19 AM

it's so hard for me to keep my money. i either go to the mall or whatever! maybe these tips will totally help me.. where i live savings account is good. i'll try it so i dont spend my money

by chicksrock99 on 12/13/2010 6:12:37 PM

I come from a family with five kids in it, (including me)so it's kinda hard to get a bigger allowence and save up fast. Any ideas how to??

by iheartclothes14 on 12/12/2010 7:05:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am trying to sve up to re-do my room. I have a desk and nightstand but they look kinda antique-ish. I don't want to paint them cuz i just did like a few months ago. Any ideas that can make my desk and nightstand more modern looking? THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

try pairing them with other more modern looking desk accessories like cute stapelers and file organizers Smile

Helen S.

by paramoregurl on 12/12/2010 1:46:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
I am trying to save up to re do my romm. I have a desk and and nightstand but they look kinda antique-ish. Any ideas on how to make them look more modern?
Thx!!!

Hey girlie- try painting them! Ask your mom for some help if you're trying to figure out which type of paint to get. Typically though, you can buy relatively cheap paint and spray paint your furniture!
Marly Z.

by paramoregurl on 12/11/2010 6:31:19 PM

my parents have already started a savings account for me but i'd like some extra cash on the side. i wanna start babysitting but my sisters ( whos kids id love to babysit) have no extra $ nd can't afford anything like that. I'm not very comfortable babysitting kids whos parents i dont know well. help!

Hey girlie. I'd say try talking to your parents about. See if they know of anyone who you know who has kids and needs a babysitter!
Marly Z.