6 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

10 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

10 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

I want to hurt myself

I can't stop thinking about wanting to cut and committing suicide. Last year I was a cutter and I tried to commit suicide and I...

if ur surrounded by haters who mock u....remember this saying and say it to urself: HATERS GONNA HATE. I DONT EVEN CARE. they just want to be you even if ur life is bad...no offense to any girl hater who reads this

by loppyears12 on 6/21/2012 9:09:13 PM

i have been thunking about cuting myself for a will and feel really depressed and i want to tell my friend but she might tell she rents wich will tell mineand they will freak out cuz iv been acting out these last year and im just really sad help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please read our section on Tough Stuff which can help you a great deal: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by goobergiri on 7/12/2011 7:37:14 PM

MODMODMODMOD!
I was having a really hard time so I told one of my friends about it. I found out it really upset her and she tried to kill herself because of how upset I was! Now I feel like a murderer! She refused to tell her parents so she is deciding to talk to me until school starts and she can tell the counselors but it doesn't just hurt her. It hurts me. I've dealt with so many suicidal friends that it's starting to really affect me. I've never cried this much in my whole life! I don't want to tell my friend not to tell me thing because I'm the only person that gets it but it upsets me so much... What should I do?

Hey girl,

First off, DO NOT think that this was your fault. Sure, you shared your feelings with her and she was compassionate, but no one tries to commit suicide - a very serious, permanent decision - without also having her own dark thoughts and depressed feelings. Basically, I'm just saying that she most likely had many problems or conflicts on her own and it was not you that did this! So shake off that guilt. Then, try helping her out by giving your school a call. There is summer school and other jobs to be done even though you guys don't have classes, so chances are the counselors are still at school and available to help out. If not, try calling a local church (even if neither of you are religious) to see if there might be a counselor or trusted person to chat with there. Summer is a long time to keep these issues between the two of you - the faster you get them out and discuss them with someone older and better equipped to handle them, the better off you BOTH will be <3
Lauren C.

by TheMentalistgurl on 6/9/2011 6:33:30 PM

I have been depressed for a while and I cut myself. I don't want to tell anyone because everyone already thinks I'm messed up. I don't need them to know I am depressed. I know once school is over, I will have no one to tell. My parents won't care or will think it's just a phase. What should I do?

Hey girl, talk to a guidance counselor now before school ends. Talk to someone as soon as possible because what you're going through is serious and something you shouldn't have to go through alone. It's a really tough place. As for telling people, know everyone won't know. A true friend won't make fun of you but will try to help you -- it's so important you're not afraid to lean on others during this time because support systems are what help propel people through their darkest times. So don't be afraid to speak up and get help. It's the first step to beating this thing! Stay strong!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by spunkygirl03 on 5/19/2011 8:50:30 PM

MODMODMOD I have been feeling depressed for a while now but I haven't told anyone, not even my best friend. I feel like my friends won't believe me because I act happy around them and I'm less depressed at school then I am at home. I just don't know how to bring it up. Sometimes I just start crying because I feel so alone.

Hey girlie -- the most important thing you can do right now is talk. Talk to your parents or even your school's counselor (as he or she my be more equipped to deal with such issues). It's also important to realize you are not alone, even though you may feel like it, and that there are people out there who can help.

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by kat13 on 5/12/2011 7:32:55 PM

She strikes a pose but dies inside. Nobody knows she's a beautiful suicide........

by the Russian Queen on 5/2/2011 7:47:36 PM

I have gone through this. I am still going through it. It took me a year to go from super happy to trying to kill myself. Anyone suffering from depression needs to tell someone. Even if you think no one cares, they do. Break down and cry in front of someone if you don't know how to start that conversation (That's what I did and it worked). The process of recovery is so long, so don't wait to start it! Life is worth living! Listen to the song Hero by Superckick. Smile

by XxForget_Me_NotxX on 4/20/2011 8:46:57 PM

I have been depressed for a while, and at first I could have fun with friends and be depressed later, but now a bunch of my friends are trying to drop me from their group. I liked them, but they're really judgmental and it scares me because of my low self esteem. Now they only talk to me when their friends aren't around. It makes me really angry and I have the worst temper. I try not to talk to them, and make it obvious that they hurt me. My other friends make fun of cutters because it's stupid to them so I go along with it, but I do cut. I'm starting to hate EVERYONE in my school and I have a second house in another state. I want to move there. This doesn't seem horrible because I don't have good friends, but the school there is missing something. I've already brainwashed my to think I'm going to die before I get to college, so every time I think maybe I could go to that school, I 'realize' I'm not living that long. Why do most other people get to be happy, not me?

Hey girl, trust me when I say you're not the only person who has those feelings, but it's so important you talk to an adult about that. Talk to a guidance counselor. Your thoughts may be in a dark place and your friends may come off as intentionally insensitive, but so many people care about you. You've just gotta let them know what's going on so they'll know to help. Depression is a dark road and one that should always be taken seriously. Talk to a parent or trusted adult and don't be afraid to talk about how you feel. You can get through this, but the support of others will be invaluable along the way. Stay hopeful!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by taytay724 on 4/14/2011 9:07:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I think i may have an eating disorder!!!! I was on this website, and I accadentally clicked on his add. It took me to a page about eating disorders. I was bored so i looked at it. One eating disorder described me PERFECTLY!!!!!!!
I'ts called "Binge Eating Disorder" it's when you eat and eat and eat just because your stressed, depressed, or even happy. I do this all the time!! I was really worried so i looked at it more and learned that I could get type 2 diabetes!I know that sounds extreme to think about, but i allways have been rather chubby. Also, I might have inherrited a panic disorder so, learning that I may have an eating disorder is making me go balistic right now!!!!! Im so scared and confused!!!
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey! it sounds to me like a chat with your doctor might be in order. he or she can help you decide how to live a healthy life. good luck Smile
Helen S.

by coffeepanda on 4/9/2011 3:45:25 PM

me 2 but instead nothing not even a consolier would switch my thoughts around i never want to grow old and die old Frown

by articwater on 4/5/2011 11:04:19 PM