3 HOURS AGO How to ask a guy out and not be super awk and sketchy: http://t.co/l6Imxj9xVp

6 HOURS AGO Feelin' crafty? Make mom the perf #MothersDay prezzie: http://t.co/Of1DdcU6k7

7 HOURS AGO 6 excuses to get off your butt and have some fun outdoors: http://t.co/z1vY4OZjTX

COMMENTS

To cut or not to cut

I have been through a lot of stress and considered cutting myself. Please help. Dear To Cut of Not to Cut, No, no, no, don’t cut...

I cut, but don't enjoy it at all. That is one of the only was I get my stress out. I've tried to stop, and now I have. channa r.

by otaku4ever98 on 3/16/2012 1:42:11 AM

I cut Frown

by emorocket12 on 1/26/2012 11:18:39 AM

Cutting will make it worse chica! My friend went thorough her parents divorce (it was rough)and she cut for a little bit. Its not a good idea- you can hurt yourself (even kill yourself from loss of blood) and its just not something you want to get in to. How about writing in a journal, listening to music (MCR, Greenday, Paramore)?

Please visit my Advice Queen page! I really like to give advice to peeps Smile just post a question and i will answer it on your profile as soon as i see it.

by basketballcutie11 on 12/23/2011 6:02:21 PM

MODMODMODMOD- I may be suffering from depression. I feel terrible about myself and everyone around me, and often feel trapped or like I'm just going down a big downwards spiral. I hate having to feel this way. I have friends that care about me, I'm pretty smart (but my grades have been suffering lately), I know I'm full of talent, my family cares about me dearly, I have no reason to feel this way. But I do. I haven't seen a doctor, but I told my mom and it only seems to make her sad. I don't know what to say when she asks me if I need to see a doctor, because I don't know. I show most of the signs of depression, and lately really want to cut myself. I'm trying to pull myself out of it, but I don't know what to do.

Hey girl, I'm so sorry you feel that way some times. I truly am. Talk to your mom, it will help a lot. Talking these things out with her are extremely important. Maybe it is a good idea to see a psychologist and talk things out/see how you are. Check out this article, I think it will help a lot! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/09/15/Sometimes-I-want-to-hurt-myself.aspx Good luck girl, and you know, no matter what we love you!
lauren r.

by Andri_Ashes13 on 11/26/2011 3:17:36 PM

hey, don't cut. It is a horrible thing, and is not a good way to deal with stress. Do things that you like to do. If you like to draw, draw a picture of your favorite thing. If you like a band, listen to it. MOst important, hang around people who support and help you get through this rough time. Believe me, this helped me when I was goin through this. Smile

by BIGFATNINJA50 on 8/9/2011 11:02:37 PM

Hi i do know what you are going throw and i went down that road and now what really helps me is to listen to music or take a walk or get away from what is making you have those feelings. Also talk to someone that you can trust and that will not judge you at all.

by emokids92 on 6/29/2011 11:42:16 PM

sorry that u have to go through this.take everything one step at a time.to keep ur mind off cuttin' ur self,play a sport,do some knitting.........SOMETHING other than cuttin' ur self!!!!!i am really impressed about how u shared this with other people.hope u get through this.....

by smoky050 on 3/21/2011 9:35:20 PM

Hey girl. I'm sorry u feel or felt lik that i hope it all clears up. My friends sister was going through what u r going through and she helped sum of my friends and she said even if ur stressed and angry or sad dont cut ur self it dosnt help it just makes it worst...
so im sorry that happened to u hang in there girl!

by PinkWave7 on 3/20/2011 2:07:11 PM

MODMODMOD- i have cut myself already and my mom has seen my cuts she asked why was i doing it and i told that it was because of peer pressure but it wasn't exactly because of that it was because i have alot of things going on in my life and i dont how to deal with it so i cut myself and when i cut i feel like all the weight has been lifted of my shoulders and then when it all comes back i have to cut again,and again.it feels like my life is falling apart.PLEASE help

Hey girl,

You know now that this is a vicious cycle - the cutting doesn't help solve the problem, it just temporarily takes it away. PROMISE me you'll be honest with mom. Catch her when she's sitting watching TV or doing the dishes alone, then tell her you weren't entirely honest with her about it before. Tell her what you told me - that things get to be too much, so you turn to cutting for an escape. Be honest with her and with yourself: you know this is destructive and you want help to find a way out of this. But the only way anyone can help is if you tell them how things really are. It might make you a little nervous to be so blunt about it, but this is your health on the line. It's so important <3
Lauren C.

by Mizpurple824 on 3/13/2011 3:11:37 PM

Hey girl, first of all, I'm so sorry to hear that. Realize, however, that if you want to get through this, you need to want to improve your life. Know life is worth living and that it is SO SO SO SO important you talk to a parent or a guidance counselor or an adult. What you're going through is too heavy to carry alone. Please talk to someone even if it pushes you out of your comfort zone. So many people care about you, and they'll thank you for it.

xoxo