5 HOURS AGO You want dermatologist-approved skin—here's how to get it at home: http://t.co/QnHOyrxeqe

8 HOURS AGO Are good things comin' your way? Check your #horoscope to see: http://t.co/X0oqJA2AV2

9 HOURS AGO Betcha didn't know flaxseed could do this: http://t.co/BVSiatO8sk

COMMENTS

Is he teasing or flirting? Here's how to tell

I always get teased by a couple of boys. My friends say it’s because the boys like me. Is that true?

I didn't mean it in a bad way! I really meant the the thanks.

by kazthespaz on 12/11/2010 5:19:50 PM

Ouch, haha. Thanks, Elizabeth P.

Heyy. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be! I just want to help you and I do that by being honest. Let me know if you want more advice on the topic and we can figure out a good plan of action : )

Elizabeth P.

by kazthespaz on 12/11/2010 4:05:54 PM

MOD MOD
Hey, thanks for answering. I really like this guy at my school, I'm a sophomore and he's a senior. He told me I was cute and he tried to get me to hang out one weekend but I was grounded. But he kind of flirts with all girls he knows (he even told me he has a hard time keeping his eyes on one girl) and he started acting really awkward around me and avoiding me. Recently we started talking again but he seems really shy and awkward still around me and when I invite him to do stuff with my friends at lunch, he usually says no. What could be going on?

Hey girlie. I don't think you should try to be with a guy who "has trouble keeping his eye on one girl." He doesn't sound like that great of a guy and someone who is used to girls flocking to him. Don't stroke his ego by being one of those girls. Instead, want more for yourself-look for a guy who chooses one girl to be with rather than the whole class. Don't waste your effort on him, girlie. You deserve better.
Elizabeth P.

by kazthespaz on 12/11/2010 2:09:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! ive had this problem for a while now. i broke up with my bf recently, and ive been gettng "hate mail" from his goofy friends. at first it was just the funny stares in the hallway and stupid comments, and his friends and i would laugh it off, but one of the guys, as ive gotten to know him, is bad news bears. he goes too far with the teasing, and is mean to girls. yesterday he texted my bffl and i callin us bad words. we blocked his number now, and im deciding to be really strict about talking to him. what else should i do?? im so confused on how to act around this guy now because no guy has ever treated me bad and teased me like that. to make things worse, the ex-bf isnt stopping them at all, he just looks at them tease me from afar... but should i expect him to tell them to stop?? ugh im so confused. help!

Hey girlie. He should tell his friends to stop, but unfortunately, they are all young and immature. I would say, if you are confident enough to do so, confront them about it. Go up to him and say "stop it before I have to get the school involved." You have to stand up for yourself and claim the respect that you deserve as a female and as a person in general. If they don't stop, then tell him you are going to talk to the school about it. There is no reason for him to treat you badly. Ask him why he is acting like this and tell him that he needs to mature and get over it-it's not like you broke up with him!
Elizabeth P.

by emmybooboo on 12/11/2010 2:08:29 PM

i know exactly what you mean! sometimes it really is true! guys do stupid things and show their emotions in weird ways. sometimes they are just plain stupid and you should just ignore them when they are! some guys can be really down to earth, though! try those guys instead of worrying about the others!

by stargrl2476 on 12/11/2010 12:43:43 AM

hey girls! wasn't sure where to put this, but i need to ask: 1) what is your definition of epic?
and 2) if you could pick one of the epicest (teehee!) things ever, what would it be? (like a book, song, quote, or anything!)
comment yr answers on my profile! Smile
~OrchDork123

by OrchDork123 on 12/10/2010 11:44:10 PM

i'm going through the same thing! he teases me and all, jokes he around with me, and EVERYONE says he likes me! though i don't like him anyways.

by katiekakes8 on 12/10/2010 10:16:29 PM

How do you know if a guy likes you back when he knows you like him?
So my babblermouth friends told him that I like him! But whenever my friends talk to him about me they tell me that he says Yes! or smiles and walks away. He talks with other girls but... ignores me. I know for sure that he's aware I'm near him when I am(it vibrates off him almost lol) He started to talk with my friend today that was walking next to me about a prostitution debate they were having in class( hes wierd like that) and he looked at me and then looked away. I'm starting to get pissed off. I think I'm going to start taking the longer way to homeroom on Monday using the younger's grade's wing. Help me?

Hey girlie. If he knows you like him and is giving your friends hints about liking you back, then just try talking to him-normal conversation like "hey, how was class," or "what are your plans for the weekend." See if he actually talks to you or gives you shorter answers. If he blows you off by not really responding then I would say find another guy. You can't wait around forever to see if he likes you or is confident enough to talk to you about it. Good luck!

Elizabeth P.

by DianaSiuta101 on 12/10/2010 8:55:30 PM

That happened to me for like a year. At first it was mean but then he got flirty and we ended up dating. He was really sweet too. But if they are saying things painful or hurtful I would walk right up to them and ask why and tell them to lay off. No girl needs that.

by Day♥Dreamer on 12/10/2010 7:42:08 PM

MOD, Mod!!
My birthday is next month, and i really wanna have a party i will be turning 14, but the problem is there will be lots of exams and midterms and all my friends and me will be studying Frown so no time for a party , plz tell me what should i do or what are some alternatives Smile and thx

Hey girl. Even though your actual birthday is next month, maybe you could have a joint Christmas/birthday celebration. Or if you would rather have it in January, wait until exams are over to have the party. On your actual birthday, celebrate with your parents and family, then pick a free weekend (exam free) for a party with friends! Try to be flexible.

Elizabeth P.