43 MINUTES AGO As if you needed another, here are 11 more reasons to get super psyched for Thanksgiving: http://t.co/qZgpABAxHB

1 HOURS AGO This book definitely hits it outta the park! Enter to win a FREE copy of Fast-Pitch Love from @AstraeaPress today: http://t.co/jHVWU9v01z

2 HOURS AGO Srsly, is this No-Shave November or No-Man November? Tell us why you're still single: http://t.co/RLnjoWMtNM

COMMENTS

OMG--even athletes aren't getting enough exercise

Think that being on the school soccer team means you’re getting your daily dose of exercise? Think again! According to a report from Archives of...

We get about 30 munites in PE cuz in total we have like 10 minutes to change. Then 2 think about it does add up!!!

by oreolover123 on 4/24/2011 8:07:59 PM

Dear Mod,
I am a 13 year old girl who swims up to 8 hours a week plus meets. Each practice we swim about 2 to 3 miles. I am trying to eat right since my doctor says I should lose 15 pounds. I already get enough exercise because my practices are 2 hours. How can I stop splurging on sweets? Please help!

Hey girlie!

Staying away from the sweets sure is hard, but it's totally doable! When your craving sugar, instead of reaching for the candy and cookies, try making yourself a yummy fruit smoothie. You can make them from any fruit and yogurt that you have in your house! They're sweet and filling, but you'll still feel like your having dessert.

Clare W.

by ElyGirl16 on 1/20/2011 2:03:10 PM

I swim 5 days a week for 2 hours on weekdays and 3 and one half hours on weekends. We swim a minimum of 4 miles per practice unless we are tapering for big swim meets, when we swim about 3 miles per practice or less and work on teqnique. at the 3 hour practices we do 1 hour of dry lie that consits of about an 300 push ups, 500 crunches, 100 squat jumps, and 10 minutes of planks. It is ard but realy fun and i would highly reccomend swimmming to anyone. The good thing about it is the schedule is custimizable and offers coaching for more competive and less competive groups. Swimming at a gym works too to get you in shape and fit looking, even if you cant go really fast or for long distances. It is all about what you are capable of doing! Laughing <3 Camie

by camiecitrus on 1/19/2011 4:38:24 PM

Hey chicas! This is Happy. I love giving advice- ask me anything- I’ll give you advice on school, boys, clothes, style, makeup, hair, beauty, family, friends, parties and other hangouts, gifts, jobs, workouts, eating, health, accessories, your body, entertainment, hobbies, after-school, depression, drama of any kind, difficult situations, holidays, bullies, and anything else you want help figuring out! Ask your question on my profile, and I’ll post well-thought out advice underneath on your wall ASAP!

by Ask Happy on 1/13/2011 6:53:26 PM

mod mod mod
how can i lose about 5 lbs. i alrceady swim for about an hour 4x per week and take a dance class and eat all right

Hey girlie! It seems like you are already doing the right things for weight loss. You don't want to overkill it since losing too much weight can be harmful to your health. If you end up eating less or exercising more than what you already are, then you may end up heading down the road to anorexia. Just keep up the good work you are doing so far, and let your body determine what weight you should be at (that's why we have such wonderful metabolisms). That way you can keep off the weight longer, and be happier while doing it!
Jessica W.

by redsock101fan on 1/12/2011 8:36:39 AM

I don't excersize a lot...but I'm hoping to run every day after school for 30 minutes when the snow melts. Also I'll be in track in about 2 months....should be ok, right?

by jojojoy on 1/11/2011 11:39:34 AM

I do gymnastics 4 days a week for 4 hours straight. That 16 hours a week, I think i'm good. Plus I am gunna start to go for 20 hours a week.

by gymnast81346 on 1/9/2011 2:58:59 PM

I don't excersize very much LOL.... I will, as soon as I can ride my bike again.

by horsie9000 on 1/3/2011 3:54:29 PM

During the fall I had feild hockey practice every day after school for 3 hours! It was long and I hated that, but I think we did get enough exercise most of the time cause even though there are talks and drills that we have to wait for and stuff, 3 hours is a long time so we def don't just do nothing.

by skatefun on 12/30/2010 11:39:30 AM

Volleyball practice for me is 2.5 hours. We definitely get at least an hour of exercise during that time... but probably more.

by ash_bash08 on 12/29/2010 12:05:31 PM