COMMENTS

4 speedy holiday updos

We've got four quick 'n' easy styles you can master in a second.

my hair is seriously curly, a total afro(kinda) it has lots of volume that looks really bad down, i also made a mistake and got my hair cut in layers this summer which made it worse!! it there anything i can do that will allow me to wear it down, without straightening?

Hey girlie. Try using good products to contain the frizz. Also, how to you dry it when you get out of the shower? Don't rub it dry with a towel. If you use a hair dryer, try to blow dry sections. Sometimes, not washing it every day is healthy for your hair, too. The second day it will be a lot less frizzy!
Elizabeth P.

by swhite1 on 12/11/2010 2:58:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
SO tomorrow I'm going to a fancy choir thingy for my little sister, and I have to wear a dark red dress and heels. Three questions: 1. What should I do with my hair? It's long, naturally curly, and blond, and I have side bangs. 2. Should I wear a black fitted blazer or a white cardigan? 3. What should I do for my makeup? I really want to embrace the holiday spirit, but I don't want to do the whole green and red thing. My skin is uuuuber pale, and I have greem eyes, if it helps. Thank you! xoxo

Hey girlie. Wear the black fitted blazer and put your hair in a loose, side, messy bun or pony tail. Use hairspray to keep it all in place and definitely play up your side bangs (straighten them while leaving the rest of your hair curly). It will look very chic. Try wearing a bright red lipstick-this looks great on blondes and with pale skin. I know it's bold, but trust me, you will be sure to turn some heads. Have fun girlie! You will look great.
Elizabeth P.

by Moon Dance on 12/11/2010 12:41:21 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
Where can I find a red scarf for my friend around $10?

Hey girl. Try Forever21 or Wetseal. Good luck!
Elizabeth P.

by kendall102697 on 12/10/2010 10:08:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD! right above my upper lip there's an area that's slightly grayish. Even more so with makeup. How can I get rid of it? I tried hair removal but it's still grayish. Thanks!

Hey girl. Try talking with your doctor. Have your parents either look at is or set up an appointment with a specialist. They will know what is wrong and how to fix it.
Elizabeth P.

by kendall102697 on 12/10/2010 9:50:21 PM

My hair is kinda short, and very straight, i curl it then brush it out into loose waves, which gives it body, but not so much that it looks aqwkward w the length

by Less Than 3 on 12/10/2010 9:41:18 PM

MOD
I want to join my highschool's swim team next year (I will be a junior). I think swim team would be so fun and just a great exprerience and good exersize, but I have never swam competitively, while lots of the other people on the team have. Do you think this is practical and if so, any tips for making the team next year? Thanks!(:

Hey girlie. I know swimming is a tough sport-morning practices and a pretty tough workout. But a lot of my friends have done it and love it! Competative sports are great to do in middle school and high school. Studies show that students who compete in sports will do better in their careers. I would talk to the swim coach about your interest in joining the team and ask for workouts to do so you can be prepared for tryouts. The coach will be impressed by your willingness to start training and your desire to join the team. It will not only prepare you but also set you apart from girls you will be competing against because the coach will remember you coming up to him/her and asking for advice (not everyone does that). You can do anything you set your mind to so make it a goal of making the team and then GO FOR IT! Keep me posted on what happens : )
Elizabeth P.

by bluet00th on 12/10/2010 9:05:58 PM

too bad i hav short straight hair

by abby1123 on 12/10/2010 8:20:32 PM

I do a messy bun all the time! It's my go-to hairstyle. I have curly/wavy hair btw.

by musicluva246 on 12/10/2010 7:56:19 PM

these are great!

by rainbowsparkle98 on 12/10/2010 7:49:16 PM

what about for short hair? /:

by 5m1l3yme on 12/10/2010 7:24:01 PM