1 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 2 chatterboxes talk it out with @PantechMobile's Pantech Vybe: http://t.co/ISHwCBt5o7

2 HOURS AGO Wanna make team captain this year? Here's how: http://t.co/87JKx4sd94

14 HOURS AGO 4 brilliant ways to wear a braid crown: http://t.co/Vh5xQu3jr0

COMMENTS

Balance your boy and your besties

We’ve all heard of the bestie who gets tossed aside for the new BF. But what if you’re the one with the romance? This time...

MOD! MOD! MOD!
Ok, i have this one friend who's a total control freak, lets call her N. So one day, there was an assembly at our school and Me and my bfs best friend got my bf to sit next to me. Then after school, N walks up with my other friend, we'll call her H, and H starts talking for her, then N says that she was crying during the whole assembly cause i didnt sit with her and that i was ignoring her, and all this stuff that wasnt true! Should i not be friends with her? Help!

Hey babe,

You should be friends with her if you want to be.  But, you're right, having her be this clingy is a definite red flag.  If it happens again, maybe then reconsider gradually ending the friendship.
Jordan S.

by purplecupcake411 on 4/14/2012 6:22:40 PM

HI! I me t my ex 2 summers ago and he asked me out. I never had a bf so i wasn't sure what to say. My best friend said i should totally go for it. It took me a while but I accepted. We were together for 7 months. Then my other bestie started to talk bad about him and it seemed to me that she was jealous of my relationship with him. She was like the only one i could talk about my bf with. I still miss him. My bestie and i are not friends any more. Now every time i see my ex i just wish that i had enough courage to tell him why i broke up with him and how i felt. HE still goes to my school, its just that idk how to tell him that i miss him. what should i do?

by Dilyla16 on 2/22/2012 10:54:56 AM

Mod Mod Mod :Help my bff keps telling me to ask the guy I like out I reallylike him but I am really nervous around him . But she told me today that if I don't ask him out soon she's asking him out for me . This is will be my first boyfriend and if I can't get the nerve to talk to him know I'm worried I won't be able to talk to him if we go out.Also my BFF is great but now that she has a boyfriend and after every class she walks to every class with him.It seems like I never have any time to talk to her alone .I've tried talkingto her about it but she does it anyway .

Hey girlie. Go for it! I know it's scary to get your first boyfriend, but it's also exciting! If you go out with him, just talk to him like you always do. Also, you could plan double dates with your bff and the bf's. Usually in a group, things are a little less nerve racking. Talk to her again about it. She's probably just caught up with having a boyfriend, so that tends to happen. Schedule some time for just you and her.
Marly Z.

by Likatruzippo7 on 3/7/2011 8:05:09 PM

Mod mod!
Please help me! I have this guy that I like. But I don't want me to like him anymore. How do I get over him? I don't want to think about him or look at him anymore!
(just to let you know, we didn't date, I was just crushing)

Hey girlie. Try focusing your attention on another guy. If there's no other guy that you might want to crush on, focus on yourself and achieving your goals!
Marly Z.

by kmn21 on 1/22/2011 5:52:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
please helpe with my problem with my friend. She is so self centered! She always says something like "…because I am amazing" or "…yeah cause I'm brilliant"
it gets on my nerves. Not only that but she will (literally) push her way into our little group. We are all nice, so no one will say, "do you mind?"
but everyone wants too. She revolves everything about her. An if she doesn't like something, she will insult them or will call them stupid. But I have to be nice to her because she is te only "friend" in my p.e. Class. But I have a ton of friends. Except my closer ones don't go to my school. We all go to different schools except I am the only one not in their district! So what do I do about my little friend who is self centered and mean to everyone?

Hey girl. If the only reason you're hanging out with this girl is because she's in your gym class, you might want to reevaluate this friendship. Start making new friends in your gym class, and slowly start spending more time with them and less time with the other girl. Be respectful of her feelings, but also remember that a fake friendship is neither genuine or productive.

Elizabeth P.

by kmn21 on 1/22/2011 12:00:44 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
my friend is awesome but she knows i like a guy and whenever he talks to me she interupts and talks to him! and he gives her looks like leave me alone and so do i but i dont want to be rude i asked her if she likes him and she says she doesnt.
Also she always says that all the guys at school like her even though they all say shes annoying and revolves the conversation around her sorry this was kinda long but what should i do????

Hey girlie, confront your friend and tell her how her rude behavior makes you feel

Paige T.

by Soccer Chic13 on 1/16/2011 11:06:00 PM

I am a very shy person around people I don't know. I have a lot of friends who I am crazy with all of the time, but I am terrible at making new friends. Any advvice?

by emily!!!!!!!!!!! on 1/15/2011 6:54:27 PM

MOD MOD MOD My guy friend is really depressed over a girl. It's scary because usually he's so happy...but lately he's been reallt down and he keeps getting into trouble because he's getting mad really easily. Whenever I talk to him, he always sounds so sad, and I know it's because of this girl. I've been trying to make him feel better, and distract him from thinking about her, but it doesn't seem to be helping much. I'm getting worried. What should I do?

Hey girl! Try sitting down with your friend and tell him you want to have a serious converation! Tell him that you are worried about him and you are always here if he needs anything! The best you can do is just be there for him! However if he ever gets mad at you speak to a parent or guidance counselor right away! Hope this helps! XOXO

Blaine D.

by madibird on 1/11/2011 11:02:04 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
okay to keep it short and sweet, my BFF and i like the say guy in our class. no one knows but my firend told EVERYBODY, and when i say everybody, i mean everybody! she even makes innapropriat quotes about him. the thing is, his friend told us he likes another girl in our class thats not my BFF. im wondering if its me. what should i do?

Hey girlie,

Don't jump to conclusions about who he likes or doesn't like... unless you hear it for sure. Instead, just try to talk to your BFF and, together, think about the best way to handle a crush. Suggest that it might not be a great thing to announce it to everyone or tease him like that - that's not going to make him like her! But remember that, ultimately, it's her decision how she handles it, so ya gotta support her whatever she decides Smile And remember not to let this guy come between you two! No guy is worth that Smile

Lauren C.

by MissElectricSocks on 1/10/2011 6:48:07 PM

mod mod mod My friend.. She is immature.. She makes comments dissing one of my favorite types of music.. rock. When I showed her my eyes with eyeliner and mascara while we were doing makeovers she said eyeliner makes someone look like a prostitute. SHE GETS SOO JEALOUS I have to talk to her a lot when my other friends are with us so shes satisfied. If I talk to my other friends she wont talk to me. She also talks about me to my sister.. she took me to an amusement park once and she took my sister once. We both dont like huge rides and she told my sister dont be a baby like Gracie. She also copys me.. my favorite singer is tobyMac and now she is getting tobyMac cds she also gets a ton of posters now (I counted mine and I have 150) I wanna know if theres a way that I can tell her I can have more than one best friend, and her comments make me mad well thank you for taking the time to read this!!!

hey girl! although it can be annoying, imitation IS the finest form of flattery! it means she likes your stuff and you're doing something right. as far as being jealous, tell her unless she wants to lose you she needs to back off some. you're allowed to have more than one friend! i would also let her know that her comments making fun of some of the things you like, are hurtful. let her know they bother you and they're creating a gap in your friendship. tell her you want to keep her friendship, but it's hard when all of these different things stand in the way. good luck!

Caitlin F.